Do you believe any scriptural text is the word of God?

Just a hint, if you don't believe in God, "no" is your answer. Saying "there is no God" is unnecessary for this post.

5% Yes 82% No 14% Other
Ms_Kriss avatar Religion
2 22

The words of mere mortals who wanted to believe that their writings were inspired by, if not the Word of, the God Almighty they fervently believed in when they were moved to write those ancient texts.

Many of the writings were influenced by the social and political climate of the respective eras in which each of the books of Holy Scripture was written.

However well-intended they may have been, I do not believe that the authors of the Bible were immune from either wittingly or unwittingly allowing personal bias to creep in and influence what they perceived to be the Word of God.

I don't believe any of the messes of violence, hypocrisy and corruption could represent a real deity.

I think many of the passages in the Bible probably were first told (and retold) as part of our pre-history oral tradition.

The bible itself says no man has heard or seen This god..so if that is the case.. how can scripture be the word of this god??? all made up by man and his delusions..

I was always taught that and when I was older, some friends would talk about how the bible contradicts itself, is rubbage, etc. I finally read it myself, several times in fact, and I do still believe that it's the Word of God.

Saying no however it is because I do not believe in a "god"
I lean toward the concept of collective "consciousness"
and I use the word consciousness loosely because I don't think that
the sum of all life can "think" in
the descartian sense of cogito
but perhaps in the sense that a beehive "thinks"
reacting to stimuli and seeking survival

In that sense, all word are the word of "god"
if "god" is the sum of the efforts of living beings

ANY scriptural text, or scriptural text that is in the Bible? As for me, yes, I believe the Bible. There are things that I may not understand, but I still believe.

@beachbum ANY scriptural text, or scriptural text that is in the Bible? As for me, yes, I believe the Bible. There are...

So, you just blindly believe? I'm not trying to bash on you, just making sure I'm understanding right.

@Ms_Kris So, you just blindly believe? I'm not trying to bash on you, just making sure I'm understanding right.

Years of experience, years of learning, has taught me to believe - my whole life is different because of what I have learned from God's word. God has brought me thru so many things. His word is true, and I don't have a need to understand absolutely everything - that would make me God, and I'm real glad I'm not...if that makes sense what I'm saying.

@2065298

It is what men thought this god would say if it existed..

It's questionable. When word is passed on for so long it's bound to be misinterpreted or changed up a bit.

It's obvious, if it were the "word of God" then there would be zero mistakes in it.