+25

People who have never experienced romantic love: despite the glamor that love receives, you actually think it sounds kind of scary, and maybe even a little bit unappealing, amirite?

Wunderscores avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
0 16
The voters have decided that Wunderscore is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Maybe. I thought I knew what it was so many times.

So true. I experience body lust and mind infatuation. And they are rather fleeting. But they are safe.

JohnJillkys avatar JohnJillky Yeah You Are +2Reply

I've come to decide that any kind of romance involves at least some form of dispute or worse--heartbreak at some point or another. I don't have time for that sort of stuff at this time in my life. So yes, as of now I do find it unappealing and will remain happily single.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +2Reply
@StickCaveman I've come to decide that any kind of romance involves at least some form of dispute or worse--heartbreak at some...

Update: Found someone to make time for and whose love outweighs any heartbreak that may come. smile smilie

@1984396

Props to you.

Looking back on my last two relationships, I broke up with them almost right after our first argument or disagreement. I use those terms loosely because I wouldn't really call it that. It was really more of a "first doubt".. as in first doubt that we should even be together. Ugh, when I say it like that it sounds horrible.

I did like the girls when I started dating them and even when I broke up with them, but I don't know. I get really stressed and anxious over the feelings of people I'm close to. If I make them angry or sad, I lose sleep over it even if in the back of my mind I know it's something we can get through, just the simple thought that those moments are just a part of being in a relationship keeps me from wanting to be in one. At least at this point in time anyway.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1984396

That closeness is precisely what terrifies me

Wunderscores avatar Wunderscore Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Wunderscore That closeness is precisely what terrifies me

If you say run, I'll run with you; if you say hide, we'll hide; but if you fell into my arms, you'd tremble like a flower?

Are you terrified of being hurt, or is it that you don't want something about you to be known, or perhaps is it that you fear long term commitment.

It doesn't sound scary to me though.

Even before I ever experienced romantic love, I desperately wanted to. I have always been a hopeless romantic.