+155

I submit that all schoolboys must wear short trousers up to 18 years old.

yvan125s avatar Life
0 105

For 3 years I was only boy in my school year in short trousers that was from 14 to 16

@How short were they

Short enough to show my bum when I crossed my legs

@How short were they

I was told that that when standing straight your fingertips should reach the hem of the shorts,that would leave an inseam of two inches.

I can remember how disappointed I was going to senior school and having to wear long trousers. I made up for it at home by wearing short trousers of all descriptions all the time. I just hated having trousers around my legs.

These days there is the odd senior school in the UK that allows short trousers-Witness the protests by boys to be allowed shorts.

p.s Now I am retired, I can wear shorts all the time (I have shorts of all lengths from just above the knee to very short, just covering my bottom)

@strictshorts I can remember how disappointed I was going to senior school and having to wear long trousers. I made up for it at...

I am also retired but our circumstances are and were different, In the junior college run by religious Catholic fathers, where I was enrolled more than forty five years ago, the wearing of the school uniform consisting in short trousers and all the outfit was mandatory up to Form 4 or up to 16 years old. But the religious fathers were encouraging parents, for many good reasons, to keep their sons in short trousers till the end of their secondary classes at 17-18 years. So my parents , especially my mum decided to make me wear very nice well-cut suit shorts at least up to the end of Form V. During my FormVi, I was very frustrated and deconcerted having to wear long trousers, If, I can borrow your words« I just hated having trousers around my legs » . Then, decieved and frustrated, from s bona fide student I became a rowdy one who had to be sent many times to thePrefect of Discipline's office,to sit with him and at one occasion at the limitd of exasperation. he ordered me to put down my long trousers and bend over the back of of a chair , He then swung with all his strenght, a three inches thick leather strap five or six timeson my bare bottom. Happily, at h ome, I wore by defect all kinds of shorts according to circumstances. I was formely a teacher of Ancient Greek and Latin and I appreciated it very much when some students in the secondary and icollege were showing up in very colorful shorts. I don't understand why most senior schools in UK forbid short trousers, Most of the students are above 18 years and are coming of age, Like you, I have been retired for 16 years now, and I can wear shorts of all lenghts and I enjoy especially the very short ones that just cover my bottom and form a bulge around my pubes , So, I am writing now to you dressed in white Winbeldon, tennis shorts I look forward to your comments, Thank you so much!
P.S, I just shaved my legs as I used to do before dessing in shorts in my college years. That took me two hours and a half, Feels like a baby popo.

@yvan125 I am also retired but our circumstances are and were different, In the junior college run by religious Catholic...

Well I have been retired for a couple of years and fortunately was able to retire early. So shorts all the time for me.

I am just going on a short or shorts holiday to a Seaside resort (Bexhill on Sea) so will be having a rest from the computer for a week. Taking a bottle of wine to share with my sister and will have a go at paddle boarding-That will be a laugh.

When I was a teenager it was the 1970's, so all my shorts were short. I wore denim shorts, even shortalls as well. As I wanted to wear shorts all the time at home, when going out for anything that required smarter attire I wore grey school shorts or corduroy shorts. This was fine for me.

@strictshorts When I was a teenager it was the 1970's, so all my shorts were short. I wore denim shorts, even shortalls as...

It's quite the same for me, My strict parents kept me in short pants up to my last year at the secondary school, But, when I started my undergraduate classes, I continued wearing some denim and corduroy short shorts, on my own initiative, when the weather allowed it. As I was used to wear short pants from my child hood, I found it more comfortable and more practical to wear shorts pants than longs in college. I really enjoyed looking younger than my age and showing off my comely, pasty and downy legs and thighs. Like you, I wanted to wear shorts at home all the time, I stopped wearing them when I moved out. Tell me, until when did you wear your favorite shorts? And were your parents were to discipline you( slapping the back of your legs, strapping and caning harder than when you were in shorts pants?¨Thank you so much !

@yvan125 It's quite the same for me, My strict parents kept me in short pants up to my last year at the secondary school...

I must add a precision, When I entered the college at 19 I was looking for the shortest shorts that you could find on the market. They were jeans short shorts with cuffs which covered hardly my bum, There was a craze at that time amongst young people to wear these scanty shorts and I was following the wave. My parents didn't agree and as they could not change my mind , they reverted to their old habits of punishing me like they did
when I was 15-16 years old, but to no avail, They were so angry when I sit on the ground or an armchair with my I legs crossed and stretched. Then, I usually received four or five slaps of the leather strap on the back of my upper legs. When I was infuriating them too much I was due to a sound bare- bottom spanking! But the bulge around my pubes was so magnificent!

Well unfortunately I could not wear shorts to school. It was not part of the school uniform. Though I wanted to. It was made up for by wearing them at home. I had another period of wearing shorts nearly all the time when I was a mature student in my thirties (I am a scientist). Now retired I am once more in shorts all the time. I wear shorts of all lengths from very short about a one inch inseam to cargo shorts just off my knees.

I guess I was lucky in that I looked OK in shorts indeed still do. I have had many pairs of favourite shorts so would not want to highlight particular examples. I currently wear some brief chino shorts from ASOS actually male short shorts, really comfortable neat but not excessively tight. But have had many favourites in the past such as denim short shorts and even some school grey shorts and denim shortalls.

I was never forced to wear shorts, indeed my mother bought me a pair of jeans which I never wore.

I was never strapped or caned or any such thing which may be disappointing to some on this forum-I did get my legs slapped on rare occasions-thoroughly deserved. The only issue I had was the comments from one or two dirty old men, but I survived that.

@strictshorts Well unfortunately I could not wear shorts to school. It was not part of the school uniform. Though I wanted to...

