+70

Even though it's apparently possible to lose weight without diet and exercise, eating well and working out make you happier than just losing weight would, amirite?

Wunderscores avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
0 26
The voters have decided that Wunderscore is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I would not know. I have never eaten well, exercised, or lost weight.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Yeah You Are +3Reply

I've never had to lose weight. On average, my weight is 94 pounds, give or take a little. But, I would imagine that if I ever did have to lose weight, I would rather eat well and exercise, not because it would make me happier, but because you never know what they put in that stuff that makes it apparently possible to lose weight without dieting and exercising. I imagine that it has to come with side effects and be filled with all types of chemicals.

@BlindMist I've never had to lose weight. On average, my weight is 94 pounds, give or take a little. But, I would imagine that...

I've never "had" to lose weight, either, being that I'm happy with my weight in comparison to my height. That being said, I eat healthy and exercise regularly because it makes me feel good, not in an attempt to maintain or lose weight. Additionally, if I ever do "need" to lose weight, I enjoy the process of overcoming obstacles more so than I enjoy the accomplishment itself.

Wunderscores avatar Wunderscore Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Wunderscore I've never "had" to lose weight, either, being that I'm happy with my weight in comparison to my height. That being...

"I enjoy the process of overcoming obstacles more so than I enjoy the accomplishment itself."

I think that can be applied to anything in life. A lot of times, the getting there is better than the outcome. The journey is better than the destination. The climbing is better than standing on top of the mountain.

You are right. Sometimes people who lose weight successfully without exercise are disappointed when they reach their goal. Sure, their weight is now a pleasing number, but they don't have the energy they were expecting, and their body is not as attractive as if they had toned muscles.

perdixs avatar perdix Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1974137

You will be pretty high too !

I've found that i feel better about myself if i'm on a work out schedual but i lose track after a while.

@Wunderscore I prefer elliptical machines over tracks.

I see what you did there. Haha

I did a calasthetics workout for a while and it gave me good results in muscle gain and fat loss. I also, at one point, jogged a nearby mountain every other day and that burned a lot of fat real fast. These seem to work better for me than weight lifting

@1975414

I try to do it for me because i like being healthy and the body needs exercise to be healthy.

@1975423

It's not about how old, it's about being self reliant for as long as possible.

@1975427

I don't. I have no idea where i'm headed

@1975431

I can't say that i have. I'm quite reclusive as it is.

As someone who is in the midst of their fourth attempt at major weight loss, I have tried many different methods, and I can tell you for a fact that the ONLY good way to really lose weight and keep it off is through being more active in daily life, and eating fresh, healthy food in reasonable quantities. Certain tips from the more extreme diets can be interwoven periodically, like going 2 weeks on a low carb diet is a great way to kick start your diet and really get you confident. Reducing portion size and increasing frequency will also help you reduce your appetite at each sitting so you get used to eating the right amount each time.

My problem was that the first time I lost weight I did it the right way, but then a 3-month stint back home got me back into so many bad habits. Even on returning to my home overseas, I was making more money and living more decadently, being complacent that my weight loss would just last forever. Now i find myself as heavy as I was that first time around, embarking on the same long journey again. I've had short-term success with the more fad diets, including a master cleanse which I did for 4 days and lost about 14 pounds or something, but it was stupid. I had one big meal at the end of it and regained 4.5 of those pounds almost immediately.

Be sensible!

TommyUK1234s avatar TommyUK1234 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1982910

Depression and high-pressure situations have always had the same effect on me --- weight gain! I stress eat, and comfort eat so that's a big cause of my current situation

I like pizza and pull-ups. Thus i utilize both.

JohnJillkys avatar JohnJillky Yeah You Are 0Reply
@JohnJillky I like pizza and pull-ups. Thus i utilize both.

Pizza and diapers designed for toddlers? Interesting.
I need to try that, how often do you change them,
every pee?
every poo?
less often?

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Yeah You Are 0Reply