Trishs avatar Religion
0 63
@2044111

Exactly.

Budwicks avatar Budwick No, I think he was celibate. +1Reply
@Budwick Exactly.

I bet Trish has gotten hold of documents that no one has ever seen or heard of the prove otherwise.

Budwicks avatar Budwick No, I think he was celibate. -1Reply
@2044111

"and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven" BIG HINT If one believes matthew. I think they were married though

PatSharkeys avatar PatSharkey Yes, I think they married. 0Reply
@2044111

Yeah, I saw where you had referenced that passage before. I don't see anything in it that suggests a relationship between Jesus and anyone else.

Budwicks avatar Budwick No, I think he was celibate. 0Reply
@2050581

Why would you even put silly notions like that into peoples heads? People read what you write Trans - you have a responsibility to be accurate. That passage you cited earlier, Matthew 19: 10-12 - and indicating that there is a 'clue' about some relationship that Jesus may have had - that's not cool Trans.

@2044111

I take that, plus several other mistranslated passages as pretty conclusive proof that the Jesus of the bible was a homosexual and had numerous sexual relations with the apostles.
He was likely "bi-", as that was common in those times, and likely had sexual relations with Mary, but would not have married her because his primary attraction was to other males.

@2045319

Pretty straight up analysis of the sexual culture of the era, and of course the traditions carried over for centuries afterwards embodied in the Catholic Church. Not a new theory by any means but certainly one that is discouraged by the modern church.
We have to remember that from early times, up until the Renaissance (and even beyond) women were considered little more than livestock, and all discourse and comradery was male only, including sexual gratification. Women were only "used" for reproduction and often did not even house with the males, as is clear in the New testament.
There are scads of records of homosexual relationships at all class levels from ancient Greece all the way through the Roman empire and into the dark ages. It simply was the way things were done back then. It should be, at the very least, a well regarded possibility.

@2050088

Well no. Other than the obvious: 1) he lived, traveled, slept , dined, and discourse only with men (and Mary) 2) The "boys" were jealous of Mary 3) "Washing the Feet" is a well documented euphemism equivalent to today's "dropping the soap".

But as you know, you're not going to find "and then thye suckth each other off" anywhere in King James.

@AngryAmericanish Well no. Other than the obvious: 1) he lived, traveled, slept , dined, and discourse only with men (and Mary) 2)...

You wrote - "Washing the Feet" is a well documented euphemism equivalent to today's "dropping the soap".

Really? You've been on the trail too long Cowboy. There is no such well documented euphemism.

@Budwick You wrote - "Washing the Feet" is a well documented euphemism equivalent to today's "dropping the soap". Really?...

Hey. I am just responding to OP's question regarding Jesus and Mary. I responded "other" and gave a cogent suggestion for the "third" option, that Jesus was bi-. No biggie. You two make it seem like that would the be the worst thing ever and somehow makes me a "god hater". Whatever. Being a bisexual is no big deal and I love God just as much as the next person.
It only makes sense that he is bisexual because he was a God not a human and therefore loved everyone equally. Geez, give a fellow a break for stating a honest suggestion that makes perfect sense.

@AngryAmericanish Hey. I am just responding to OP's question regarding Jesus and Mary. I responded "other" and gave a cogent...

You responded with - "Washing the Feet" is a well documented euphemism equivalent to today's "dropping the soap".

It's far from a documented anything, it's complete and total BS. It's not an honest or cogent suggestion. It demeans and blasphemes God - the one you claim love 'as much as the next guy'. (I'm sure God will appreciate your level of dedication.)

@Budwick You responded with - "Washing the Feet" is a well documented euphemism equivalent to today's "dropping the...

What! Since when is homosexual behavior performed by a loving god between himself and his best buddies bad? It is not the least bit demeaning or blasphemous. How can you love your homosexual god and not respect his well documented sexual orientation? That, my friend, is totally blasphemy and you should be ashamed for speaking out against his lifestyle.

@AngryAmericanish What! Since when is homosexual behavior performed by a loving god between himself and his best buddies bad? It is...

Not just bad Bob, but an abomination!

You have some fences to mend with your Creator Bob. Blasphemy isn't tolerated either. Good luck with that.

@Budwick Not just bad Bob, but an abomination! You have some fences to mend with your Creator Bob. Blasphemy isn't...

Seriously Budwick your homophobia is showing. There is nothing wrong with a little man-on-man love and Jesus most certainly participated. It is not blasphemy and it is far from an abomination. What do you think "love your brother" means? Why do you think the Catholic Church is a haven for homosexuality all the way back to Peter himself. Saint Paul was a huge advocate of men only relationships. Read his letters!
Get with the program and stop hiding behind your fear of being loved.

@AngryAmericanish Seriously Budwick your homophobia is showing. There is nothing wrong with a little man-on-man love and Jesus most...

Understanding God's clearly spoken word regarding homosexuality is hardly homophobic.

