-137

Young people support gay rights simply because they are unaware of any opposing viewpoints, amirite?

So says Rick Santorum:

“The arguments (regarding gay rights) are being won among young people. We are losing in this particular area among young people not because we’re out there and competing, it’s because they have effectively silenced the church on a lot of those issues and young people don’t even know what the opposing view is on these issues.”

http://radio.foxnews.com/2014/10/23/santorum-gays-have-silenced-the-church/
PhilboydStudges avatar Relationships
2 27

What a dick

@VicZinc What a dick

Indeed, though I sort of want to hear how this will lead to humans marrying barnyard animal. Sort of.

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge Yeah You Are +1Reply
@PhilboydStudge Indeed, though I sort of want to hear how this will lead to humans marrying barnyard animal. Sort of.

Lol no no no your out of date! the latest excuse is Gays are all pedophiles somehow (in the same way straight people, being the opposite, are all granny chasers)

@TomboyJanet Lol no no no your out of date! the latest excuse is Gays are all pedophiles somehow (in the same way straight...

Thanks for the info... But I have to take exception to the social stigma attached to chasing grannies. I'm old enough to become a grandfather now, so it seems kinda natural to me.goo smilie

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge Yeah You Are 0Reply

I have never heard a logical argument for denying the rights of gay people to get married. It's always "because my bible says so."

@JimiHendrix I have never heard a logical argument for denying the rights of gay people to get married. It's always "because my...

The Bible says homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord, but did you know what else is an abomination? Unjust men, eating shellfish, eating pork, sacrificing ox and sheep with blemishes, remarrying, adultery, dishonest transactions. And this list goes on...

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline...n&hs=1

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge Yeah You Are +3Reply
@PhilboydStudge The Bible says homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord, but did you know what else is an abomination? Unjust...

uh huh. And by the way you ladies are doing it all wrong with the tampons and pads and all that. You need to get some turtles and pigeons and such. Sheesh!

Leviticus 19: And if a woman have an issue , and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even. 20 And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean : every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean . 21 And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. ... And if any man lie with her at all , and her flowers be upon him, he shall be unclean seven days; and all the bed whereon he lieth shall be unclean .... 29 And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. 30 And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for her before the LORD for the issue of her uncleanness.

@PhilboydStudge I sort of get the unclean part, but turtles and doves? wtf?

The people who wrote the bible were pretty much trippin balls the whole time. Have you ever read that shit.

Exactly. I'm Christian and I still support gay rights. The whole "my bible says so" excuse is especially bullshit to me, because the Bible also says to love one another and treat each other with kindness.

Maybe it's because they think that denying gay people the right to marry is immoral, or discrimination based on the people they like.

If you want to bring the churches into this, I'd like to remind you that no one in their right mind would force a church to marry anyone. They have as much a right to say "we won't marry gay people" as the couple has to say "okay, we'll give our money to a different establishment."

@I_Hate_Underscores Maybe it's because they think that denying gay people the right to marry is immoral, or discrimination based on the...

Thanks for the well articulated response. I do not believe Santorum is correct. Not for one minute. The reason I posted this was to see what arguments would come of it.

I support human rights, it just so happens that gays are people too. gasps shocker!!!

Or maybe it's because of their innocence, so they inherently believe gays should have equal rights?

@1990631

College preacher assholes love to scream about the homeaus and masturbation.

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are +1Reply

There are no opposing viewpoints other than "It's icky". very immature if you ask me. I firmly believe any bs about pedophilia (an argument that makes no sense at all) or the religion stuff is made up for explanation sake. In reality these people have no idea why they hate it, they just find it gross and their parents told them it's bad so they don't like it. It would be like a baby saying he doesn't like broccoli because green things usually indicate sickness.

Young guy here. I can be AGAINST gay marriage?! Wish I knew this earlier.

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are 0Reply
Anonymous