If you could go back in your life and re-live/ re-do one part over, what would it be and why?

What would you do? Would you go back to re-live the perfect moment, or go back and make it happen?

Ethans avatar Jokes & Humour
0 77
@1947594

Life shouldn't be taken SO seriously in the first place. It's not worth it.

Honestly I would have dated many more girls in Highschool. Like many teenagers, I fell into the trap of thinking that if the girl was not considered super-hot by my peers that I would be mocked for dating her. I was attracted to many that were considered "plain" by society standards and I was too naive to understand: if I thought they were pretty they were pretty.

Looking back I realize that many guys dated "plain" girls and never got made-fun-of. It was really a bonehead move to not ask a girl out that I thought was cute just because I was afraid that the other guys did not think she was cute. And many girls flirted with me that I shunned because I was afraid of what others would think if I dated them. What a dope I was.

Of course in college I dated more freely and I end up in a very happy marriage many years later but I missed out on meeting and dating a lot of people because of my insecurity. If you are still in highschool don't be a dope like me, ask out the girls that are not on the cheering squad if you think they are cute you will be glad you did.

@Out of curiosity, have you ever been divorced?

Yes. I married a girl that everyone else thought was super hot I married her because all the guys wanted to date her and I wanted to prove that I was better hen them and could get her. That marriage lasted about 8 month. Then I met a girl that I thought was super hot and I didn't care what others thought. We have been married 24 years.

@Were you ever in love with your first wife?

I don't know how to answer this question because I don't now what "in love" really means. I still love her in the sense that I would be sad if anything bad happened to her (brotherly love) I used to get ragingly turned on by her, but not anymore (erotic love). I never felt the comfort with her that I feel with my current wife (spiritual love). I love my current wife in all three ways and my first wife in only two of those three ways.

@How does one attain spiritual love?

I don't know. It just is.

Some philosophers/anthropologists say there are these three type of love. Sexual love, spiritual love and brotherly love often called Eros, Agape and Philia. (Christians say there are 4 types).

If you have ever felt Eros then you might not ask - how does one attain sexual love - it just is, you become aroused when you are with someone and you call that love.

Same with Philia - you want to protect your family and friends from harm and you want to help them when they struggle, you miss them when they go away, all because you love them. You don't attain that, it just is.

Spiritual love just is, you feel it because it is there.

In christian theology agape is often reserved for the love between god and man and Storge (family love) is added to represent love between family members.

I would probably go back to when I was like 5 just so I can see my brother one last time

I would re-do the last 9 years, only if I still knew everything I know right now.

I would get to know my parents better.

I wouldn't mess with the past

typical, boring answer
I know

I wouldn't, because if you go back and relive the past, something else might happen that would effect your present and future. The past is the past. I don't want to re-live it, I'm fine with remembering.

In movies, people who mess with the past or future usually messes up their present.

Can I hold on to this offering and use it later when I have something I really want to relive?

@MusicIsAGift The TRUE anonymous troll.

I like you, MusicIsAGift.

a smilie

@1952995

Are you talking about me telling MusicIsAGift I like him? or because I was mean to Wunderscore?

@1952999

I'd like to call it Revenge.

Once in a good while.

@1952995

I with you on that

I guess we humans can be cruel

it happens in competitions
when we're hurt
as a defense mechanism
etc.

@1952985

For the record, I wasn't using sarcasm.

@MusicIsAGift The TRUE anonymous troll.

Yes. Because she so deserves it.

I'm going to say nothing more.

@Yes. Because she so deserves it. I'm going to say nothing more.

I am so very disappointed

I will also show this disappointment in emoticon form

@Yeah. And I'm so bothered by that.

You are bothered

you're bothered subconsciously

or else you wouldn't have felt the need to tell me that you're bothered using sarcasm

A person who truly was not bothered
or a person who truly did not care what I think would not have bothered to reply

@You'll be surprised to know, I don't.

ah
with that comment

you prove once again that you are bothered

@With you? No. with Wunderscore? Hell yes.

let me rephrase

you care about my opinion and about my disappointment

@fuzala let me rephrase you care about my opinion and about my disappointment

Nope, again.

You're not having any effect on me, in this scenario.

