Can a person actually eat prayers?

"You pray for the hungry, then you feed them. This is how prayer works" - Pope Francis

Visigothicreigns avatar Religion
3 58

Yes... But they taste like Lima Beans... Yuck

@2009589

praying makes the one saying the prayer have delusions that they actually did something, when in reality they accomplished nothing...they get that all warm and fuzzy feeling LOL

@2010562

Reality is a hard pill for some to swallow,, they would rather live in Fantasy

@2010569

Some of them need the threat of Damnation in order to keep their lives straight...LOL

@2010571

I was beat over the head with religion and at age 8 I began asking questions in the church.. they ask my parents to take me somewhere else.. Never could wrap my head around the nonsense of religion..I am 77 years old and not one person has stepped up to prove their claims . all I get is lip service and excuses for this God...LOL

@2010674

Well don't Question, just close your eyes and blindly follow...LMAO

@2010685

I understood the message by why the need for a Imaginary god to convey the message..anything in the Bible is just common sense, no need for all the mumbo jumbo and confusion.. like if this god wanted man to have a woman, why didn't it just make one like it did adam?? instead of all the BS of the rib and such

@clayslayer I understood the message by why the need for a Imaginary god to convey the message..anything in the Bible is just...

Then this God wasn't too bright,, it commissioned Adam to go name all the animals and pick a mate from them,, Adam couldn't find a suitable mate among the animals.. (why did this god not know that adam couldn't find a mate ) then it decided to make the woman..LMAO

@2010699

Hey Tiffanee, if you read the Bible for yourself you will find truth and not contradictions and confusion. The confusion comes from listening to people that have it wrong.

1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Do not be fooled by other people but seek God for yourself. He will bless you if you do what He says.

Proverbs 13:20 He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.

Phillippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

@JesusLovesU Hey Tiffanee, if you read the Bible for yourself you will find truth and not contradictions and confusion. The...

The bible is full of BS.. Just like the story of Jacob and how he swindled his neighbor out of some of his cattle.. by Putting sticks stripped of their bark in front of the feeding animals and they saw the spotted and striped sticks so when they mated their young came out spotted and striped..Yea right.. giving birth to striped young because they saw some sticks...LMAO.LMAO

@clayslayer The bible is full of BS.. Just like the story of Jacob and how he swindled his neighbor out of some of his...

Hey Clayslayer, the sticks were pealed and placed in front of the water to induce breeding of the speckled goats and lamb that Jacob separated so he could have his own flocks.

You are 77 years old? You must have taken care of yourself pretty well. That's good. Have you ever called upon the name of the Lord, Jesus?

@JesusLovesU Hey Clayslayer, the sticks were pealed and placed in front of the water to induce breeding of the speckled goats...

no need to call on someone that has no evidence of existence...I made it through 22 years in the military, 2 trips to Nam.. all on my own...I am not arrogant enough to think this god did anything for me and neglected all those around me that died... All the horrors I saw traveling the world,, where was this god??? I know I will get the same lip service I always get when questioning this god.. I cant wait for yours...LOL

@2010699

In all my studies I have found over 1000 contradictions in the bible,, however the apologists will say, "That isn't what it means" or, You just don't understand" and I say ." If that isnt what it means why did they write it that way?? then nothing but excuses, excuses..

@clayslayer Then this God wasn't too bright,, it commissioned Adam to go name all the animals and pick a mate from them,, Adam...

Genesis 2:20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

Hey Clayslayer, you have been misinformed. God never told Adam to pick a mate from animals.

Leviticus 18:23 Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.

@JesusLovesU Genesis 2:20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but...

and you believe the bible? LMAO you really need to read it.. this god supposedly made all the animals and after that he found that there was not a mate for adam so he pulled a miracle LMAO..

Gen 2

18 And the LORD God said: 'It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him.' 19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto the man to see what he would call them; and whatsoever the man would call every living creature, that was to be the name thereof. 20 And the man gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found a help meet for him. No woman in the bunch..LMAO evidently this god wasn't too bright..

@clayslayer and you believe the bible? LMAO you really need to read it.. this god supposedly made all the animals and after...

Hey Clayslayer, God did not find out that there was no help meet for Adam, Adam came to that realization. God already knew that Adam didn't have a help meet.

Have you ever asked God to give you wisdom before you read the scriptures? It works.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

To us it seems like a miracle that God made Adam and Eve and other phenomenon, only because we don't understand how it was done, but God knows how He made Adam and Eve.

@JesusLovesU Hey Clayslayer, God did not find out that there was no help meet for Adam, Adam came to that realization. God...

If this God Knew there was no mate for adam,, why did it have to go through all the drama and Make eve at the same time.. OH wat the bible says he did make them at the same time and then it says he made them at different times. which is the lie?? So why al the freaking drama. OH I KNOW,, to make a superstitious story more dramatic... LL you people can come up with the damdest excuses to explain way the absurdities In the creation story..

@2009589

Piece of mind. I know it sounds silly and I agree that praying doesn't do anything tangible. But for some people, it really does bring them piece of mind, gives them them insight, and provides motivation to continue on in this dark, depressing world.

@2009589

An inefficient way to kill time???

@2009589

It makes some people all warm and fuzzy.. they think they have done something when praying when actually that time could have been spent actually getting off their knees and really helping someone..

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

Thou preparest a table before me; my cup runneth over.

@Visigothicreign So prayers can be drank?

That's silly. One can neither eat nor drink prayers.
We do not need to pray, but pray hurts nothing.
The lord has set our table with an abundance of food and fresh water, yet we have soiled it. Defecating in the streams and infesting our cattle with poison. Give up your prayers, give up your modern ways. Eat of the flowers in the field and the fawn and the fowl, then you shall know the Lord's bounty.

@VicZinc Nope

You mean we actually have to go out and help feed the hungry!?!?

@StephenB No.

Yes, because the pope said so.

Of course not.

Oh, I get it! The author is trying (really hard) to be clever and demeaning to God.

no but you can eat god.

@TheRedJester no but you can eat god.

yep they give you parts of it at communion , you know that symbolic cannibal ritual... eat my flesh, drink my blood.. Yum Yum!!

@2010594

I think I like you.

Idk. They sound delicious doe.

If it's a young boy named Prayers I could eat him like a starving African can eat a bowl of rice!

As a metaphor, yes they can. Right now is the holy month of Ramadan and millions of Muslims all over the world are fasting and I know a lot of brothers and sisters who say they feel a little stronger in prayer. Also, the Prophet pbuh used to say that when he prayed all night his prayers sustained him (I don't have the exact reference but that is paraphrased from a hadith in Sahih al-Bukhari).

Anonymous