-3

Nowadays, more people are finally waking up and realizing that us, humans are living in such a distructive way. Let's face it, and let's be real for just a couple of minutes, THE EARTH IS DIEING! I know that now you think that I'm just being negative and overreacing but no I am just being real. And guess what ? WE ARE THE ONES WHO CAUSED IT. Don't we all remember the famous Chernobyl disaster when in Chernobyl I April 26, 1986. Reactor 4 was scheduled to be shut down, but a decision was made to use the shut-down as an opportunity to test a theory. It had never been proven that cooling could be maintained in the event of an external power failure. Engineers believed that residual energy from the turbine rotation could be used to pump cooling water until emergency generators kicked in. Unfortunately, the test was poorly conceived and badly executed. The resulting run-away nuclear reaction, fire and explosion released more than 400-fold the amount of radiation from the Hiroshima bomb, hitting Belarus hardest and extending as far as Ireland. A total of 56 deaths and over 4,000 cancer cases are attributed directly to the accident. The greatest lessons arising from this event involve the response: Emergency personnel were not informed of the risk, and the public was put at greater exposure due to poor evacuation measures. Today, a 30-kilometer exclusion zone remains unoccupied around the Chernobyl nuclear power plant, where large amounts of nuclear material in a decaying sarcophagus continue to incite concern. And believe this just one of many many other disasters caused by mans stupidity and selfishness. I'm afraid that when we eat the last fish, drink the last drop of water, we are going to realize that money can't feed us. If trees gave us internet, we would be planting them everywhere we go and whenever we got the chance, but unfortunatly trees only produce the oxygen we breath. You see, marks humans leave are too often scars. But if only more of us could see how beautiful nature actually is, fewer and fewer the dameges will be. On earth there is no heaven, but there are pieces of it. Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are axcelent school masters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books. You should realize that every flower is a soul blossoming in nature all you have to do is look deep into nature and you will understand everything better. When I first started looking for solutions to prevent the massive disasters we are heading to, it was very hard, because everytime i find a logical solution, it hits me again that humans will never learn, they will keep doig the same mistake over and over again untill there are no longer "second chances" , i mean we already had our second, third, forth .... Millionth chance but through the years, we never came to a real solution, we had millions and millions of years but did we really improve anything ? did we actually change ? well maybe for the worse. All we seem to do is destroy, destroy and destroy, we are like heartless soulless machines of massive destruction. But then I decided to use my imagination a little bit, and let my hope guide me for a while, as they say : hope is the only bee that makes honey without flowers. I said to myself What if we changed ? what if we finally woke up and realized what really matters in this world ? because if we really wanted to save the earth, solutions won't be that difficult to find, we could celebrate the earth day everyday, not once a year, because earth doesn't only feed and chatters us for one day every year now does it ? no, earth never stoped being earth, not even for a second, so why can't everyday be the earth day ? why can't we plant trees more often, why can't we stop destroying nature for no good reason ? we can also use less harmful means of transport and be more interested in animals, not just hunt them for stupid reasons like making hand bags and shoes ... Don't you feel extremly stupid for killing the only thing that is keeping you alive ? One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today. There is pleasure in the pathless woods, there is rapture in the lonely shore, there is society where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar; I love not Man the less, but Nature more. visit my blog : http://yasminelephant.skyrock.com/

yasmines avatar
1 3

Umm....no.

Look Yasmine,
I like what you wrote
even if it is too long so
most people will not read it

Please keep posting these Ideas
I do support them and share the basic
understanding that we humans are not helping

So let me explain my disagreement
We are not hurting the Earth
We cannot, she is too big, beautiful
and powerful to be even dented by us
We ARE modifying the environment in
such a way that we, as the current human
species, will not be able to survive here without
evolving into a different species,
and we might perish from the Earth before we evolve.

In the process we are also making is impossible for many other species
to survive as they are, and they too will need to evolve or perish.

But I rest assured that the Earth will simply host a new collection
of species, be they bacteria, cockroaches, or three-eyed fish.
She will not be harmed, but surely we will.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Disagree 0Reply

this land is my land
this land is your land

this land is made for you and meeeee