Should Illegal Aliens be Deported?

58% Yes 32% No 10% Other
Drues avatar Law
3 129

What part of ILLEGAL do people not understand?

Because our immigration policies are supposed to benefit us as a country not save other countries from their own problems....

Thanks. It just blows me away to listen to people act like others have some kind of right to come here just because they want to...

They're criminals.

@TheRedJester

There was no "America" then...

@TheRedJester how so?

The continent existed. But was not a nation. It was a conglomeration of territories. America was founded in 1776...

@TheRedJester different name same place.

Before it was America it was a different thing entirely... There was no immigration policy. There was no national government. The local governments were not recognized. I get your point, but it was entirely different.

@TheRedJester thats the way it was supposed to be.

According to what? NO WHERE is like that. That was the old ways. Right or wrong makes no difference to this conversation. There were no immigration policies then. There are now. What "should be" is moot.

@Sheila According to what? NO WHERE is like that. That was the old ways. Right or wrong makes no difference to this...

right or wrong is always relevant. we live in a democracy we can chage the way things are if we want to.

@2058760

Are you aware of the national debt? I am not willing to be taxed anymore than I already am. Mexico needs to get their shit together and take care of their own just as we need to take care of our own. Let them go through the legal process.

@2058780

It is also obvious by your response that you did not read my reply. I do give a damn about impoverished people. . . . .OUR OWN US CITIZENS. Mexico should get their shit together and take care of their own as should we. SMH

@2058812

How old are you? Just curious. It seems that when you are young you miss the whole picture. Why won't Mexico take care of their own people. They are more than capable. Until we get a grip on our own affairs and national debt, we need to take care of our own. Why should we have to borrow more money from china to take care of those who ILLEGALLY CROSS THE BORDER?

@2058857

Sorry, we just can't afford it. No one will be there to help when we go under and there will be no where for us to go. I'm sorry but let Mexico go to the UN and get help. That is what they are there for. When illegals get fed, healthcare over our Veterans that is shameful. I won't stand for it. They need to be sent home and go through the LEGAL process. PERIOD. If you cannot grasp that, then I am at a loss for words.

@2059653

She does not care.

@Drue It is also obvious by your response that you did not read my reply. I do give a damn about impoverished...

How do you propose we take care of our own, though? Sobriquet's suggestion a full-on revision of the government, which I'm not saying I agree with, but you seem to be ignoring entirely. Her proposal would actually probably be more beneficial to "our own" because it would be a lot easier to get that government assistance if you're here legally.

If government assistance is more helpful for people who are here legally, and your stance is that you want to help people who are here legally... why are you so against taxes, like how does taxes have anything to do with this? I'm genuinely curious how your train of though has arrived here.

@shelbme How do you propose we take care of our own, though? Sobriquet's suggestion a full-on revision of the government...

Just out of curiosity, where do you think the money comes from that feed, clothe, house, educate and keep healthy all these people? From the workers and property owners. I've paid property taxes for over 40 years. You'd think I've paid my fair share but with the influx of the "new arrivals," my tax has shot up 38% in the last 10 years. My $145 hospital bill went to $751 to pay for those who don't/can't pay their medical bills.
You do know that the host mother will die when too many try to feed off of her. We are seeing it before our eyes.

@ozzyboy Just out of curiosity, where do you think the money comes from that feed, clothe, house, educate and keep healthy...

That would be an interesting point if you had included just a bit more information on the subject - you're saying your taxes have gone up because of immigration? I'm not educated on this at all, but it sounds like a reasonable claim to make. Please link me to a couple sources that back up this is actually the case, I'm totally prepared to change my stance on this if what you're saying is valid.

I'll do some digging around as well - maybe this is common knowledge and I'm just out of the loop. Like, are taxes on one thing (in this case, hospitals) actually raised because more money is needed for that one thing? I always assumed that the money wouldn't necessarily go back into the same service you're being taxed on.

@shelbme That would be an interesting point if you had included just a bit more information on the subject - you're saying...

