@Former sodaheads. How do you feel about sodahead still advertising its "sodahead community" on its new pollware homage?? (see question picture)

Skunkys avatar Technology
3 56

they only added sodahead community to make out like their site has a community. its completely dead now.

@2004563

Fef told many ppl lies and kept us all in the dark and without notice the letter went out saying everyone's accts. were going to be disabled effective immediately.

I'm not happy. I was a member for 8 years and I'd like to be able to go in and cancel that membership! If you click on sodahead community, you will note that questions still there --- the ****Head staff and Pollware. I refuse to answer any question powered by Pollware!

@Seonag I'm not happy. I was a member for 8 years and I'd like to be able to go in and cancel that membership! If you click...

I was there a long time, also, but never asked questions - a few folks thought I must have been living under a rock, and perhaps I do, but I never, ever got into the craziness that I often saw on that site. After what they did to us, why in the world would anyone want to go there?

@beachbum I was there a long time, also, but never asked questions - a few folks thought I must have been living under a...

Only reason to go back would be to delete my profile. Do a search "Sodahead beachbum" and see what comes up.

Community??? Wouldn't that indicate there were people involved, a certain diverse demographic? LOL, false advertising when the community is made up of Fef and his staff, don't ya think?

They should take the "SodaHead" website offline...It's ridiculous to keep it there like that!

@Bruno56 They should take the "SodaHead" website offline...It's ridiculous to keep it there like that!

Agreed! Fef and Lonnie treated us all like mushrooms............Fed us BS and kept us in the dark!!!!!

I have mixed feelings. I have no ill will toward someone growing their business in a manner they see fit. After all, no one goes into business thinking "Gee, I want this to go bust someday!" I also find it hard to complain since it was a free site. Conversely, I do think it disingenuious to call it a community since it no longer is. Above all, it just makes me sad.

@BoredCollieDog I have mixed feelings. I have no ill will toward someone growing their business in a manner they see fit. After...

Agree about a business should be able to run the business as they see fit. I think if we had all been given warning - if even just a day, but to just suddenly cut everything off was a shock.

@beachbum Agree about a business should be able to run the business as they see fit. I think if we had all been given...

I know. I was literally in mid rant when it happened. It was very weird. I hate to say it, but I really do think it would have been a total cluster had they given any warning. There were just enough crazy people around to really stir the pot and wreak havoc. I'm no techie, but maybe there was liability issue or contractual issue with the new owners. I have no idea, but I don't think Fef meant any harm. He was very active and welcomed all the new people as soon as they came on board. I don't know the guy other than that, but I don't think it was an easy choice for him. Despite business 101, your business is your baby. It just is. And hard choices are hard. And then to be beat up the way he has been? Yikes! I feel for the guy.

@BoredCollieDog I know. I was literally in mid rant when it happened. It was very weird. I hate to say it, but I really do think it...

You make some good points - there were a LOT of crazies, and perhaps there could have been a liability issue or something else. Oh, well, doesn't matter now.

@beachbum You make some good points - there were a LOT of crazies, and perhaps there could have been a liability issue or...

No, it doesn't matter now. But I will miss it. A lot of good friends pulled me thru some tough times. I think you were one of my first friends but then there was a weird glitch in the system and a lot of people fell off my friends list...or they all dumped me. shock smilie

I haven't been back to that site since they booted everyone... no plans on doing so either! *@!# Fef, Lonniehead and all of them!!

I miss the format, but sure don't miss the bigots, the political zealots, the groups that were in their little cliques, and the mess where topics sere scattered all over the place.

Frankly I don't care what they do. I would be happy if they imploded

They have no community. That is false advertising. They only have a bunch of SOCKS! SMH

@Drue They have no community. That is false advertising. They only have a bunch of SOCKS! SMH

it should be illegal what they are doing, someone needs to put a lawsuit against them.

@Skunky it should be illegal what they are doing, someone needs to put a lawsuit against them.

I wonder if the FTC would investigate them for fraud seeing the data they are now collecting is false and misleading.

I really don't give a rip

Hey, everyone! it's StephenB. I think SodaHead is dumb for doing that, because we can't answer the polls and questions directly from the site.

All that is left are the moderators, that must be the "Sodahead community" now.

It's marketing. Fef destroyed whatever community there was.

The "community" must be the moderators.

It's a bleeding cheek.

Hi Murph! Like the Phoenix, Sodaheaders will rise and rebuild their community. It's already starting.

Well, there is still a Sodahead community, we're just not on Sodahead anymore...

Community my ass. My account it's still active and I can't log in.

I am fuming. Websites should not be allowed to do that. Many of us had made bonds there and it was interesting seeing what everyone thought of a certain topic. I could understand if there was other sites like Soda head but there is none. There is so many sites that can be shut down e.g dating sites but nah. Its not even like they are chasing for the better.

I hated it!

It makes me sad :(

There is no more "Sodahead community" Most of us have moved on. ost of us also would never have anything to do with anything connected to the people who did an immediate lockout of the site.