@Nope, again. You're not having any effect on me, in this scenario.

I do too have an effect

I proved it with the second comment

@fuzala I do too have an effect I proved it with the second comment

You're impossible. But i'm as stubborn as you. I can do this all day, honey.
When will you get it into your head, you're not? I replied, because you're saying something to me. I'm replying because I always reply to whatever someone says to me.

@Umm.. okay?

I think I won this debate

WOOOOOOOOOOO

@fuzala I think I won this...

It wasn't a debate.

You just said you're dissapointed. And I said I didnt bother and then you got dissapointed I didnt bother.

wink smilie

@It wasn't a debate. You just said you're dissapointed. And I said I didnt bother and then you got dissapointed I...

OH VERY CLEVER

trying to switch it up on me

although I may have felt a slight tinge when you first said that it bothered you so much

I quickly realized it was as defense mechanism because you cared that I was disappointed

@fuzala OH VERY CLEVER trying to switch it up on me although I may have felt a slight tinge when you first said that it...

Of course, I'm clever. I know how to get to you.

That was sarcasm that I used when I said I'm bothered.

@Of course, I'm clever. I know how to get to you. That was sarcasm that I used when I said I'm bothered.

I know

I already pointed out it was sarcasm

the sarcastic reply was because my disappointment bothered you

@Okay. Now what? Eat biryani?

Okay

biryani?

I definitely know who you are

I WIN THIS DEBATE
WEEEEEEEEEEEE

@fuzala Okay biryani? I definitely know who you are I WIN THIS DEBATE WEEEEEEEEEEEE

You don't know me. We've never spoken before.

And don't try guessing.

@You don't know me. We've never spoken before. And don't try guessing.

I already figured it out
we've spoken before
you spent me one e-mail before with an audio file jolly smilie

there aren't many amiriters that know about biryani

there's me and one other amiriter on this site right now that would know about biryani

and I know who that amiriter is

YOU HAVE BEEN CAUGHT RED HANDED
maniac smilie

@Where have we spoken before?

on amirite

we message regularly

in fact
I'll send a message right now to you

@I know about and eat biryani often!

yummy rice and bits of goodness with spicy sweet sauce. I like a few raisins and some chicken or shrimp with lot of chopped veggies and maybe some cashews or almonds tossed in for crunchiness - I want some biryani now!

If I ever me wonderscore in real life and if I was 30 years younger and if she would date me I would ask her out. She is very cool.

May I asked why you're so bothered by me being a boring human being?

@Wunderscore May I asked why you're so bothered by me being a boring human being?

I'm not bothered by you being a boring human being. That's none of my business.

This was revenge. For being mean to me in so many of your comments on my posts.
I'm just repaying the favor.

@I'm not bothered by you being a boring human being. That's none of my business. This was revenge. For being mean...

Some revenge.

But I apologize if I was mean to you. I promise that it wasn't intentional. All of the arguments (that I can think of..) in which I do oppose people strongly, my opposition is strictly about the content. I don't have problems with any users (again, that I can think of) on here. So, again, if you took my overall bitchiness as being mean directly to you, I apologize.

@I guessed as much, your life is boring, and not worth reliving.

My life is pretty boring. But I'm a pretty boring person, so I like it like this. I wouldn't want to relive my life, because I already remember the good bits pretty well, and I've already done it once; I don't need to do the same thing over and over without yielding a different result.

@Wunderscore My life is pretty boring. But I'm a pretty boring person, so I like it like this. I wouldn't want to relive my...

It would probably be less boring, if you weren't such a prude.
Take this positively.

@It would probably be less boring, if you weren't such a prude. Take this positively.

I'm satisfied with my boring life, so why would I change a good thing?

@Wunderscore I'm satisfied with my boring life, so why would I change a good thing?

Boring is good sometimes. I'll give you that.
I'm not much of a drama person, either.

There are way too many to decide.

probably primary - high school, so many mistakes.

I would not have home schooled in middle school. I could have skipped a grade or two had I stayed in the public school system.

I would try to treat everyone better. Not be such a brat but there is always the chance that messing with the past will mess with the present and the future so I'll stick to nothing as a precaution.