My information comes directly from the COO himself.
He also said he would not state this information publicly. He showed us a graph explaining why my $145 lab bill went to $751 when it went through insurance.
It was to pay for low income, illegals and others that got health care but couldn't pay for it. How do you think bamacare works? Someone has to pick up the bills for the nonpayers. I'm surprised you aren't aware of this.

@ozzyboy My information comes directly from the COO himself. He also said he would not state this information publicly. He...

Well yeah, but I thought it was just more taxes in general. Can you link me the graph please?

@shelbme Well yeah, but I thought it was just more taxes in general. Can you link me the graph please?

This should get you started....
Cost of Unlawful Immigrants to the U.S. Taxpayers
www.heritage.org/research/reports/2013/05/the-fiscal...

@2008141

try becoming a citizen yourself. most us borns could pass the test if there life counted on it.

@TheRedJester which one?

@Sheila try becoming a citizen yourself. most us borns could pass the test if there life counted on it.

really because my senior class took the test in government and 80 percent failed even a fair chunk of our 4.0 students. you put to much faith in a over blown trivia test. secondly passing a test isnt enough.

there is a lot more shit to get through than one test.
hell even if you save american soldiers you have to go through a ton of crap.

@TheRedJester can't*

And that is as wrong as anything. But they have stopped teaching much of it because it is what makes us great. Or MADE us great. Progressives do not want us to BE great. BTW I can definitely pass a citizenship test.

@Sheila And that is as wrong as anything. But they have stopped teaching much of it because it is what makes us great. Or...

i disagree. they do teach it they just dont do a good job ensuring retention of knowledge. secondly what made us great where the determination of our immigrants to make their new home a place they want their children to live. whether you can pass the test or not is irrelevant try watching a documentary of someone trying to become a us citizen its enough to make you sick to your stomach.

@TheRedJester i disagree. they do teach it they just dont do a good job ensuring retention of knowledge. secondly what made us...

My mother was a naturalized citizen. It SHOULD be HARD to pass the test. It should be hard to be accepted here. It is not our "job" to provide for immigrants. We should ONLY accept people with skills we need. In small numbers and with very specific requirements including they will NEVER be on welfare of any kind. It is NOT our job as a country to take the "problem" people from another country.

@Sheila My mother was a naturalized citizen. It SHOULD be HARD to pass the test. It should be hard to be accepted here. It...

you call yourself an american? you say you know our history and the spirit that made us great?
perhaps you need to go visit the statue of liberty and read its message one again.

New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

@TheRedJester you call yourself an american? you say you know our history and the spirit that made us great? perhaps you need to...

LOL, that was a gift from another country too. WE didn't make that. But been there, done that...

@Sheila LOL, that was a gift from another country too. WE didn't make that. But been there, done that...

we did however make the poem at the bottom. so i dont see your point as really valid.

@TheRedJester we did however make the poem at the bottom. so i dont see your point as really valid.

We? Emma Lazarus wrote it. When it was written we had more room, more freedom and less welfare than now. Immigrants were screened and either accepted or rejected even then.

There is no inherent "right to emigrate" to the United States or any other country. The problem now is that we are accepting people who will do NOTHING to further the interests of our country.

We don't owe the world anything at all.

@TheRedJester prove it.

Sheila's right. There was no welfare back then and everyone pulled their own weight. They were welcome to come and work and live. My ancestors came here for the work and freedoms and they worked hard in the new country. Churches get $100 a head to bring in people and then the taxpayers have to foot the bill.

@ozzyboy Sheila's right. There was no welfare back then and everyone pulled their own weight. They were welcome to come and...

is that so? you think charity didnt exist during that time i find that hard to believe. secondly the people who come here today come for the same reason your ancestors and mine did work, education and a chance to have a better life. i live with two Mexican immigrates who work hard at a local auto shop every day and i dont see them being any different than my great grandpa who came here from Sweden. there story is even more similar in that they both had to deal with people demonizing them and saying they will be lazy leeches on society and in 40 yrs the immigrants we have comming to day will be integrated and well get along just fine but untill then go ahead and keep being a dick while its still socially acceptable.