Thank you so much for your precisions, I am not disappointing at all to read that you were never strapped or caned and that you got your legs slapped on rare occasions. Good for you! I persist in believing that corporal punishments were and are still a perversion of the moral education, You were indeed well educated without corporal punishments, However, I don't regret , I wore short trousers longer than other classmates at school They are still comfortable and practical in my retirement days, I sometimes got smirks and heard dirty comments when in my twenties, I was wearing my favorite corduroy short shorts. But as you say, I survived!

Short enough that their junk hangs out.

@VicZinc Short enough that their junk hangs out.

It happened sometimes that I got this lustful idea to show off my junk especially when I was wearing my very scanty summer shorts.

Boys should not have to wear short trousers up to the age of 18.

@marinmcwalters Boys should not have to wear short trousers up to the age of 18.

My shorts were very shorts like those worn by boys at the end of the 50's, I think that the length of my short trousers didn't matter to my parents and me. I know that mommy prefered short trousers at mid-thigh or higher because she told me once that I have well shaped, smoothy legs and so I had to show them up, I came to be of the same mind as her.

@I was the same loved to show off my bare legs in schoool grey shorts very short

My parents wanted to keep me in short trousers longer than the other classmates in order to pull up the legs of my shorts and to slap more thoroughly the back of my thighs standing up on a chair when I was acting up. As I was still financially dependent of them after 18, I had to put up with that childish discipline,

I too, you are not the only one I had to show off my bare legs at school and at home up to the last year of my secondary course. I came to love so much to exhibit my bare legs that as a college student I occasionally , I decided on my own ,to wear short trousers to my parents' wonderment.

@marinmcwalters My shorts in the 60s were fairly brief too, as was the fashion at the time. Thanks.

The same to me, But while it was in for boys or young men to wear short shorts or « hot shorts» my parents deemed that this trend wasn't a good look on me . I had to move out to be able to wear freely and confortably these« hot shorts».

Now I agree with you. Boys have not to wear short trousers as a school uniform up to 18 years but at least up to 15 years. I was made to wear short trousers at 18 years old because I was still a minor and my parents wanted me to stay at home the evenings always focused on my school work. I suspect also that I was already dressed for a summary punishment of the legs and thighs when I was acting up.

18 yr old shorts are outta style

@18 yr old shorts are outta style

Well, I agree with you but it was more than 40 years ago. But what do you think about some 18,19 or 20 years old school students still wearing short trousers in New-Zealand, Australia, South-Africa and French Overseas Territories. Are they outta style?

@Don't go ruinin' my joke (insert pissed off emoji here)

I don't understand what you mean, sorry!

@yvan125 I don't understand what you mean, sorry!

Your post is about the age of the boy not the shorts
Since I'm explaining this little joke of mine it means it was no good cry smilie

I wore longish and shortish shorts until I was 16, my sons until 14. Grandson still wears them at 12 although he complains. He has learned now that he will remain in shorts until he conforms. I had to wear shorts as a punishment after 16 to remind me of my minor status. My elder son was put back into shorts at 16 as a punishment, just as his younger br
other had gone into long trousers. After 6 weeks, his behaviour changed for the better.

@I wore longish and shortish shorts until I was 16, my sons until 14. Grandson still wears them at 12 although he...

I thought you were well advised to take action in both cases. I was raised almost the same way as your elder son and I had to comply with my parents'requirements to wear short pants till the end of my secondary studies at 18 years old. It always reminded me of my minor status and any misdemeanor was punished by a slapping of the thighs or by a sound bare bottom spanking for more serious offences. As for your your grandson, you adopted the right attitude. Personally, at 12, there was no point to complain about wearing short trousers at home or at school. There was something very special with me. After being required by my parents to wear short trousers up to 18 years, I decided by myself to put them back occasionally( when the weather allowed it)short trousers during my two first years of college, They were what we called mid-thigh shorts like those in the 60's . However, I had to be cautious and keep a low profile because I was still living at home, from my father's dimes and could be still liable to corporal punishments of a kind if unfortunately I misbehaved, Do you think that your elder son felt humiliated being put back in shorts while his 14 years old bro had already gone into long trousers?Was the determining factor in his behavior change for the better? Thank you so much for your reply.

@yvan125 I thought you were well advised to take action in both cases. I was raised almost the same way as your elder son...

I don't agree with using short pants as a disciplinary practice and a method of punishment.
How can it be fair when we wore short pants as a customary practice when other boys wore them as a punishment?

@I don't agree with using short pants as a disciplinary practice and a method of punishment. How can it be fair when...

I don't know how to answer this opinion. It seems to me a sophistic argument where fairness is not involved at all, You have to distinguish between a customary practice and a disciplinary measure, You have to understand that there are several motives for acting which can be all the more legitimate one another. I was kept in short trousers up to the end of my secondary classes as a customary practice but at college when my behavior became deviant, my parents deemed it fair to punish me by putting me back in short trousers every night or week-end, Some of my buddies were also in shorts for other motives than mine. Do you think that fairness was involved in that situation?

@yvan125 I don't know how to answer this opinion. It seems to me a sophistic argument where fairness is not involved at...

No I don't think fairness was involved in that situation,I believe that the wearing of short pants should be up to the choice of the boy.Why didn't your refuse tow ear the shorts that your parents imposed on you?

@No I don't think fairness was involved in that situation,I believe that the wearing of short pants should be up to...

Thank you so much for your comments , I was raised in a very strict and catholic family more than fifty years ago and my parents had a total control on the clothes that I was wearing all along my secondary course at about 18 years old. It was unthinkable at that time to refuse to wear the shorts that my mum had chosen for me. all the more as a punishment. In consequence of this refusal I could have been severely punished probably by a dire bare bottom spanking like a yong kid on his father's lap or by a painful slapping of the front and back thighs. which I often got for disobedience and indiscipline.

