People think that Soul doesn't exist because we cant see it. In that way, even Radio waves cannot be seen; so, does it mean that radio waves do not exist?

valentineleos avatar Religion
0 25

There's no evidence for souls. There's evidence for radio waves. It's got little to do with "you can't see it."

@eldorito There's no evidence for souls. There's evidence for radio waves. It's got little to do with "you can't see it."

actually
people use sight a lot for existence

"seeing is believing"

so that's why I think OP posted that

as for the existence of the soul:
http://www.psychologytoday.com/...dence-says-yes

@fuzala actually people use sight a lot for existence "seeing is believing" so that's why I think OP posted that as for...

The article linked uses "you can't explain that" for evidence of the existence of the soul.

@eldorito The article linked uses "you can't explain that" for evidence of the existence of the soul.

that depends on how you read it

" biocentrism...challenges this...model of reality"

can't see air either

inb4
"can't see dragons/unicorns/imaginary friends either"

blind people can't see at all
but they feel existence with their other senses is what I'm trying to get at

to clarify
I believe that souls exist
I believe God exists

@valentineleo have you ever experimented with soul?

I'm not sure what you mean

the fetus gets a soul I think at or around 120 days

@fuzala I'm not sure what you mean the fetus gets a soul I think at or around 120 days

there are certain meditation techniques through which you can understand or feel the existence of soul. So, have you tried any of the meditation techniques?

@valentineleo there are certain meditation techniques through which you can understand or feel the existence of soul. So, have...

I've meditated before
but I really suck at it

not to experiment with my soul though
just to clear my mind and whatnot

I think the soul leaves the body when we go to sleep and dream

so we kinda die every time we go to sleep
I heard someone call it a "small death"
......................................

are you Indian?

@valentineleo Do not leave it, we all suck at it initially. It takes patience. yes, i am an Indian

it takes A LOT of patience

hopefully
I'll get better at it

if I can concentrate
I would think that improves my concentration during prayer as well

kill two birds with one stone

What about particles in the brain that make up consciousness?

@MusicIsAGift What about particles in the brain that make up consciousness?

i have no idea about them. There is also something known as super-conscious. This may have relation with it.

haha nice comment i must say!!

Soul is nowadays a general idea that consists the act of neurons and the chemicals that affect their actions(hormones) and includes the complexity of human emotions. This is not accepted by everyone because it is containining ethical issues. Such as then soul can be modified through alteration on brain anatomy which is inaccuraty because we can call soul the whole of these things and can't be defined by its parts(Neurons).Just so the whole(soul) creates something aside from the sum of its parts.

we have ways to detect radio waves

I think souls don't exist because there is no proof of them. Radio waves have immense proof.

Also, what many consider a soul, I see as the brain. The brain makes us who we are. This is why brain dead people are basically dead. Babies with such underdeveloped brains have no personalities or moral understandings.

@anubha lolz

Ah, a new member. Lets warm you up eh? What are you laughing at if I may ask?

You can't see wind, either - only the effects of the wind.