@TheRedJester is that so? you think charity didnt exist during that time i find that hard to believe. secondly the people who...

No need to get nasty. Charity did exist then but it was from the churches not from the government that only gets its money from workers. So, while we pay our bills with our earnings, we also pay for the illegals. Who do you think pays for housing, healthcare, education for the illegals. My Mexican friends are incensed that they came here legally and worked themselves up the ladder while the border jumpers get everything handed to them at taxpayers expense. My ancestors got here with sign in windows saying, Help Wanted, Irish Need Not Apply. No government help for them.

@TheRedJester well they would pay taxes if you made them a citizens. simple answer to a simple problem.

Why don't they follow the laws like the legal immigrants had to do? Why are they above the law? Why don't they clean up their country and make it habitable instead of leeching off Americans?

@ozzyboy Why don't they follow the laws like the legal immigrants had to do? Why are they above the law? Why don't they...

1) following the laws doesnt mean youll be allowed citizen ship and the laws are so convoluted and the paper work so massive it can be near or fully impossible.

2) because all people are worth more than some silly law even unborn people. laws are to serve people not the other way around.

3)that may not be possible or that is not the reason they wish to leave their country might be just fine but they could do better over here.

4) treating and thinking people as parasites is quite telling of your vanity and insecurity.

@TheRedJester 1) following the laws doesnt mean youll be allowed citizen ship and the laws are so convoluted and the paper work...

1. They already broke the law so they have no respect for our country except for the money and entitlements they can leech out of the taxpayers.
2. Just because you don't like a law doesn't mean you get to ignore it. I don't like the tax law but I abide by it.
3. Care about their country enough to make it better. That is what Americans are doing here.
4. Anyone, anyone who leeches off others are parasites and that is not just illegals.

@ozzyboy 1. They already broke the law so they have no respect for our country except for the money and entitlements they...

1) if you ever spit on the sidewalk then you broke the law but that law is stupid so no one enforces it that doesnt mean they dont love america it means they dont carefor that law.

2) are you sure? what about how we did that and prohibition ended or when we made marijuana legal or segregation ectra it all started out with the defiant cry of a rebel and the triumph of a patriot.

3)really how so? i dont see anyone doing much if anything some new competition might bring back the spirit we left behind. there is no motivation anymore

4)then your a parasite aswell you live on this earth and use its resources without repaying it. what ever is so bad about being parasitic. nothing you just think yourself different and superior to others but you are the same as me and every other person on this earth.

@TheRedJester 1) if you ever spit on the sidewalk then you broke the law but that law is stupid so no one enforces it that doesnt...

Your arguments are lame, emotional and lack content.
I am pretty sure is that I am better than you in one very important area. I don't tell others to take care of the earth. I was taught at a very early age to be good to our earth. El gordo Bore/Gore certainly doesn't but he demands that everyone else pay for his rampage on the earth while collecting from Al Jazeera and the taxpayers. You seem to be in your cups already. You are done.

@ozzyboy Your arguments are lame, emotional and lack content. I am pretty sure is that I am better than you in one very...

what are you talking about man. i wasnt saying anything about environmentalism i was talking about the parasite metaphor your just jumping to conclusions. im not some climate change nutcase i can agree that carbon and heat are increasing but that is correlation not causation. secondly all politics are lame emotional and lack content do you think we were talking about science this whole time? lol. there is logos ethos and pathos its rare that logos shows up in an appeal of politics because we are all by nature emotional beings.

@2059561

what do you think roll smilie

@2059775

ok then give them all citizenship and make them pay taxes.

@2059788

im saying make everyone who wants to be a citizen become one no more tests no more waiting. plenty of people deserve to be here and cant because of our stupid system. even black literary tests werent that bad compared to the hell we put people through. even people who have saved american lives and put their own and their familes live at risk to help us arent spared the dmv*3 torture carnival we have set up.

@2059808

the kkk said the same thing when we opened our gates to Ireland. yet we found them jobs food places to stay and all that jazz it wasnt easy at first but we did it and we were just fine.

