+12

I know this is long, but it is thought provoking. In regards to the Duggars. Have to read it to decide if you agree or disagree.

I know everybody is laughing about this Josh Duggar story. Oh, a DUGGAR on Ashley Madison, it's so rich! I wish more people would talk about Anna. I normally keep things light on Facebook, but let's talk about Anna. Let me tell you: Anna Duggar is in the worst position she could possibly be in right now. Anna Duggar was crippled by her parents by receiving no education, having no work experience (or life experience, for that matter) and then was shackled to this loser because his family was famous in their religious circle. Anna Duggar was taught that her sole purpose in life, the most meaningful thing she could do, was to be chaste and proper, a devout wife, and a mother. Anna Duggar did that! Anna Duggar followed the rules that were imposed on her from the get-go and this is what she got in reward- a husband who she found out, in the span of 6 months, not only molested his own sisters, but was unfaithful to her in the most humiliating way possible. While she was fulfilling her "duty" of providing him with four children and raising them. She lived up to the standard that men set for her of being chaste and Godly and in return, the man who demanded this of her sought women who were the opposite. "Be this," they told her. She was. It wasn't enough.

What is Anna Duggar supposed to do? She can't divorce because the religious environment she was brought up would blame her and ostracize her for it. Even if she would risk that, she has no education and no work experience to fall back on, so how does she support her kids? From where could she summon the ability to turn her back on everything she ever held to be sacred and safe? Her beliefs, the very thing she would turn to for comfort in this kind of crisis, are the VERY REASON she is in this predicament in the first place. How can she reconcile this? Her parents have utterly, utterly failed her. Think of this: somewhere, Anna Duggar is sitting in prayer, praying not for the strength to get out and stand on her own, but for the strength to stand by this man she is unfortunately married to. To lower herself so that he may rise up on her back.

As a mother of daughters, this makes me ill. Parents, WE MUST DO BETTER BY OUR DAUGHTERS. Boys, men, are born with power. Girls have to command it for themselves. They aren't given it. They assume it and take it. But you have to teach them to do it, that they can do it. We HAVE to teach our daughters that they are not beholden to men like this. That they don't have to marry a man their father deems "acceptable" and then stay married to that man long, long after he proved himself UNACCEPTABLE. Educate them. Empower them. Give them the tools they need to survive, on their own if they must. Josh Duggar should be cowering in fear of Anna Duggar right now. Cowering. He isn't, but he should be. He should be quaking in fear that the house might fall down around them if he's in the same room as she. Please, instill your daughters with the resolve to make a man cower if he must. To say "I don't deserve this, and my children don't deserve this." I wish someone had ever, just once, told Anna she was capable of this. That she knew she is. As for my girls, I'll raise them to think they breathe fire.

Jessica Morgan | FacebookJessica Morgan is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Jessica Morgan and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=33000094
shaugnesseys avatar People & Celebrities
2 7

It is a sad thing, and yet.... She could..she could find her own power.

This is exactly why people need to understand partially why Josh Duggar is the way he is. Stop raising people in restrictive environments. Sexual deviance is more common when people are told how evil anything sexual is outside of marriage. Education needs to be commonplace about sex, it needs to not be so demonized...then less of this will happen.

@Ms_Kris This is exactly why people need to understand partially why Josh Duggar is the way he is. Stop raising people in...

Yeah, that's true. When I watched the show the parents didn't even allow their children to give frontal hugs to the opposite sex. No holding hands or kissing. I understand saving sex for marriage, but restricting your children from dating and hugging people is a bit overboard.

Yeah, I feel bad for Anna and the children. She stuck by his side despite all the perverted things he has done. Technically she has the biblical right to divorce him since he committed Infedility. I guess she's staying with him for the children's sake. That's why it's important to make sure you get an education and good skills to take care of yourself incase things like this happen. It's also not a good idea to rush into marriage like these people do. Getting to know someone and their demeanor is crucial. It takes a long time to actually get to know a person and when I used to watch their show, the children would marry off after six or nine months of knowing someone. I'm not a perfect Christian but even I know God doesn't want you to rush into marriage if you're not up for the challenge. I hope that Anna gets through this issue. Josh Duggar does not deserve her.