-34

Those of you who still cling to the 97% false scientific myth regarding man made global warming or climate change, might be interested to know there is no consensus and never has been. Amirite?

This is the most recent report that looks at all the other phony and doctored reports. It is extremely thorough AND scientific. If you will scroll to the end, you will see who makes up the Friends of Science group. When science critiques science, we all learn that science is full of error and is very capable of intentionally misleading the public.

http://www.friendsofscience.org/assets/documents/97_Consensus_Myth.pdf
freespeechfreelancers avatar Animals & Nature
1 30
The voters have decided that freespeechfreelancer is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I realized there was no BIG thing with global warming. But I still think people should make efforts to protect the earth.

You want me to read a 45 page pdf on amirite!? I come here to vent and choose between options, in the words of President Rainier Wolfcastle, "I was elected to lead, not to read." Except in this case I wasn't elected to lead.

@raintrail You want me to read a 45 page pdf on amirite!? I come here to vent and choose between options, in the words of...

I just threw it out there to show that even though Al Gore or President Obama are still trying to sell the 97% fabrication, there are genuine scientists who clearly do NOT buy in to the myth of global warming or man made climate change. By the way, just for fun, why aren't all the sex special interest groups challenging the media or government over/about the term "man made." Isn't that sexist in this day and age of everyone trying to be so politically correct and not wanting to "offend" someone?

@freespeechfreelancer I just threw it out there to show that even though Al Gore or President Obama are still trying to sell the 97%...

Yeah, you're right, global warming is a hoax so let's all go back to destroying the planet in the good ol' fashioned way.

@freespeechfreelancer We can't go back to doing something we have never been doing in the first place!

Seriously? After all the forests and species that we've cut down, you don't think we're destroying the planet?

@freespeechfreelancer The TOPIC is man made climate change.....not cutting down trees. Seriously?

You realize they're connected, right?

Humans cut down trees
Less trees are using up CO2
CO2 leads to destruction of ozone
Man-made climate change

Correct me if I'm wrong. Haven't taken biology in a year.

You know there were scientists way back when who fought over the idea that the world was flat. There were scientists way back when who fought over where or not AIDS was transmitted solely by gay people. The smartest minds used to fight over weather the atom was the smallest thing, until they spit it open, and a whole mess of smaller crap came out. While i agree with your premise that people should look inside their own brain for the truth, i submit to you that if all the stuff, we as people put out into the world, is killing us, i.e. cancer, emphysema, and the like, why wouldn't it be killing the world. The scientists that you choose to listen to, in my opinion, are the ones lying, for they are the ones who stand to gain financially. The reason, if they can prove global warming is a myth, then they get to keep making money off of destroying it. Granted the world would probably die, or at least change on it's own, without our help, but if you believe that all the toxins, and noxious chemicals that we spew into the world on a regular basis, are not causing damage, and accelerating the process, you are either blind, or you have something to gain by ignoring it. Just an opinion.

@jeffweiss7543 You know there were scientists way back when who fought over the idea that the world was flat. There were...

Fact: The 97% scientific consensus uses robust standards.

Myth: -- The consensus is useless past consensuses have been wrong.-- 6 smilie

Fallacy: Misrepresentation, comparing past consensus to modern day is like comparing incandescent light bulbs to cfl and led bulbs.

vegans avatar vegan No Way +1Reply

Highly doubtful we could ever destroy earth. We'd only kill ourselves and new species would take over.

@JohnJillky Highly doubtful we could ever destroy earth. We'd only kill ourselves and new species would take over.

Why is it so hard for people to believe that the earth won't last forever. Nothing physical lasts forever. the soul is the only eternal object. The truth is the earth used be bigger. Mars and the earth were one planet at one time, hit by an asteroid and separated into two. The belief that this earth is somehow indestructible is the reason behind the appalling way she is treated by us humans. If you treat the body like crap you feel pain and eventually death, why would that be any different for any other living thing, including the earth. Wake up people.

@jeffweiss7543 Why is it so hard for people to believe that the earth won't last forever. Nothing physical lasts forever. the...

I am obviously one of those nay sayers who does not believe in man made climate change or global warming. The earth was here before we arrived, and it will be here after we are gone. We had absolutely no hand in making it or putting it where it is. Why humans would somehow think or believe for one second that we can change nature or "save" the planet is quite astounding. We can't even solve basic breakdowns in our society, so saving a planet or altering weather patterns is surely a bit out of our league.
Here is a link to a scientific convention just held on Monday. Check out the speakers and agenda. There are still plenty of educated highly qualified people who have not bought in to the MYTH of man made tragedy to our earth.

http://climateconference.heartland.org/

An asteroid isn't man made though. I don't think the planet is invincible. I just don't think humans would be very capable of completely destroying it.

@JohnJillky An asteroid isn't man made though. I don't think the planet is invincible. I just don't think humans would be very...

