Sacrificing is the quality of a weak or a strong?

valentineleos avatar Religion
0 28

Compromise is a more useful than sacrifice. Though I guess compromise involves sacrifice to some extent.

@valentineleo as per you, what is difference between sacrifice and compromise?

Sacrifice is giving something up. Compromise is giving up part of something so that two people with opposing wants will each get a small part of what they want.

@Wunderscore Sacrifice is giving something up. Compromise is giving up part of something so that two people with opposing wants...

well it seems like there is a very small difference between compromise and sacrifice. Thanks for answering my question :)
"Stranger Danger" :P

You need to be strong to be able to sacrifice something that you love. On the other side, some might sacrifice others so they can save themselves. There is a weak and a strong I guess.

@JuzRealisedIAmACat You need to be strong to be able to sacrifice something that you love. On the other side, some might sacrifice...

i agree with your first line.
Can someone sacrifice others? i mean that is actually not a sacrifice. It is a selfish act.

Depends on why ur sacrificing

@Arzomaryam Depends on why ur sacrificing

according to you, which sacrifice is the one that resembles weak person and which one resembles strong person?

@valentineleo according to you, which sacrifice is the one that resembles weak person and which one resembles strong person?

Well in ny opinion, sacrificing something like your life is for the weak. But then sacrificing something like your ego, is for the strong.

@valentineleo indeed sacrificing for ego is strong but sacrificing life is not weak. Do think about it :)

Again it depends on the situation but most likely theres always an alternative. Death is the easy way over having to fight to make things right sometimes people refuse to even think theres another option. Which is also a characteristic of the weak.

@valentineleo can suicide be considered as sacrifice?

Yeah, ppl 'sacrifice' themselves in the name of love and religion all the time and other situations too.

@valentineleo then it cannot be considered as weakness, may be its arrogance or unawareness.

It is ones weakness that they are unaware of their own actions or surroundings. And arrogance is also a part of ones weakness. It all adds up back to the fact that someone who sacrifices their life is weak.

@Arzomaryam It is ones weakness that they are unaware of their own actions or surroundings. And arrogance is also a part of...

unawareness cannot be considered for weakness. I often feel sympathy for terrorists, just because they are grown in such an environment that they do not get education of ethics and morals. I am an Indian, i have seen their way of living.

@valentineleo unawareness cannot be considered for weakness. I often feel sympathy for terrorists, just because they are grown in...

Sympathy? Hah your funny. Those people need to be tortured one by one. They have no right to take someones live. They would only understand if they see someone they love die infront of them or see their own death coming. Im an afghn too and these things always happen in my country. Its very sad to hear of someone dying. To hear that somewhere that means so much to you has been destroyed. You give sympathy to people who take away that from someone? You give sympathy to poeple who disable people and make them homeless without their loved ones? Is it right to put someone in that state in the name of sacrifice? These kind of people are only stupid dumb weak illiterates who dont even deserve to live.

@Arzomaryam Sympathy? Hah your funny. Those people need to be tortured one by one. They have no right to take someones live...

when i was a kid, i used to kill insects and once even murdered a pigeon and bullied the younger ones just for fun. I had this mentality because slaughter houses were next to me, also people around me were this violent.
But later, as good education was imparted to me, i changed. Today i am pure vegetarian, just because i feel sympathy and love animals.

Indeed, when a terrorist confronts you, you must kill him or else he will kill you. Its the matter for survival.

But there is difference between Mosquito and Man. There is no other option than killing a mosquito for he cant be educated. But Man can be educated.

Depends for what you sacrifice. If you sacrifice for the greater good its a quality of the strong - It takes good reasoning, courage and justification. If you sacrifice out of belief then thats a quality of the weak - It takes little research and rationality.

Being able to find enjoyment in eating certain types of food, sex before marriage, time - used for prayers etc., discovering the wonders of science, relationships with people that have different beliefs, giving children the choice of finding their own beliefs, etc.

Sacrificing something like other people's lives is for the weak and albeit demented. Sacrificing something like your time for, say, helping out at a community service project instead of playing video games, is for the strong.

Strong. It's a sacrifice because you care a lot about whatever it is you are sacrificing. An analogy would be like with me I love chocolate and hate broccoli. I sacrifice chocolate cause I'm on a diet. I don't sacrifice broccoli because I don't need or eat it at all.