@2059819

all but one complaint was about that you have to pay to help people. when did paying become a sin. when did helping people at ones own expense become so wrong.

money is a tool people are not. the confusion of their roles in this world has caused us all suffering. when people are viewed as tools and tools viewed as gods who are the humans then have we not lost all that was human.

@2059842

then go to a different country because thats how taxes work the government spends money that they take from you in any way they choose regardless of how you feel about it. they will even use it to fund ideas and facilities that you don't like without giving a dam what you think. also perhaps a new religion based on what you think of those in need.

@2059854

wow some people dont pay attention. its as if you dont even know who i am. not only have we talked on here before but on that same page we talked about the fact that i work as a landscaper at a church and that im a third generationer on my father side from sweden and 4 gen native american nez perce. and yes i do pay my taxes i have my bank account set up to put aside money from my check for taxes. also weve known eachother from sodahead for like 2 years. even though i have "skin" in this game your right i do have a bit of nerve telling you to move elsewhere. and yes i have a childish vision of fairness what is wrong with children why wouldnt i wish to be like them? at the end of the day i can see its a bit silly but so is isolationism.

@2059927

if you say so lin.

@TheRedJester the kkk said the same thing when we opened our gates to Ireland. yet we found them jobs food places to stay and...

The Irish came here legally without burdening the people already here. No freebies for them at taxpayer's expense.Your argument over the Irish is ridiculous.

@ozzyboy The Irish came here legally without burdening the people already here. No freebies for them at taxpayer's...

i think you miss the point or didnt read all the comments. the idea i purposed is to let them come legally. secondly there were people who were a burden do you honestly think adding 70 million people wouldnt put a strain on people? do you really think they only accepted people who were strong and young? of course not that is silly. age and strength were not the factors involved .

just a quick look at a roster will prove that false really quick.

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/snpim1.htm

http://borderbattles.ssrc.org/H...printable.html

@TheRedJester i think you miss the point or didnt read all the comments. the idea i purposed is to let them come legally...

Your sites prove my point. 70 million workers who did not get help from taxpayers or the government. No free health care, education, housing or welfare through subsidies. Did you not read the 29 questions that were asked at Ellis Island? They did try to screen for unhealthy immigrants. These people came through legally and that is the point. They did not break the law to get here.

@ozzyboy Your sites prove my point. 70 million workers who did not get help from taxpayers or the government. No free health...

unhealthy doesnt mean old or physically weak.
secondly they had indirect help from churches which the state funded and still does to an extent to this day.

@2059991

as many as they come i suppose. there is this thing called equilibrium where it will balance out the numbers to resources over time. if there are to many people and not enough resources people will leave if the is plenty of resources and few people people will come.

@2060267

it is. the entire mongol empire didnt have immigration laws and they were arguable the largest successful empire in history.

Charity and government assistance are completely different things!! Yu can choose to give or not to givIt isn't the place of government to provide charity in any fashion.

@Sheila We? Emma Lazarus wrote it. When it was written we had more room, more freedom and less welfare than now. Immigrants...

Sheila - I've been reading your conversation on immigration. You speak very well to this issue. You have great clarity and understanding of even what the other side has to say. I wish our candidates could speak to this situation as well as you.

Thank you.

@Budwick Sheila - I've been reading your conversation on immigration. You speak very well to this issue. You have great...

Thank you!!

How have you been? I hadn't logged in for a while because I cant seem to figure out how to navigate this site. Where do I find the current polls??

still no response? it seems you have no proof that people dont have the right to the pursuit of happiness. all this amounts to is a no girls allowed sign metaphor.

@2058705

I know what you meant! hello smilie

Adios! Lol!!

Some of Them.

We should not reward criminal behavior. Democrat politicians don't really care about them, they are doing it to garner votes.

We should use them for soylent green.

Especially if they are green with antennaes on their heads

they should be given a chance to become a citizens or aquire some form of legal means to stay in the country, if they can't then perhaps.