Please don't take my sarcasm as an indication that i deny your intelligence, but come on man. One thing we humans excel at is destruction. Ask the people of Japan if they think that humans are incapable of major destruction. Look at rain the forest depletion over that past fifty years. Look at the smog that drowns out the sky over Los Angeles. Look at the fact that the extinction rate of animals on this planet over the last 100 years, is greater than anything the world has experienced for the past 65 million years. We have caused more species of life to be lost, than the extinction of the dinosaurs. This mass extinction is due, in large measure, to humankind's unsustainable methods of production and consumption, including the destruction of habitats, expanding cities, pollution, deforestation, global warming and the introduction of "invasive species". As i have said before, everyone is entitled to their opinion, mine happens to fall on the side of humans are, at the very least accelerating this planets demise.

WE THE people are not putting the stuff in our foods or atmosphere that is killing US. That is the scientific and governmental communities doing that! Are you really not aware of all the agencies that are created to supposedly "approve" everything as "safe" and to have our best interest at heart? There is not a food or drug on the market that was not first approved by the FDA. The EPA is supposed to be regulating and controlling what goes in our air and water. All the "experts" work for these organizations and get paid handsomely.
So you are asking me to believe and trust that they KNOW what the hell they are doing - and I don't.
And when do they ever get held accountable when a drug is discovered to be killing people or a food is found to have disease causing properties or tendencies? NONE of them are held accountable because THEY are the ones writing the rules and approving of themselves. We have absolutely NO say in the matter. That is why I speak out when and where I can. They can't stop me from talking or seeing through their hypocrisy and double standard. Quite honestly, I am surprised that anyone trusts any person in a position of safety or protection. We are being massively scammed and many just refuse to acknowledge or see it for what is really is.
Al Gore got rich off of his "going green" scam. Our governmental leaders have gotten filthy rich off of selling the "save the planet" campaign. How the hell do you claim that those opposing the whole notion are gaining? They are simply blowing the horn to try and wake people up who blindly follow the mainstream herds to the slaughter. Me personally, I have absolutely nothing to gain, other than the satisfaction of knowing that even though I am not a bona fide scientist, I can still compete intellectually and come as close to being right as they claim to be. That is priceless.
Also, just an opinion.

@freespeechfreelancer WE THE people are not putting the stuff in our foods or atmosphere that is killing US. That is the scientific and...

Whatever you think you know was told to you at one time or another in your life. You nor any of us, scientists included know for absolute sure how long the earth has been here, or how long it will last. We humans are , with all of our intelligence are only babies, as far as the cosmic timeline goes. And what we know for absolute certain is nothing. We have beliefs, we have ideas, we have convictions, we have our theories, all of which either coincide or conflict with those of our fellow man. And we all want to be right, about whatever it is we are passionate about, however, what the physical mind actually knows for certain, about anything, is minuscule compared to eons of time. Yes on some level you are right my friend, left to it's own devises, to follow the natural cycle, the earth would replenish itself for long after we were gone. But that is not what is happening here. We have not developed a natural equilibrium with our planet, we rape, and pillage it, for our own selfish desires. And doing it the way we are, it will get used up. Weather you believe that or not is up to you, but it will happen if we keep believing that we can't harm the planet. Or that the planet and we, as the ones living here on the planet, are separate entities. We are one, humans and the planet, one. By harming the planet we harm ourselves. Disagreement is you right, and personally i welcome it, it shows you are trying to think for yourself. I could be wrong, just you and all those you defend could be wrong. But one thing is certain, if you kill, then that physical life ends. If you take away the elements that make a physical life possible, than that life dies. And the planet gives us life, without all of it's elements working the way they were meant to, we will die. Weather or not the earth itself can recover from the devastation, well, that remains to be seen, if any of us are around to witness it. I thank you for the debate brother. And for all our sake's, i hope you are right. Personally i don't see how destroying life, in any form, can be a good thing. But that's just me i guess. Take care, and good luck to you

@jeffweiss7543 Whatever you think you know was told to you at one time or another in your life. You nor any of us, scientists...

You sound like me talking to me. I have said almost exactly everything you just said in the first half of your statement. And on that basis and those grounds, I have the right and privilege to challenge and even despise any scientific concept in existence.
As to your second half of comments, there is far too many elements and directions to go with all of that. I do not believe earth is my "mother" or that time is my "father." Those are constructs of ideologies that I do not embrace. And as I clearly pointed out, big business and government are in cahoots and sleeping together. It is not the citizenry that is destroying anything - if in fact that is what is occurring. We do not dump our byproducts in to our oceans. We would be imprisoned for doing so. But we read of continuous "accidental" oil spills and intentional dumpings by major corporations. It took a small time Erin Brockovich to blow the lid wide open on Pacific Gas & Electric in California in 1993.
The cover ups and secrecy is from the top down, not from bottom up. The big shot fat cats do whatever they have to to cover their asses and pay each other off with favors and bribes. Our political process is loaded with such activity. It has been going on for years and years.
This is WHY I distrust the entire system. It is broken and is probably beyond repair. The scandals under the present administration are really just a drop in the bucket of what is REALLY going on. But our current fundraiser in chief laughs and has people still believing that conservatives are the problem and nothing is going on! He has added greatly TO the problem, but has yet to have anything fully stick to him as the one behind the problems and pulling the strings.
And again my point is - if WE humans had nothing to do with starting or developing life, then why all the fuss and concern over whether we are able to perpetuate or save it? Many people on this site believe that life is meaningless and without purpose - so saving a planet seems like a waste of time.