@yvan125 Thank you so much for your comments , I was raised in a very strict and catholic family more than fifty years ago...

Thank you for comments,may I ask why you didn't like wearing the shorts that your mother had chosen for you? Were you actually made to wear them as a punishment or were you made to wear them for our mother's pleasure and delight?

Thank you for your comments,may I ask why you didn't like wearing the shorts that your mother had chosen for you? My mother also had total control of my clothes and frequently made me wear some shiny satin shorts that I hated.

@Thank you for your comments,may I ask why you didn't like wearing the shorts that your mother had chosen for you?...

You have misunderstood my reply, In my first year of college,I was still living at home dependent of my parents, I started being unruly and undisciplined My parents then decided to put me back in shorts trousers the nights and the week-ends to prevent me from going to the pub with my buddies,I had to wear my old denim or corduroy short shorts as a punishment for my misbehavior, I had to comply because, even close to my twenties I could have been spanked like a 10 years old brat by dad. I knew by experience that a good bare bottom spanking at 20 hurts as much at 10 or 11 years and it's more humiliating and shameful. I would have been furious at having made this mistake. Along the 60's , I was keen on wearing hot shorts in denim or corduroy with a bulge around the pubes and my dad and mom didn't no bones about threatening me with a good spanking ora slapping of the legs if by chance I wandered from the straight and the narrow. It made shudder. I was in my twenties! I enjoyed as a college student wearing these cute snug little shorts so much exposed bare leg. Now a cruel spanker like dad and mom might be tempted to turn them red and make me cry all my soul out.

@yvan125 You have misunderstood my reply, In my first year of college,I was still living at home dependent of my parents, I...

I'm sorry I misunderstood your reply,I think that you make all the necessary points that we both accept,mainly the fact that your parents put you back into short trousers as a means of control as well as a punishment. I expect that you would inherit your parents' fixation with wearing short pants as you chose to wear them on your on accord.
After I left school I considered it quite normal to wear shorts,which was ironic as I detested wearing them for school and at home.The fact that your parents didn't consider you too old for a spanking or a slapping on your bare legs must have been blatantly obvious that you had been punished for your unruly and undisciplined behaviour.
I await your reply,Thanks!

@I'm sorry I misunderstood your reply,I think that you make all the necessary points that we both accept,mainly the...

Thank you so much for your speedy and kind reply. Now, I am sure that you understand that my parents made me to wear short trousers as a means of control as well as a punishment. It's curious to know that when you left school you considered it quite normal to wear shorts. Tell me how old were you and in which post secondary institution were you enrolled. Personally, I didn't hate wearing short trousers in my last years of high school although it made me look somewhat ridiculous in the eyes of many people. That's why in college I chose on my own to commute from home to college in hot pants when the weather naturally allowed it. Did you were hot pants which were trendy in the 60's and 70's? During my college years, I was put back in short trousers for a stint and bare bottom spanked for indiscipline,disobedience and disrespect to my parents ans siblings My dad used to say that a child is never too old to get a sound trashing and always on a bare bottom.

@yvan125 Thank you so much for your speedy and kind reply. Now, I am sure that you understand that my parents made me to...

As you can see we have something in common: we went on with wearing short pants after our school days. How your parents reacted when they saw you still in short pants in college or after work? Were your parents were control freaks like mine or were they tempted to slap your bare legs or soundly spank you when you broke the home laws , according to the maxim« My home, my law» . How could you say:« I expect that you will inherit your parents' fixation about wearing short pants ... I have to tell you that I have inherited that fixation and short pants have become a fetish object to me. We can discuss that longer in the Messagerie, Cheeers . So far!

I was 16 when I attended further education and still in short pants.At home it was considered normal practice to wear short pants all the time and gradually I became accustomed to what I considered to be an absurd fashion,Yes,I went on to wear hot pants when they came into fashion and they were chosen by my mother and tried on in the shop before they were purchased by my mother. I do believe my parents were control freaks and like yourself often received slaps on my legs and bottom. Like yourself,I was made to to keep my legs shaved and smooth and when wearing hot pants gave a very girlish appearance.
I await your reply.Thanks!

@I was 16 when I attended further education and still in short pants.At home it was considered normal practice to...

Dear Anonymous, I would like to know more about you. Which kind of course did you take after 16 years old still in short pants? As you have read it, it was a common practice to wear short pants up to the end of the secondary school. It was understood that if you repeated one year you could graduate in short pants at 19 or 20 years old. Although I considered this domestic policy as illogical and even absurd , I just couldn't wait to put back at college the short pants oh my high school days. I was already in college when hot pants became trendy. Far from being chosen by mum and being tried on in the shop for the alterations, my first hot pants were bought at Woolco from my first pay as a clerk in a wholesale dry goods store during my summer holidays. I have always thought that my parents were not infatuated with this fashion because they found that trend indecent and too provocative. I enjoyed from my part strutting around my comely and smooth legs for any onlooker to glance to. A last question: when your parents stopped slapping of your thighs and spanking your bottom! Cheers, So far

@yvan125 Dear Anonymous, I would like to know more about you. Which kind of course did you take after 16 years old still...

Thank you for your reply,please feel free to ask as many questions as you like.
I studied sociology and English literature.When I left college I got a job at a large sports goods retailer,where the staff wore a uniform including short pants.
Did your mother continue with your hair removal treatment or did you find after a while your legs and thighs remained smooth?
I frequently had my thighs smacked into my mid teens,as wearing short pants facilitated this kind of punishment,but I accepted my bottom being spanked with great indignity as I considered that I was too old to receive a spanking on my bare bottom.
I look forward to your reply!

