DakotaErdmanns avatar Life
5 46

It's none of my business who my friends are friends with. That's up to them.

I think sometimes friends need to be pointed in the right direction because they keep repeating the same mistakes over and over because they think with their heart instead of their brain...Although some friends are either really stupid or really stubborn and don't listen and then end up eating ice cream at 3a while watching Casablanca...
Just a guess :)

@1997078

Sometimes it is not lol

In general the answer is no, but there are situations where it matters.

To a certain extent. If you're a true friend to someone, then it means you care about them. And if they're wasting their time spending it with those who are just using them or harming them in some way, then I think it's your business. Of course, if they don't want to take any advice you give, that's up to them.

Then there are situations where you might just not like the other person they're friends with for no good reason. You shouldn't be forced to hang out with your friend and enemy at the same time, but you also shouldn't force your friend to stop being friends with them. I see it as an opportunity to open your mind and turn an enemy into a friend.

If my friends are friedns with people I dont like that is none of my business. But if they were able to be friends with certain people that would mean there were such philosophical differences, differences on core beleifs, that I would not choose to be friends with that person. But I also believe that the vast majority of people we call friends are actually aquaintances and not friends anyway. I can be civil. I can be nice. But I can not be friends with people who beahve in certain ways and to some extent hold certain beliefs.

We are each our own person.. You've never cared for my group of friends but I find it possible to be civil with you

Depends. If their attitude and behavior around a certain person goes way downhill then you might want to find out why before they go so far down that coming back will be difficult at best.

Not my business.

Their life, not mine...... MY friends are my business.

Nope. People are free to be friends with whomever they choose to be friends with.

While it's not my place to say who they hang out with. If you are a friend, you will know anyways. However it is my business to know the one who they bring around me.

Not unless they go out of their way to make it my business.

In the U.S. Supreme Court in 1892, the case of the Holy Trinity church vs. The United States the Court cited cited 87 historical precedents in its conclusion that, "Our laws and institutions must necessarily be based upon and embody the teachings of the Redeemer of mankind. It is impossible that it should be otherwise. In this sense and to this extent, our civilization and our institutions are emphatically Christian." Although we hear much today about "the separation of church and state" , you will not find that phrase or that intent in the U.S. constitution. In fact, in an 1811 U.S. Supreme Court case (People vs.Ruggles) the court declared against a man for profaning Jesus Christ and the Bible, ruling that *"whatever strikes at the root of Christianity tends manifestly to the dissolution of civil government."

Show me your friend to tell you who you are... xD

For those who say it's non of your business who your friends friends are. One of my cousins in Kansas about 5 years ago was hanging around a friend who hanged with some guys in a gang. One night, after a night out, my cousin, his friend and 3 of his friends were driving home. My cousin was driving and pulled up to a red light. Another car pulled up with 2 guys and a girl. One of the guys in the backseat of my cousins car recognized one of them as a rival gang member, pulled out a gun and began shooting at the car. My cousin panicked and drove away leaving the girl and one of the guys dead. He spent about 6 months in jail and ultimately got a plea deal in exchange for helping the prosecutors. Afterwards he was beat up by both gangs, one considering him part of the rival gang, and the other because he snitched. It got so bad, he moved in with another family member in another city.

I don't think it's my business, but I can see where some people may be concerned about the type of people their friends are hanging out with since they care about the well being of this person.

I would think my friends would introduce me to their friends and we might be friends too.

im not some dum little gossip chick but if the person is dangerous i will try to help

Nah. If they know I hate that person or we don't get along, I will feel hurt though or dissed.

Only in the sense that I might know who their other friends are. But otherwise: no. We shouldn't try to influence how our friends spend their time away from our company.

Maybe! It might be a good strategy for making new friends.

I a way Yes.There is that old saying.Show me youre friends and I'll tell you what you are.

If there with bad people ,I would like to know.

If the friendship's old enough, there are bound to be times when your friend's interaction with their friends will spill over into your life, even if it's not direct.

i personally don't care :p

@1997080

So what illegal activity is it that you are involved in ? That is the ONLY reason I can explain that statement.

@1997276

There are good ones and bad ones just like every other group of people. It is very ignorant to paint them all with such a broad brush.

@1997292

You don't have any reason to be afraid of cops unless you are a criminal. If you obey the laws, they will leave you alone.

@1997300

Thanks for the warning, but I'm not ignorant enough to group all cops with a broad brush. You haven't provided me any reasons to be afraid of cops. Of course, I am afraid of traffic cops, but that is the only time I am afraid of seeing cops. I'm not involved in any illegal activity, so I can't think of any reason to be afraid of them. Most of them are just trying to make a living, like the rest of us. There are some bad ones out there, but you will find that with every group of people. Not fair to judge a whole group of people by a minority though.

@1997276

Actually I know a few and consider one to be a good friend. Drug dealer, thief, con man, which are you ?

You can't pick your friend's friends.

@Yankee_Douche You wish..

LOVE the 'sexual preference' part. Hubby even got a chuckle out of that one.

Anonymous