+2

It's pretty confusing how three awesome things (Michael Jordan, Loony Tunes and I believe I can fly by R.Kelly) all come together in such a HORRIBLE movie "Space Jam", amirite?

RapGeeks avatar
0 3
The voters have decided that RapGeek is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Hmmmm.............let's see, it opened number 1 in the U.S. and grossed over $230 million worldwide. According to Wikipedia, it was the highest grossing basketball film of all time. And you grossed just exactly how much since 1996?
And then there were the video games, the VHS and DVD releases, the toy lines, oh, and all those things called AWARDS!
Sounds like you have been doing some space jamming yourself mr. geek. Here is the Wiki link since you obviously failed to read about its success before putting it down.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Jam

@freespeechfreelancer Hmmmm.............let's see, it opened number 1 in the U.S. and grossed over $230 million worldwide. According to...

Well I admit it was a big hit and I didn't deny that in the very beginning, but judging but your enthusiasm I'm sure you like the fascinating and "award deserving" acting of MJ (I'm being sarcastic). Not to mention that one of the greatest songs of all time (judging by Rolling Stone mag) was played once in a single clip... I don't care about the box office or the credits because unlike you I say what I see. And if getting "success" in the box office is a prove of the greatness of a movie; explain "Never Say Never"...

RapGeeks avatar RapGeek Yeah You Are 0Reply
@RapGeek Well I admit it was a big hit and I didn't deny that in the very beginning, but judging but your enthusiasm I'm...

I did not even say that I personally ranked it as one of my faves or greatest - I merely defended the merits of the movie based on the facts of what it actually achieved.
In the entertainment industry, box office and sales of songs ARE everything. Whether we agree or not, they determine the "success" of a movie or song. I have thought that many movies were crap that did very well at the box office. The same with a certain song. And as long as enough people like something, and it motivates them enough to go out and pay to see or hear it, then those "horrible" movies will keep rolling out. When the sales of a movie or song don't even make a blip on the numbers meter, THEN they are called a tank or turd at the box office.
I am not a Bieber follower, but again, just Googled Never Say Never, and it had a respectable showing, and did in fact MAKE MONEY. Money IS the name of the game in the entertainment world. It made almost $100 million worldwide and its budget was only $13 million. By doing even the simplest math, the documentary made money and received several acclaims.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ju...ever_Say_Never

For an example of a real "horrible" dud at the box office, I would cite "Town And Country." It starred Warren Beatty, Goldie Hawn, and Diane Keaton - all big names. Its budget was $105 million but it only grossed $10 million. That is called a miserable belly flop and they lost their shorts!