@Thank you for your reply,please feel free to ask as many questions as you like. I studied sociology and English...

Dear Anonymous, thank you so much for your kind reply. You have well understood that this custom of wearing short trousers all the way up to the end of the secondary course was particular to my family and my two young brothers were also subjected to it. I am willing to discuss with you about it as well as about the wearing of short pants in l ate teen age and corporal punishments but not in this blog but in private messages. You have only to go to Amirite private messages and initiate a new dialogue with me under my pseudo yvan125. You understand that it sucks to have been spanked up to my early twenties by mum and dad and there are circumstances and the consequences of them that I feel very uncomfortable to reveal to the public even under the guise of a pseudo,
I am happy to know that you worked at a sport good retailer in short pants. A young adult can still look very smart in cosy, thight-fitting short pants, if he has well shaped and toned legs Why didn't you find a job in sociology or in English Language Do you hold a a degree in the either your majors? Did you drop out on the way
My mum, a couple of times learned me how to apply Neet for Men in the bathroom and once naked in font of her I ejaculated in the water. I remember that she told me unconcerned:« I don't mind. it is only the juice of a young boy» Aftewards I tried , by myself, to apply diverse products from using women razor, to body wax strips and even to sugaring . After three or four years with electrolysis, my thighs and legs became as creamy and smooth as those of a woman.
I have to reckon that into my mid teens I didn't care much about being smacked and even bare bottom spanked perhaps because it happened so often but like you, at 17,18 even at 20, I had to accept some bare bottom spankings with great indignity , debasement and shame because it was obviously a serious violation of my privacy, I was decidedly too old to receive a spanking on my bare bottom. However, I would have accepted, although reluctantly and in great distress, to get the strap on my both hands as it was administer in my ju nior college. At least, I had not to display my little dick and my creamy and hairless butt. Cheers.

@I'm sorry, but I can't connect to Amirite private messages.

It was for the future posts, Could you answer as usual to the present message, You have to be registered at Amirite with a pseudo to have access to the private message, Thank you so much. So long, Cheers!

@yvan125 Dear Anonymous, thank you so much for your kind reply. You have well understood that this custom of wearing...

Thank you for your reply,it must of added to your humiliation to be dressed in short pants the same as your younger brothers.Were you dressed identically?
As I said I dropped out of college because I failed my exams,but one of my mother's friends fortunately recommended me to work at the sport outfitters.
Did your mother coerce you into keeping your legs shaved and or or did you do it by your own choice? Weren't you embarrassed standing naked while your mother attended to removing your hair from your legs and thighs?
I await your reply ,Thanks!

@Thank you for your reply,it must of added to your humiliation to be dressed in short pants the same as your younger...

No. I didn't feel humiliated at all because my younger bros 15 and 12 years old were also in short pants, I felt humiliated when I was confined to the boys'bedroom in underwear for a stint as a punishment. I had to take the family meals in my B,V.D. and sometimes to stand in a corner of the recreation room so scantily dressed . That punishment was more debasing or humiliating than still wearing short pants at 17 years old.
How reacted your parents when you dropped out of college because you failed your exams? My parents would never have allowed that. Mum leaned me how to shave my legs properly in two sessions but afterwards I did it by myself. Yes, I was embarrassed as you can see by my natural reaction, however more startled than shameful. I was not sexually mature enough as to understand the seriousness of the situation,,I have to reckon that I was stunted or retarded from that point of view. I was still at the level of the merging love with mummy, Thank you .Cheers. So long!

Thank you so much for your direct and pertinent questions, I would overlooked some details that can be considered today improper or even lewd. At that time, I was 17 years , I had two younger brothers,15 or 13 years old, The younger Cédric (we are of French descent) was studying in a boarding-school not far from our town, He was not at home at that time. As you can suppose it, we, boys were all dressed in short pants, Mum, a very good seamstress bought these shorts in bulk and altered and adjusted them to our our height and waist. The clean and cosy shorts had to be worn mid-thigh or higher. I usually handed down my old shorts on to my two brothers when they could still be used. Happily, we were not dressed identically. I can tell you sincerely that I wasn't humiliated at all to be dressed in short pants like my bros, We were getting along very well together. But I was deeply humiliated when at college age , I was deprived from going out the nights and the week-ends and coerced into detention in the boy bedroom, in underwear or a liquette ( a kind of one piece pyjama going down up to under the knees). It was really debasing and shameful when I have to have my meals at the family table in these skivvies and put in the corner a couple of hours in the recreation room.
Dear Anonymous, it would have been unthinkable even impossible to me to drop out of college or fail an exam,I would have been blasted , spanked and confined into my bedroom all the summer in short pants.... to revise my subjects, However I did well at the university holding a PhD, in Linguistics , a M.A in Classics, and four B,A, with Honors. I have moreover the command of three Modern Language and three Ancient Languages. I became a teacher at the Secondary Level and Professor of Latin, Classical Greek and Biblical Hebrew, Anonymous, are you still working at the sport outfitters. How old are you? Did you get married? Do you enjoy your trade. Do you think improving your situation?
No, I don't remember my mum coercing me into keeping my legs shaved. Truly, at 17 years old and being blonde, I was not very much hairy on my thighs and legs. After two or four sessions with mum I could take care of this job by myself and curiously I didn't find abnormal for boy to care about his legs ,thighs , chest and armpits like a young girl usually does it! More often, I remember saying to me:« Pull up your socks, clean and and scrub your legs and thighs etc. » Even at that age, she was still checking the tidiness of my underwear and the collar of my white shirt. She was also careful to randomly check if I had put off my underwear under the liquette before going to bed, If not, beware! I could deserve a good slapping of my naked red fanny in front of my bros. Dad used to do the same but with a larger and stronger hand.
As it was implied in the previous message, I was really embarrassed standing bucked naked in front of mum and I remember having blushed to the ears not because I was completely exposed , but because I had an orgasm and I threw such a load of semen. It startled me out of my wits. I didn't believe that it could happen so quickly and so easily, In my mind, despite my 17 years old, I was still a ridiculous little boy in short pants at odds with himself and unwilling to grow, despite his great potential

@yvan125 Thank you so much for your direct and pertinent questions, I would overlooked some details that can be considered...

