If another spermatazoa had reached your mothers ovum first at the time of your conception, would you still exist?

Its possible for the same sperm and egg to produce different people (identical twins), is it possible for a different sperm and egg to produce the same person? Are you who you are because you were born when you were and raised where you were or because of the combination of genetic material you got from your folks? Or both?

69% No 21% Yes 10% Other
People & Celebrities
0 19

Only half of me.

I existed before I was conceived

@Chuck Norris?

If I had to guess
like an alternative universe
I'd be like another version of me

@fuzala If I had to guess like an alternative universe I'd be like another version of me

But if you have a different personality and appearance, are you still you?

@But if you have a different personality and appearance, are you still you?

with time
appearance and personality change
but I still remain me

a different version of me

Different personality and characteristics. My concept of self is only related to who I am currently.

Personality and whatnot are determined both genetically and environmentally.

@JohnJillky Which do you think is more dominant?

Environment, I believe, plays a larger role. Both, however, have an impact on behavior

@Wunderscore Environment, I believe, plays a larger role. Both, however, have an impact on behavior

I figured you'd say that lol. I took AP Psych this year and I learned about an experiment that aimed to answer the question.

http://www.edmondschools.net/Po...%20Natural.pdf

Quite intriguing.

@JohnJillky I figured you'd say that lol. I took AP Psych this year and I learned about an experiment that aimed to answer the...

Attachment Theory is actually quite interesting and I think it holds a great deal of merit, but I also believe that it largely fails in explaining individual and fine details of personality. Then again, mere behaviorism surely isn't the sole factor, as shown by correlational twin adoption and other studies.

Different genetics. So no.

Depends on who eats faster.

It's not the first to get there, but the first to penetrate the "shell"

I am an identical twin for all I know I'd be my sister June