Is sex an act of sin or an act of human?

Life
0 73

It's an act of biology.

Some sex acts are sinful, others are acceptable, some are beautiful and there are even those that are commandments (or good deeds) in some religions.

They are all fun (at least for some of the participants)!

@1973597

is the bathroom thing a joke
or is it technically true?
or both?

and if it's true
how?

The more a man is an artists, poet, thinker, the less randy he becomes.

Only the brute is good at coupling, because copulation is like poetry to the weak of mind.

To copulate is to enter into another but the artist never emerges from himself and so has no time for fucking.

Its a sin if you say or think that is. Whats right and wrong, we can choose regardless of what anything thats said in the world by anyone. We once were human, but not anymore.

@Hmmmm Its a sin if you say or think that is. Whats right and wrong, we can choose regardless of what anything thats said...

What do you mean "not anymore" -
is this a biblical reference? Evolutionary? Help me out here 'cause I think like where this is going.

Sin is imaginary. So it's an act of human.

@Amiriter39324 Sin is imaginary. So it's an act of human.

sin may be subjective
but it is not imaginary

sin means to transgress a religious or moral principle

not everyone has religious principles
but pretty much everyone has moral principles

so almost everyone on Earth (both religious and non-religious whether you're theist/atheist/etc.) would agree that killing a bunch of toddlers is a sin

..................................................................

P: I love the color blue
S: your opinion is imaginary
P: No, my opinion isn't imaginary. My opinion is subjective

@fuzala sin may be subjective but it is not imaginary sin means to transgress a religious or moral principle not...

If one doesn't believe in divinity, sin is nonexistent. Sin means...

Nope nevermind. I'm not going down definition drive again.

@JohnJillky If one doesn't believe in divinity, sin is nonexistent. Sin means... Nope nevermind. I'm not going down definition...

sin means to go against a religious and/or moral principle

doesn't almost everyone have moral principles?

@JohnJillky Sin is a transgression against divine law.

"any act regarded as such a transgression, especially a willful or deliberate violation of some religious or moral principle."
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sin?s=t

@fuzala "any act regarded as such a transgression, especially a willful or deliberate violation of some religious or...

This is why I didn't want to play the definition game. My dictionary says otherwise. Generally, people are talking about a god when they talk of sin. I'm going with that definition.

@JohnJillky This is why I didn't want to play the definition game. My dictionary says otherwise. Generally, people are talking...

What if I say, "throwing away chess pie is a sin"? It's obvious there's no deity involved in that. I've simply acknowledged a wrong-doing according to my own personal moral principles. Other people might not agree but that does not make the sin imaginary.

@StickCaveman What if I say, "throwing away chess pie is a sin"? It's obvious there's no deity involved in that. I've simply...

For me, sin implies more than just wrongdoing. But language is subjective so blah blah blah you get the picture lol

@StickCaveman Throwing away chess pie is a sin, btw.

Well I can see how someone would think so. It's wrongful to waste food.

I got the joke, though.

@fuzala why don't you admit defeat and call it a day?

Because there is no winner or loser. I was explaining my definition of the word. So I'll just call it a day at that.

Act of human, but if its forceful then its sin.

@rawrsararawr10170 Act of human, but if its forceful then its sin.

if it's forceful
I would define that as rape to be specific
and to clear misunderstanding

@1972290

That was actually supposed to be a math lesson to encourage the multiplication of numbers.

Well i know that but when she was alive the cheetahs weren't calling her a sl-t.

@1974433

That amazing song

@JohnJillky By who?

It's called are we human by the killers

I don't even know what that means? It is not a sin.

it is not a sin. I don't like when peopel use people as living sex toys,though.

act of human!!

I don't believe in sin. Humans do it. So it follows that it's an act of humanity.

@JohnJillky I don't believe in sin. Humans do it. So it follows that it's an act of humanity.

so do animals
and plants
and in a way, bacteria
and all those other good stuff in our little world

@fuzala so do animals and plants and in a way, bacteria and all those other good stuff in our little world

I didn't say it was created/owned by humans.

Also bacteria do not reproduce sexually, but asexually. Yet, I did just learn about bacterial conjugation. That's an exchange of genetic information. It's not reproduction since no new organism is created. But it's sort of similar. Even so, not sex.

Wouldn't an "act of something" be the same as "an act done by something"?

Sex is done by plants and animals. Thus, sex is an act of plants and animals.

Are animals sinning when they have sex? I saw this thing online, it talked about a cheetah named Supermom, who's DNA is in 10% of cheetahs worldwide. I think it's kind of funny, how if a human woman had that much sex, she'd be dubbed as a whore queen, yet this cheetah is essentially a hero to her race. I think we as humans make sex a taboo, and maybe we should think about that.

@BlackVanilla Are animals sinning when they have sex? I saw this thing online, it talked about a cheetah named Supermom, who's...

I doubt the cheetahs think of her as a supermom

it's not like they know her DNA is in 10% of their kind

any act becomes "sinful" if it is done entirely without beneficial purpose or for selfish reasons

@moontone any act becomes "sinful" if it is done entirely without beneficial purpose or for selfish reasons

Entirely without beneficial purpose eh? What of those who murder to get a person out of others' lives? They are doing it for others' benefit.

@JohnJillky Entirely without beneficial purpose eh? What of those who murder to get a person out of others' lives? They are...

excellent point, murder becomes heroic if the public wants it, but if a single "selfish" person is to do it, it becomes unacceptable, i am not trying to justify murder

@moontone excellent point, murder becomes heroic if the public wants it, but if a single "selfish" person is to do it, it...

I know. I'm saying, what if a small group of people want it? Another guy does it to help them. Is it justified then?

@JohnJillky I know. I'm saying, what if a small group of people want it? Another guy does it to help them. Is it justified then?

most will probably say, that the small group of people is at fault here, and the guy who does it, whether because he had to, or a perfect excuse- "duty" ,in someways, is exclude. i personally think that acts such as murder or sex are done wrongfully when the other person commits the act because he wants to and he can, thereby stepping and putting aside what the other person has to say, in short a murderer or a rapist is an excessively selfish person to me.

@JohnJillky Yet, wouldn't that mean that anyone trying to help others gets no credit?

indeed, thus the idea is born that we should help others without waiting for asomething in return

@moontone indeed, thus the idea is born that we should help others without waiting for asomething in return

Credit isn't much of something in return. Even so, better for the people doing actions to get credit for the actions than someone sitting around.

This question is an act of horrible grammar.

an act of nature, actually

Either way it is good.

It’s a part of being alive. 

Depends on your beliefs; if you believed in reincarnation, then reproduction would not be essential, thus making sex a sin.

@Depends on your beliefs; if you believed in reincarnation, then reproduction would not be essential, thus making...

My general understanding of reincarnation is that you can get reincarnated into anything living. With that being, the population would slowly digress as people get reincarnated into non-human beings. Also, the people that are reincarnated into a human again still have to be born, making sex a necessity.

Anonymous