"Write drunk, edit sober." Ever tried Hemingway's advice?

19% Yes 56% No 18% Why the hell would I? 7% Other
Melinas avatar Life
0 3

Not yet...

Sort of. I wrote drunk, though I didn't edit it. It was a lot of fun, too! Asked a dear friend of mine if I could message her while I got drunk. She said yes, so I left the most disgusting, weird, emotional, sexually explicit message I've ever seen. I didn't make any spelling errors, though I used zero punctuation.

I'm actually pretty proud of it. She thought it was really sweet, and my friend laughed his ass of when I showed it to him.

I did the same thing with her when I was really high. A few spelling errors, but otherwise flawless grammar and punctuation. That one was A LOT more emotional and poetic with a lot less sex.

@Mike_Hawk Sort of. I wrote drunk, though I didn't edit it. It was a lot of fun, too! Asked a dear friend of mine if I could...

lol. I did both as well. My texts while I was in the hospital on morphine were VERY eloquent. And drunk texts are usually quite fun, when read sober. ;)