Thank you for your reply, I too was under strict control from my parents,particularly my mother and even at 17 I was constantly being instructed what to do and how I must do it.Rules were imposed upon me at every turn.Even the way I dressed at home was strictly governed and the wearing of my short pants which my mother chose were more like a uniform.
I didn't go on to further education and stayed with my job at the sports retailer.
The disadvantage of wearing shorts for work meant that I had to maintain that my legs were shaved smooth.

Thank you for your kind reply, I did drop out of college because I failed to pass the necessary exams.I was fortunate that I was able to get a job in sports retail at the time, as one of my mum's friends recommend me.
The wearing of short trousers was also particular to my family and after the initial resentment in being kept in short pants I became accustomed to the situation and developed a pride in my smart appearance and the hardiness in having bare knees all the year round.
I would agree that it would be a prerequisite for wearing short pants to have smooth and hair free legs,particularly as we grew older.
I await your reply,Thanks!

I was made to wear short trousers at school up to 18 years old and chose to wear them at the university when the weather allowed it. It was more practical and more comfortable as I was commuting by bike.

There is no question of dictatorship but of and cute look and distinction. There is also no better way to make a young lad aware of his condition, obedient and well-mannered.

In New-Zealand, Australia and South-Africa, students must mandatory wear short trousers up to FormV and by choice in FormV1. They are mostly 17-18 years old. They are living, me think, in democratic countries

At first I was taking your opinions seriously. Now I see you're not speaking in the moral "should," you're speaking in the sexual "should."

Allow me to explain. There are various kinds of "should." For example, should you take a bath every day? That depends on what kind of "should" is in place. I don't see any ethical reason why you should. I don't see any economical reason why you should; in fact, it ups your water bill. But I do see a pragmatical reason: namely, it's good for your health, grooming, and peace of mind. So it's safe to assume that anyone who says you "should" take a bath every day is speaking with the pragmatical "should," as opposed to the economical or ethical.

Now consider yvan125's recent opinions. When this fellow says that boys of a certain age "should" do something, he clearly means not that it would ethically behoove them to do it, but that it would turn him on.

@GiantAngryBoar At first I was taking your opinions seriously. Now I see you're not speaking in the moral "should," you're speaking...

When walking at a fair or carnival I can often detect the location of the cart that purveys bags-of-nuts. Although enticing, I know that as a value proposition of which I should not partake.

The term: turn him on, although right seems too strong in my case. I like the look of some older teens in shorts because they have long and comely legs but they don't arouse me. There are other reasons why I advocate the wearing of short trousers for teens: esthetic, healthy and disciplinary reasons for the most part.

@yvan125 The term: turn him on, although right seems too strong in my case. I like the look of some older teens in shorts...

What's healthy and disciplinary about it? Besides the discipline it takes to follow any placed rule.

I don't believe in making teenage boys wear short trousers. Even when short trousers were at their most popular in the 1940s and 50s, most boys were into long trousers by 14 or 15, the latest. I wore short trousers until I left primary school in the late 60s, which was quite at the time. Nowadays, boys of all ages wear long trousers, especially in winter.

@I had my first pair of long trousers on my 17th birthday in 1953

Thanks for the message. I suppose some parents kept their sons in short trousers until 16 or 17 in the 40s and 50s. By the 60s and 70s boys started wearing long trousers at an increasingly younger age. I wore short trousers until I left primary school in 1968, which was pretty normal at the time. Some boys switched to long trousers a year or two earlier. Conversely, a few started secondary school in short trousers, though this became very uncommon in the early 70s. Anyway, I'd say it would be unthinkable these days! Once again, thanks for your comment.

i wore short trousers at school till13yo which was considered quite old in the early 70s but can't imagine it being practical for 18yos

@edmundbuttons i wore short trousers at school till13yo which was considered quite old in the early 70s but can't imagine it being...

When I was undergraduate, it was very practical to commute by bike from home to college and it was also confortable and practical to do work and some research at the college library.

Why not, everybody today, whatever his age, is wearing shorts during the summer. At 18, I was still a minor living at home and submitted to parental authority.

It was mainly at my the parents' discretion when at what age I wore short trousers.
I went through secondary school wearing shorts and I found it most difficult to be subjected to that humiliation.
Short shorts

Yvan125 when did you grow hair on your legs and when did you grow hair on your thighs?

@Yvan125 when did you grow hair on your legs and when did you grow hair on your thighs?

It happened as a surprise one morning at about 18 years old when looking at my thighs and legs I realized that I caught for good hair on them. Till then, I got only down and my legs were pasty and smooth. However, I had already got hair on my chest and around my pubes. I s tarted shaving once a week at 17 years and a half.

I got long trousers at 14 and hated them. That was back in 1961 and there was a 15 year old at our school still in shorts and I envied him.

@I got long trousers at 14 and hated them. That was back in 1961 and there was a 15 year old at our school still in...