@freespeechfreelancer You sound like me talking to me. I have said almost exactly everything you just said in the first half of your...

I agree with you about the corruption in government. Absolutely. I don't trust the government either. Or the cooperate machine. Or any human who has sold his soul to the almighty dollar. However, there is a certain amount of blame, that we as the citizens of this country must take for the way the system is, because we do nothing to change it. We let them lie, and cheat, and steal, and kill, not only the planet, but our fellow citizens. We do this through our indifference, and through our fear of standing up, and demanding change. If every human, working in this country today, stood up and said we will not take it anymore, and meant it, and stood our ground, refused to help fund the government, until changed into what we originally wanted this country to be, it would make a difference. It would not be able to function without our support. I know that's asking a lot, and im pretty sure it will never happen. But it would change everything. Most of our fellow humans are to afraid, to corrupt, to greedy, to complacent, or truly believe the lies they are told. But it is us. We are the government. We are the caretakers of this world that was given to us, not only for life, but for us to nurture and support, so that it can support us in return. It's not that hard a concept. The tree provides air for us to breathe. So in return, we don't cut down the tree. All nature works together, to perpetuate all life. We are nature, at our core. Therefore we need to take care of it, like it does for us. It's really that simple. No science , no politics. Just nature moving on through time. That's it man. The rest of that crap, just semantics.

@jeffweiss7543 I agree with you about the corruption in government. Absolutely. I don't trust the government either. Or the...

Very good comment! Hats off and my sentiments exactly.
And yes, we have allowed it to get where it is. Unity is the power that the PEOPLE have. But there is far too much division and schism in today's society. I believe that is part of the design and lie being sold to the people by government and corporations.
I have always said and believed that there are far more of US than there are of THEM. And even though you correctly point out that WE are the government, we have let elected officials replace and subvert the true power and control WE are supposed to have.
On your last comments I would point out the way the Native Americans viewed life and the earth. They highly respected it and used it sparingly and only for need and survival. They wasted nothing and left it as naturally as they possibly could. They took only what was necessary, and nothing more. I do believe that approach would still be good sound policy for all of us. But in so acknowledging, we would have to return to a much simpler basic way of living. Industrialization, modernization, and technological advances would have to take a back seat if we were to ever be serious about preserving anything.

@freespeechfreelancer Very good comment! Hats off and my sentiments exactly. And yes, we have allowed it to get where it is. Unity is...

You seem to rant on and on about a conspiracy theory. Scientists aren't organized enough, there is too many people and organizations to keep quiet.

vegans avatar vegan No Way +1Reply

I truly hope the "deniers" are correct. It probably should be noted that the referenced material was created by an organization called the Friends of Science. That organization appears to have been founded in 2002 by the Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists. These people do not sound a disinterested party.

@PhilboydStudge I truly hope the "deniers" are correct. It probably should be noted that the referenced material was created by...

I will trust a 3rd party organization of retired scientists over those in this country any day of the week. Our scientists are playing games and have been bought and paid for - just like every thing else in this money grab country.

@freespeechfreelancer I will trust a 3rd party organization of retired scientists over those in this country any day of the week. Our...

Fact: IPCC is twenty times more likely to overestimate a claim than to underestimate.

Myth: The IPCC is alarmist. 6 smilie

Fallacy: Cherry picking the few times the IPCC overestimated a claim while ignoring the other evidence.

https://www.skepticalscience.co...-consensus.htm

vegans avatar vegan No Way 0Reply

is there a tl;dr somewhere? I would love to read it, but i'm short on time and that's a really long document.

And I admit, I did laugh when this story broke. Even the brightest minds fail and get it wrong on a regular basis.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news...-rescuers.html

@freespeechfreelancer And I admit, I did laugh when this story broke. Even the brightest minds fail and get it wrong on a regular...

I wouldn't trust anything from dailymail

"Factual Reporting: MIXED

Notes: The Daily Mail is a British daily middle-market tabloid newspaper owned by the Daily Mail and General Trust and published in London (Wikipedia). Has a strong conservative bias and has a poor track record with fact checkers."

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-mail/

vegans avatar vegan No Way 0Reply