+6

You find it weird how some people rely on scientific research and experimentation, experience through their senses and reason in their day to day lives, but when it comes trying to understand the universe they mostly or only rely on/approach faith, revelation and teaching. Amirite?

Religion
0 36

I fail to see how everything about the universe is explained anywhere within our grasps

@I'm talking about the how questions not the why questions.

I'm gonna need examples because I don't understand

@fuzala I'm gonna need examples because I don't understand

Like how the universe and life came to be.

Also stuff like is there life after death. And how people say stuff like natural disasters happen because we sin and don't acknowledge or approach the science behind it.

Can also relate to moral and ethical decisions. Like gay marriage.

@Like how the universe and life came to be. Also stuff like is there life after death. And how people say stuff...

all of that's intertwined in some way

moral, ethics, science, universe, faith, etc

the universe contains all that

@fuzala all of that's intertwined in some way moral, ethics, science, universe, faith, etc the universe contains all that

Religion is ultimately based on faith, how can people be okay with the the other stuff I mentioned in my post not supporting or validating it. Why is faith even considered a valid reason in believing in something?

@Religion is ultimately based on faith, how can people be okay with the the other stuff I mentioned in my post not...

the aspects I listed aren't mutually exclusive

I also don't understand what you mean by "how can people be okay with the other stuff I mentioned in my most not supporting or validating it"

what is exactly do you mean by "other stuff"
You mentioned a couple
What exactly is "it"?

@fuzala the aspects I listed aren't mutually exclusive I also don't understand what you mean by "how can people be okay...

What does that have to do with this discussion?

Other stuff as in, " Scientific research and experimentation, experience..."

@What does that have to do with this discussion? Other stuff as in, " Scientific research and experimentation...

"that"
which that are you talking about? maniac smilie

I thought it was relevant

it's easy to be okay
majority of human inhabitants of the world do it

you just do it
just like you eat and answer the calls of nature

plus
the other stuff has validated my beliefs before

@fuzala "that" which that are you talking about? I thought it was relevant it's easy to be okay majority of...

"The aspects I listed aren't mutually exclusive ". Lol.

"you just do it, just like you eat and answer the calls of nature" - I don't get how this argues against what I'm trying to say? I eat because it's common sense , in order for me to survive, not because I have faith.

I get how human reasoning and thinking through it can validate one's religion. But for every reason someone may have there is a counter argument floating somewhere in the internet that would annihilate their reasoning behind it.

How has the other stuff (science and experience through senses) validated your beliefs?

Plus having faith makes you susceptible to believing in lots of other things for which there is no evidence.

@"The aspects I listed aren't mutually exclusive ". Lol. "you just do it, just like you eat and answer the calls...

yeah
I knew you were talking about that wary smilie
eventually

I haven't actually measured the distance from the Earth to the Sun

I just trust the people who figured that out

what I was trying to get at with that eating comparison is that for most
it's just that natural to them

What other stuff?
well stuff like the Big Bang
geology
mathematics
etc

these things reassure

and evidence comes in many forms
maybe consider written words evidence

@fuzala yeah I knew you were talking about that eventually I haven't actually measured the distance from the...

You have that position not because you merely trust them, but because you know that they would have evidence based on data,multiple trials, and is peer reviewed.

How would you distinguish what is written is false from what is true, more specifically religious texts?

@You have that position not because you merely trust them, but because you know that they would have evidence based...

for me
it's because not a single letter has been changed

if I was really paranoid
I would say they were all in on it
and were telling us the Sun is x miles away so they can control the masses

of course I don't really think that
but others could argue that

@fuzala for me it's because not a single letter has been changed if I was really paranoid I would say they were all in on...

So what if not a single letter has been changed,what exactly does that prove?

That wouldn't work. But if you say a higher power that is beyond human comprehension ,therefore cannot be proved nor disproved empirically,said so, then throw in the promise of the ultimate reward and instil fear, you may have a way of controlling the masses.