What would you say? I was still in school short pants at 18 and didn't mind at all. It was at the end of of the 50's.

@yvan125 What would you say? I was still in school short pants at 18 and didn't mind at all. It was at the end of of the 50's.

I would say that boys ,like myself were extremely self-conscious about wearing short pants over a certain age,when most boys were promoted to long trousers.
Wearing shorts,going through teenage years is particularly difficult and drew many adverse comments.
Teachers at my school, that I attended always tried to stamp this teasing out,but it always went on and I was always the subject of ridicule.

@I would say that boys ,like myself were extremely self-conscious about wearing short pants over a certain age,when...

Well, I was perhaps as self-conscious as you about wearing short pants in my late teens but I was still aware that I wasn't yet an adult and that I had to obey my parents ,They had decided that I would wear neat short trousers till the end of my secondary course, As a matter of fact,I switched to long trousers in my final year of school. Indeed, even at that era, I had to put up with scoffing and scornful remarks, As I was attending a private junior college I wasn't the only one student in short trousers I wasn't openly the subject of teasing or ridicule. Later,in college,I could occasionally wear my denim and corduroy short shorts without any problem, It was very comfortable and practical to commute from home to college and roaming about the shelves in the university library. I remember, I had pasty, almost hairless and smooth legs and thighs that many college boys were envying. However, at home I had to watch my step because I was still liable to corporal punishments.

@yvan125 Well, I was perhaps as self-conscious as you about wearing short pants in my late teens but I was still aware...

I think we have a lot in common with the fact that our parents kept us in short pants through secondary school.You must have looked very smart in your corduroy short shorts,as I had a pair in velvet .How did you manage to keep your legs and thighs hairless and smooth? What form of corporal punishments did you receive from your parents?

@I think we have a lot in common with the fact that our parents kept us in short pants through secondary school.You...

Thank you so much for your speedy and kindly reply. I got some shorts in velvet too for the Sunday Mass. I was an altar boy and the parish priest found that I looked very smart in my neat and well creased shorts, When I started growing hair on my thighs and legs my mum used to put a hair remover Neet for men on my legs and thighs, then she has me use some body wax strips with azulene oil to remove any wax residue and leave skin smooth for weeks. For minor offences, I received most of the time, a good slapping of the rear of the thighs with the hand or the strap : Dad or mum had me standing up on a chair and pulling up the legs of my shorts they started to mete me out five or six strokes of the strope on the rear of each thigh, For more serious offenses, I was dealt with by Dad in my bedroom, my torso on bent on the top of my desk, shirt removed and short and underwear lowered to my ankles. Generally I was receiving ten to fifteen strokes of the paddle or the on my pasty and smooth bare bottom and often on the height of both of my thighs. I received also occasionally the strap in each hand against the wall,

@yvan125 Thank you so much for your speedy and kindly reply. I got some shorts in velvet too for the Sunday Mass. I was...

Thank you for your reply,it seems you had a strict upbringing very similar to my own.
Didn't you try and rebel against your parents'requirements for you to wear short pants as you got older? It must have been horrific to have had the hair removal treatment as it always used to burn after it had been on a while when I had a similar treatment.
It was quite unusual to see boys in short pants at our age particularly with smooth,pasty legs.

@Thank you for your reply,it seems you had a strict upbringing very similar to my own. Didn't you try and rebel...

Thank you so much dear anonymous for your sagacious comments. I was what you can call a pampered child and when I was straying out the way I was severely punished, As I was always focused on my studies and I wanted to go as far as I could in my education, I never tried to rebel against my parents' requirements to wear short pants after 16. The hair removal treatment was not so horrific as you think : there was some redness or rash after the removal, some stinging and a real pain when I had to pull out the waxed stripes from the skin .As a blonde guy, I didn't have a lot of thick and coarse hair on my thighs and legs at 18 years old. I felt the burning or the stinging of my skin for a stint when as college student I decided to shave my legs like my arms, my chest and seldom my pubes. Indeed, it was unusual to see some 18 and above boys in short pants but I was of small stature and looked four or five years younger than my age and perhaps younger with pasty and smooth legs. I couldn't care less about it because mom and the altar women at the church found that I was lovely in my short pants. In fact, I looked so girlish or so little child as mom used to make me wear the shortest short pants on the market When she tought they were too long she shortened the legs. I appreciate greatly your comments.Thanks!

@yvan125 Thank you so much dear anonymous for your sagacious comments. I was what you can call a pampered child and...

Thank you for your reply,probably it was your mother's perverse intention to make you look"girlish or so little child"especially as you had to wear the shortest short pants.
When hot pants became popular in the sixties we could easily be mistaken for girls,especially with smooth,pasty legs and of course , as as your mother received many compliments as the way you were dressed it would encourage her to keep you in short pants.When I requested to be allowed to wear long trousers the request was declined and I was told that"I had comely legs and it would be a pity to cover them up with long trousers". I also appreciate your comments.Thanks

@Thank you for your reply,probably it was your mother's perverse intention to make you look"girlish or so little...

