JohnJillkys avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
3 27

I should've made a mix of "You stupid motherf*cker" and "Doesn't even matter"...

JohnJillkys avatar JohnJillky If you are... can you pass the blunt? 0Reply

First
make sure the college you are going to
will take the AP credits,
if not it's a total waste
(unless you are just looking for
knowledge in the subject.)

Honors in the senior year is meaningless
because the college apps are looking for
transcripts through junior year
and they only look at grades in final year.
So go for easy A
in every class that your college won't give you credit for as AP.

But - if you can get the college credit,
do it!
It's free and saves you time
in your first two semesters of college.

@VicZinc First make sure the college you are going to will take the AP credits, if not it's a total waste (unless you...

Well, the main reason for taking them is to show colleges that I can handle challenge. And from what I hear, many colleges really won't accept much AP credit (especially not enough to send you to sophomore year in college lol). The main classes I actually care about, I took this year, Psych and Bio. I hope to get 5's on those because I think I wanna double major in those and maybe I can at least get credit for one or both. Next year is just a "final push" (I wish). Paying for tests is a bridge I'll cross when I get there.

@1993824

lol I don't study but I still get A's so.... I guess I'm screwed

My senior year I took 7 IB classes and did extra-curricular service work and played sports. Worst year of my life so far, but it's possible if you're prepared to make the necessary sacrifices for it.

@Wunderscore My senior year I took 7 IB classes and did extra-curricular service work and played sports. Worst year of my life...

Define IB classes. And aside from that, service and sports will also be a part (hell, I wouldn't play tennis if I didn't need it for credit because my season sucked so bad because of hw). I have no social life so I've not much to sacrifice except sleep.

@JohnJillky Define IB classes. And aside from that, service and sports will also be a part (hell, I wouldn't play tennis if I...

I got my IB diploma. IB is kind of like AP if you're familiar with those courses, but IB is both a program (so you must take all IB courses rather than some IB and some standard level) and more extensive. It is student-oriented, so you have more freedom. That includes CAS service hours and an extended essay, and student-driven research and presentations. So it's kind of like taking all 7 AP classes at once, all year, being tested on two years of material in your senior exams, and doing a shit ton of work on the side. When you add that to applications and playing a sport all year and trying to spend time doing things you enjoy, it's not super great.

@1994777

I guess so. If I woke up and this was all a dream and tomorrow was my first day of Junior year again, I wouldn't do it again though.

@Wunderscore I got my IB diploma. IB is kind of like AP if you're familiar with those courses, but IB is both a program (so you...

IB usually stands for International Baccalaureate and in theory, those credits can be accepted both as US college level courses and/or European University level freshman course credits.

I think the more important question is, why do you feel the need to flaunt in a public forum that you're taking AP and honors courses? Do you have such a lack of self-esteem about yourself that you feel the need to brag in public about the courses you take? Get a life, dude.

@daveatxxx I think the more important question is, why do you feel the need to flaunt in a public forum that you're taking AP...

Signing up for a class is far from bragging. There are plenty of incapable people taking the same classes and plenty of very capable people taking the classes I originally signed up for. The post indeed doesn't matter much and I can see how it comes across as bragging. Oh well.

it's your decision if you can handle it then yes, if not, then no.

@Ang98 it's your decision if you can handle it then yes, if not, then no.

I think I'll survive. From what I hear, many colleges look more for tough classes than a perfect 4.0. Not to mention stuff other than school

@JohnJillky I think I'll survive. From what I hear, many colleges look more for tough classes than a perfect 4.0. Not to...

I'm glad to hear that, my daughter takes AP & honor classes & they do look at all those things & all of it is important. Do you not have a school counselor? Can you not talk to your parents either? Someone should be able to help you with these decisions. I wish you nothing but good wishes on your journey, it will pay off when they give you that college degree! :)

@Ang98 I'm glad to hear that, my daughter takes AP & honor classes & they do look at all those things & all of it is...

Both think I can handle it. Just something I'll have to see in the future. And thanks. Then the question will be whether the degree can land me a career (oh the game of life lol).

@JohnJillky Both think I can handle it. Just something I'll have to see in the future. And thanks. Then the question will be...

Oh tell me about it but a degree is better than nothing, there are jobs that just require a degree in stead of experience even if the degree is not pertaining to that field, you'd be surprised.

@Ang98 Oh tell me about it but a degree is better than nothing, there are jobs that just require a degree in stead of...

Oh yeah I definitely shouldn't be screwed, especially since my parents would house me for as long as necessary.

JohnJillkys avatar JohnJillky If you are... can you pass the blunt? +1Reply
@JohnJillky Oh yeah I definitely shouldn't be screwed, especially since my parents would house me for as long as necessary.

As I will for my daughter too, yeah you are definitely on the right track, good luck! Thanks for replying John!

I'm taking 3 APs and 2 honors as a senior so ehh

eli666s avatar eli666 Kinda dumb... but hey maybe... 0Reply
@eli666 I'm taking 3 APs and 2 honors as a senior so ehh

Yeah nothing compared to some college classes.