-17

You think that saying sorry will make everything go back to normal.

piedpiper303s avatar People & Celebrities
0 11

well saying sorry isn't useless
especially not when done seriously

saying sorry can make a difference
and it might lead to things going back to normal

but not for certain

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree +2Reply
@fuzala well saying sorry isn't useless especially not when done seriously saying sorry can make a difference and it might...

Throw a plate at the wall. It broke right? Now say sorry to it. Did it go back to the way it was? Do you get it now?

@piedpiper303 Throw a plate at the wall. It broke right? Now say sorry to it. Did it go back to the way it was? Do you get it now?

and as I said before

feeling aren't like that
they're easier to mend and put together after an apology

they're less stubborn than the plate

the act of sincerely apologizing is not useless
it's very important and beneficial

if someone broke my feelings
and sincerely apologized
my feelings would no longer be broken

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree +1Reply
@fuzala and as I said before feeling aren't like that they're easier to mend and put together after an apology they're...

You really don't understand. You're thinking that "oh, they said sorry. All the hurt they caused me is suddenly gone!" Sorry hun but that's really not how it works. You must be thinking little, like "sorry I shut your locker while you were using it". That doesn't cause any emotional pain. If someone caused you deep emotional or physical pain and then said sorry, your hurt wouldn't be gone just because of that apology, now would it?

@piedpiper303 You really don't understand. You're thinking that "oh, they said sorry. All the hurt they caused me is suddenly...

guurl
don't call me hun
I'm a sugar hehe smilie

yeah
it would be gone because of an apology
it's happened to me before

apologies make a world of difference for me when it's a sincere apology

not the condescending kind

and I'm also not scarred from it either
WOOOT

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree 0Reply
@piedpiper303 Then they obviously didn't cause you much pain in the first place.

excuz meh

I knoooo da payne I feelz

dun toldz meh wut 2 feelz

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree +1Reply

You can try and glue that plate back together, but it will never be the same. It will always be scarred from where you broke it.

Saying sorry can help, but it will never compensate enough for the hurt person to fully recover on a "sorry" alone.

Generally it won't mend issues, but it's a step in the right direction. I feels as though although an apology won't fix something, it's the least someone could do for me. Sometimes it reminds me that what's more important than the broken lamp is the crying family member who's as torn up about it as I am angry about it.
Apologies don't fix lamps but they communicate emotion and that can help us better understand and handle the situation we're in.

Modest correction: You HOPE that saying sorry will make everything go back to normal.