Right on dear anonymous, I can't say accurately if my mother's intentions were perverse but I heard her many often saying that it is easier to bring up a teenager in short trousers. He was supposed to be more obedient, more polite and more respectful of his parents in short pants. My mum used to say that I risked to become and adult too early. These reasons were poor or lame excuses to keep me under control and prevent me from going out with my buddies. late in the night. I am inclined to think that my parents wanted rather to remind me of my minor status and to have me focus exclusively on my studies. I can assert today that my parents had a real fixation about short pants. I have a class photo of my dad in which he appeared int he front row close to the teacher as one of two boys still in short trousers in 1ère ( Form V in UK and Grade XII in U.S) He was 16 or 17 maybe 18 at that time. Both my parents seemed to get a perverse kick from slapping the back of my thighs and calves. My mum once used a flyswatter to roast the front and the back of my thighs. I was 17 years old. From his side, Dad was very often threatening me, even in my twenties, with a sound bare bottom spanking. I find , Anonymous , astonishing that you are quoting the exact words(verbatim) of mum: «You have comely legs and it would be a pity to cover them up with long trousers» and my mum added with nostalgia « too quickly you will become an adult». However, I have not yet understood why my parents , so religious, so prude, were closing the eyes to my dressing in so scanty short shorts in my late teens? It was so blatantly sexual I was so happy when that fashion of hot pants became popular. I reckon that I was fond of wearing these hot shorts with many other guys, Some of them were going commando and when they were spreading their legs , we could see their dick hanging around! However, I felt very vulnerable at home in them. because my parents could have an easier access to my my thighs and slap them eagerly, which they made no bones about doing it! I had to admit that at the end of my secondary studies I was not sexually mature and found, for example, all too normal to wank and ,when caught, to be severely trashed by mum or dad. At my junior college, in the last years I started being undisciplined, unruly, I got detentions, lines, suspensions,and finally got the strap on both hands by the Master of Discipline which I was secretly or subconsciously longing for. Thank you so much for your comments or remarks.We are undoubtedly on the same wave length.

@yvan125 Right on dear anonymous, I can't say accurately if my mother's intentions were perverse but I heard her many...

When I failed my 11 plus and attended a Secondary School,the uniform requirements stated that boys could wear long grey trousers or shorts.Although my mother was disappointed that I failed my 11 plus,she was elated,as now I could remain in short pants till I left school.I agree with your comments about the reasons your mother made your wear shorts as they were were similar to my mothers,but I just think that boys grow out short pants as they grow older,but my mother kept me in short pants till I left school.
I'm sure that some parents take great delight in making their sons wear abbreviated short pants and the look can go from hilarious to looking very smart.
I would say that we were vulnerable wearing short pants as I also received summary punishment with a sharp smack on my legs when I misbehaved.
Thank you for your comments.

Dear Anonymous could you tell me the reasons they gave you when you requested to be allowed to wear long pants? How old were you at that time? How did you react to that rebuff? Thank you so much for your reply

@yvan125 Dear Anonymous could you tell me the reasons they gave you when you requested to be allowed to wear long pants?...

Thanks you for your reply,It's very good to be able to write to you about such an emotive subject.I suppose the real reason that was given to me was that I was not old enough to wear long pants,although I was 13 at the time.As you can imagine I was very upset and my parents didn't take kindly to my request.The subject had been approached many times and each time my request was met with refusal.At the school that I attended the wearing of short pants was met with approval and the teachers didn't differentiate on the length of the shorts that some boys wore.It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't had to wear short pants for school,as I was left wide open to ridicule.
I look forward to our reply.Thanks!

@Thanks you for your reply,It's very good to be able to write to you about such an emotive subject.I suppose the...

Dear Anonymous, thank you so much for your speedy and kindly reply. I thought that you were older when you made this legitimate request to your parents. At 13, I would not have dared to make such a request. In my country, boys in general were allowed to switch to long trousers at 16 or 17 years old. I also notice that your parents have not given any reason for their refusal Why? Could you suppose any possible reason? I am so eager for comparing my note with yours. Did you receive my previous message in which I answered to your tactful and kind comments? I would like so much that you gave me your opinion about some important matters of this message, for example, my tardiness in growing up, my psychological and sexual immaturity, my rowdiness till the end of my secondary class and finally this secret wish of being trashed by the Prefect of Discipline at the religious junior college I was enrolled in. This message begins by «Right on,dear Anonymous,.. Cheers, So long!

@yvan125 Dear Anonymous, thank you so much for your speedy and kindly reply. I thought that you were older when you made...

Sorry, dear Anonymous, I read too quickly your message. In fact, they gave you the unique reason that you were not old enough to wear long pants. My parents at 16 believed that I was not mature enough to switch to long pants. In both cases it was a pretext in my opinion to keep us strictly under their control and ready available for a summary punishment on the thighs and calves, I feel sorry for you for the smirking smiles, the constant mockery and the ridicule that you have suffered from the other students,

@yvan125 Sorry, dear Anonymous, I read too quickly your message. In fact, they gave you the unique reason that you were...

Thank you for your kind words and sympathy,I'm sure most parents would believe that most 16 year old boys would be old enough to wear long pants. I agree that the reasons,as you pointed out would be "to keep us under their strict control"and of course to administer a sharp smacking on our bare legs.

Thank you for your reply, I never really accepted their reason that I was not old enough to wear long pants,I desperately wanted to wear long trousers and be like other boys at my school.Of course their were many benefits to keeping us dressed in short pants as you have pointed out in your previous messages,not least of all to keep us under strict control and have our bare legs readily available for summary punishment.
I had to accept this travesty as I had no alternative.
How did you express your opinions to your parents and what kind of shorts did you wear?

@Thank you for your reply, I never really accepted their reason that I was not old enough to wear long pants,I...

Could you imagine that I never broached seriously this subject with my parents and even say a single word about the kind of shorts which I enjoyed wearing, I tried at 17 but was rebuked and told to mind my own business. I had to wear not too expensive shorts which mum bought and altered herself. I wore most of time some corduroy shorts of various colors. My preferred colors were navy blue and and red, I wore also denim and broadcloth shorts, I reckon that I would have liked discussing with my parents about that topic and others. I wasn't mature enough.