@So what if not a single letter has been changed,what exactly does that prove? That wouldn't work. But if you say a...

because letters have been changed with other written words

it shows preservation
and that it's protected

yeah
but there's more than one that says that

and there's so much more to it
there's spirituality

and the masses don't have to believe
they can simply choose not to or go on to another one

@fuzala because letters have been changed with other written words it shows preservation and that it's protected...

And that's the only thing it shows.

-- What makes your religion the true one over every other religion that has ever existed and how can you trust your own spiritual feelings to be the actual thing or as what you interpret it?--

I remembered I asked that before and read your previous answer again. I don't get how the similarities of Islam to other two Abrahamic religions support your beliefs. The Greek and Roman gods are essentially the same, they just differ by name. If anything it just shows that one adopted the myths and deities of the other.

"Prophets from different time periods sharing the same messages"- what messages are they? How is that different from Aboriginal spiritual beliefs, who have been passing down for thousands of years to what is essentially the same message and stories?

Well, yeah. Though religion is a powerful and efficient tool, if not the most, in controlling people.

@And that's the only thing it shows. -- What makes your religion the true one over every other religion that has...

well you see
in the translation

{We have, without doubt, sent down the Reminder [i.e., the Quran]; and We will assuredly guard it [from corruption].} (Al-Hijr 15:9)

it has indeed been guarded like written
so it's another reaffirmation

the same messages like certain stories

and some claim that the holy book I read is copying the Bible but there was no Arabic translation of the Bible during Prophet Muhammad's (pbuh) time

and he was illiterate too

yet Muhammad and Jesus (pbutb) had a lot of similar things to say

same can be said with Moses and the others (pbuta)

and in the Hindu Scriptures
the Oneness of God is repeatedly mentioned

@ See 1:28-3:46

I'm not at home right now

can you give me the gist of it?

@fuzala I'm not at home right now can you give me the gist of it?

You don't have to respond now.

Assesses if is ancient text the best way to communicate from who apparently created the universe. And the consequences of that.

@You don't have to respond now. Assesses if is ancient text the best way to communicate from who apparently...

I didn't wanna forget
I probably won't though hopefully

why does the thumbnail have a naked person? wary smilie

@I think that's suppose to be Adam.

I believe I exist
so I left the room when they told me to leave ._.

maniac smilie

so I'm on 00:48

this reminds me of a another video another amiriter put up

and I feel like it's going down the same path
and that other video didn't apply to me

I'll wait for you to respond before I continue

@I think that's suppose to be Adam.

never mind

you told me to skip that part
I shall continue

@I think that's suppose to be Adam.

thanks haha

...............................................................

oh man
it's satirical

the thing is that religions existed before Judaism or Christianity

I would not say all those religions were false religions

I don't know what happened before Judaism
but I'm sure that some messages were the same pre-Abraham and pre-Abrahamic religions

Jeff says to just put it straight forward

but if you look at things like skeletons
there's a group of people who don't believe that skeletons exist

there are some who refuse the existence of dinosaurs

you can give people things straight forward
but they still can deny it

our perception of ourselves and our surroundings are pretty limited and diverse

@fuzala thanks haha ............................................................... oh man it's satirical the thing is...

Wow. And I thought the flat-earth society is as crazy as they get.

It's the creator of everything I'm pretty sure he'll find a way to convince a bunch of humans.

@Wow. And I thought the flat-earth society is as crazy as they get. It's the creator of everything I'm pretty sure...

the skeleton one is not a religious thing as far as I know

but that wouldn't be a test/trial

@fuzala the skeleton one is not a religious thing as far as I know but that wouldn't be a test/trial

Yeah I figured. I've never heard of a religious text saying or hinting that skeletons don't exist.

Whattup.

But why would an all-knowing being need to test his creations, what's the point if he knows the outcome anyways?

PopsicleSticks avatar PopsicleStick Yeah You Are 0Reply

another thing

you accidentally slipped with your identity when you replied to that one comment maniac smilie

@fuzala pfft I was waaay off alrighty

Btw who did you think I was?

@Btw who did you think I was?

you know how you said "I remembered I asked that before and read your previous answer again."

I thought you might be the OP from that post
but I didn't have much of an idea

I probably would've came to you eventually

Anonymous