Your ignorance on the topic appears purposeful - no one can be that stupid and operate a computer. So, Lil' Cow Poker, I'm not taking the bait.

You are advised to stop your blasphemy, and pray for forgiveness.

@Budwick Understanding God's clearly spoken word regarding homosexuality is hardly homophobic. Your ignorance on the...

I suggest you stop believing in an asexual god and start living in the real world. I'll believe your god thinks homosexuality is an abomination when you make your wife leave the house every time she get her period (another biblical "abomination") you hypocritical "christian" douchebag.

Try helping to solve real world problems instead of causing them with your homophobia and holier-than-thou attitude.

Some "christian" you are! How many people did you stone today? How many shrimp did you stuff in your sinning face, how short are your devil's sideburns.
You want to see an abomination? Look in the mirror your hypocritical bible thumper.

@AngryAmericanish I suggest you stop believing in an asexual god and start living in the real world. I'll believe your god thinks...

And I suggest that you make amends with God, repent, and pray for forgiveness. Don't even worry about apologizing to me - I have no control over your eternity. But, you do.

@Budwick And I suggest that you make amends with God, repent, and pray for forgiveness. Don't even worry about apologizing...

And I suggest that you make amends with God, repent, and pray for your own soul. Don't even worry about apologizing to me - it is you who spreads false statements about his asexuallity. According to your book he made Adam in his own image, are you saying Adam never had sex? When He specifically told Adam to multiply, I don't think he meant mathematics.

@AngryAmericanish I take that, plus several other mistranslated passages as pretty conclusive proof that the Jesus of the bible was a...

You're very wrong. Jesus was pure and holy and without sin. You might want to read the Bible instead of making up stuff like that to demean our Lord and Savior.

@StarzAbove You're very wrong. Jesus was pure and holy and without sin. You might want to read the Bible instead of making...

Why do you people all think sucking a little cock physical love is a sin? There is nothing impure or unholy about demonstrating your love for another human through anal sex touching or gentle caressing.

Seriously what is the big deal? No wonder the world is so messed up, you people honestly think that it is an insult to be associated with a tender loving act but that refusing to change the name of a football team after being literally begged by the people it offends is somehow patriotic?

What the fuck heck, get a life you homophobes!

No, I do not. Nothing was said about that in the Bible.

Trishs avatar Trish Yes, I think they married. -2Reply
@2044092

Sounds like she doesn't want an opinion that differs from hers....just saying.

I'm not sure. The Bible does not make any explicit claims either way, but Christian tradition is that he was celibate. It is difficult to say for sure because there have been some creative Christian editors over the years--the Bible has not always been a stable document.

based upon the local laws of that time Jews were supposed to marry and multiply and a single woman wuld have been shunned

PatSharkeys avatar PatSharkey Yes, I think they married. +1Reply
@2044128

Jesus was a JEW right? Just going by the mores of that era

@PatSharkey based upon the local laws of that time Jews were supposed to marry and multiply and a single woman wuld have been...

Fascinating Professor Shark. How did the locals feel about prostitutes? And men claiming to be the Messiah? What does your tireless years of study have to say about that?

Budwicks avatar Budwick No, I think he was celibate. -2Reply
@PatSharkey GOOGLE IT LIKE I DID

Oh, I see, you weren't writing something that you learned from study or classes - you went straight to the source of unimpeachable knowledge - Google.

Who really knows what happened back then. Anyone coulda just made up anything and got a bunch of wineos at a bar to testify for them and bam! Instant troof

TomboyJanets avatar TomboyJanet Yes, I think they married. +1Reply
@2064398

Unless he was gay

@2043822

OK.. so why reply?

@OK.. so why reply?

Did you guys hear something? I could sear I heard someone say 'so why reply?' But there's no one here!

Weird, isn't it?

There's no reason to think he was married.

@2044129

Trans, using that logic, I guess we can assume that Jesus loved chocolate milk! I mean, the Bible doesn't say that He doesn't like it, so.....

And, Matthew 19: 10-12 has nothing at all to do with His celibacy.

@2046198

You've been asking a lot from this simple Christian man recently Trans. First to believe that God is an extraterrestrial, and now the sinless Son of God was getting some on the side or got married but failed to have it mentioned in the Bible.

It seems dangerously close to cafeteria style Christianity to me. You know, take a little of this that you can live with, leave that really difficult part though.

Fun to think about though I guess. That's how stories like The Last Temptation of Christ were dreamed I suppose.

@2047958

Jumping from "the Bible doesn't cover every single aspect of existence" to "Jesus may have been married or had a physical relationship with someone" - is kind of a big jump, don't you think?

(In a light hearted tone) I'm all for open mindedness, but when loose papers start blowing around the open mind, I'm thinking it might be time to close a window or two.

@2064403

No evidence he hate gays either

@AngryAmericanish No evidence he hate gays either

Well, there's a teensy-weensy hint when God calls it an abomination.

Anonymous