Thank you for your reply and sympathy,I think it was considerably more difficult to wear short pants as I got older and I had a sudden growth spurt,I thought I looked ridiculous in my brief shorts.I totally agree that there were probably alternate reasons why we had to wear short pants while other boys were allowed to wear long trousers.Probably our mothers liked to dress us in a very juvenile fashion simply to impress her friends.
Of course my wardrobe wasn't restricted to to just my school shorts,but my mother had a preference for dressing me in satin and velvet shorts.I was never allowed to wear denim shorts,although I would have preferred to wear them.

@Thank you for your reply and sympathy,I think it was considerably more difficult to wear short pants as I got older...

I understand what you mean but I can tell you that I never experienced a sudden growth spurt but a slow and imperceptible growth even in the last years of high school. I was of little stature, and looked childish with a late growth of a beard at18 and some thin hair on my chest and pasty and smooth legs and thighs. As I pointed out to you, there were other aesthetic and moral reasons for example, a boy or a teen bare-legged is likely to be tidier and more groomed than a teen in longs. It seems also that a boy or a teen in short pants looks smarter and is in general more appearance and clothes- conscious not to mention that he is considered as more polite, obedient and respectful of his parents and of his teachers. You're right when, you write that our mothers liked to dress us in a juvenile fashion to impress the others mothers. «Look how well-raised or well-groomed is my boy.» Some narcissist parents enjoy being reflected in their children. I don't remember being dressed in satin or velvet shorts. I was generally wearing denim or corduroy short shorts. In my varsity years , you would not have recognized the junior student I was , polite obedient, respectful and especially as clean as a new pin, I became overnight almost a rebel without a cause.

Thank you for your reply,in my country it would be considered normal 'at the rite of passage'usually at the age of 13 to be promoted to long trousers. I suppose the reasons would be the same as the ones you listed in your message,but as you say if they had a strong fixation with short pants my fate was sealed and I had no alternative but to comply with their wishes.I received your message and read it with interest and many of your points applied to myself. Going through adolescence is a particularly torrid time and most of those matters that you mentioned are experienced by most of us.Probably our tardiness in growing up would be far worse because we were both in short pants well into our teens.

I remember wearing good shorts that zipped up with pockets one time in 3rd grade. My teacher scolded and humiliated me telling me to never wear them to school again. This was in 1972 or 73. F you Mrs. Roberts.

@Cedardoor I remember wearing good shorts that zipped up with pockets one time in 3rd grade. My teacher scolded and humiliated...

This female teacher was really ignorant, My parents would have replied to your scolding and humiliation by writing to her or verbally telling her to mind her own business which is to teach conscientiously and with competence. Anyway, she wasn't at all entitled to have a say on this matter of clothes that the pupils were wearing. I submit that wearing nice colored shorts is very appropriate for a 9 years old young fellow.

i was in short trousers till I was13yo & always liked them, I was probably the only boy of my age who didn't want longs at the timehttp://data.amirite.net/user_images/586ff0dd24d69.jpg

Why all this fuss about short trousers, Today every body whatever his or her age is wearing shorts during the scorching days of summer.

@yvan125 Why all this fuss about short trousers, Today every body whatever his or her age is wearing shorts during the...

I found it difficult wearing short trousers all the time,especially as I went through a period of adolescence when most of my contemporaries were wearing long trousers.
My parents never considered age as a prerequisite for wearing long trousers,so I wore short trousers through my school years till I left.
The almost continual teasing at school was bad enough,but wearing brief short trousers on a cold winter's day made wish that I could wear long trousers.
The many reasons for boys wearing were short trousers were mainly healthful benefits,aesthetic reasons particularly putting the boy's smooth legs on display and summary punishment could be administered as and when necessary.

@I found it difficult wearing short trousers all the time,especially as I went through a period of adolescence when...

Dear anonymous, you listed all the reasons why my parents had made me wear short trousers all along my secondary school up to 18. In my case, my parents didn't want me to go out with girls on the evenings or w eekends, be part of delinquent street gangs and go in the pubs underage drinking. You do well when you insist on the aesthetic and disciplinary reasons.

@yvan125 Dear anonymous, you listed all the reasons why my parents had made me wear short trousers all along my...

I find it highly commendable that you complied with your parents'wishes and remained in short trousers till you were 18.I also wore short trousers at almost that age for school and I felt ashamed to be seen in public in my inordinately brief shorts.
I suppose I looked like the typical archetypal school boy wearing my blazer and short trousers and looked quite mature from the waist up,but looked childish and immature from the waist down.

@I find it highly commendable that you complied with your parents'wishes and remained in short trousers till you...

Thank you so muchfor your candid answer. Firstly, I never felt ashamed to be seen at school in my brief shorts except somewhat shy in the two last years when some junior students already in long pants were making fun of me. I didn't care a damn. Secondly, I don't think that it's degrading to obey his parents even in his late teens. Personally ,I never thought that I was immature and childish from waist down when I was wearing short trousers.

@yvan125 Thank you so muchfor your candid answer. Firstly, I never felt ashamed to be seen at school in my brief shorts...

Yes younger boys in long trousers constantly made fun of me In my grey school shorts very short as I got older ie 13 to 16. I had no long trousers for school or other times. They used to wrestle with me in school grassy playground and in local park and woods

My degree of maturity was not measured by the shortness of my trousers. I was a A student and enjoyed going bare-legged , the sun and the wind stroking my thighs and legs. I remember feeling very comfortable in short trousers whatever my age. I found that it was very practical to commute by bike from home to college and to do research in the university library.

Thank you for your reply,I did find it degrading to wear short trousers,which was at my parents'discretion, especially as I grew older and most of my friends wore long trousers.
I couldn't wait to get my first pair of long trousers which I got at 15