-25

If we would have born with an expiry-date, our world would be a better place with no war and crimes. Everyone would have lived their life to the fullest without wasting time in useless things.

valentineleos avatar Life
0 17

I don't think the date of expiration would stop those things

some might even go all out on the day before they're gonna die
and rob everything
since going to jail for a few hours doesn't sound that bad

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree +4Reply
@fuzala I don't think the date of expiration would stop those things some might even go all out on the day before they're...

Plus, I wonder how some parents would treat a child who might expire at age 2 versus a child who would expire at age 80. Would they even bother caring for the first child?

@StickCaveman Plus, I wonder how some parents would treat a child who might expire at age 2 versus a child who would expire at...

it could go either way

since the time is limited to 2 years for the first one
some could shower the child with attention and spoil 'em rotten

spend as much time as possible with the first child in that short time

others wouldn't want to form an attachment and stay very distant

I'm pretty grateful not knowing the date of expiration

fuzalas avatar fuzala Disagree +3Reply
@fuzala My time is limited

indeed everyone is going to die oneday, what if you live for more 100 years? or if you realize that you will live for only one year?

I think that you are very optimistic. The world is full of deadlines, and yet people consistently wait until the last minute to do things. It doesn't matter if you are given a year, a month, a week, or a day to do something in advance, the average person would still wait until they absolutely had to do it.

The way I see it, if people saw that their expiration date was 80 years, they would think, "I have a lot of time left" and would continue thinking that and postponing things until they have 5 frail years left, when they are too weak to do most things that they wanted. This sounds really sad, but I'm yet to see anything that proves that most humans will do anything different.

rilaras avatar rilara Disagree +1Reply
@rilara I think that you are very optimistic. The world is full of deadlines, and yet people consistently wait until the...

"fear of death makes a man alive" - Unknown
even if it is 80 years, man would have made a countdown, and would have noted all the events and would try to make it big.

@valentineleo "fear of death makes a man alive" - Unknown even if it is 80 years, man would have made a countdown, and would...

A quote is not a fact. Also, most people don't really fear death until it comes knocking on their door. People regularly throw their life away, and it isn't until they believe that they have months or a year left to live that they start doing something of worth. A lifetime is too long for people to really feel the reality of death. It would be just as abstract as if they didn't know when they were going to die.

rilaras avatar rilara Disagree 0Reply
@1948194

may be you are right, may be you are wrong. Anyway it is just an imagination.