+193

People who purposefully make their diesel truck engines blow out thicker, blacker smoke are either idiots or just don't want to be friends with anyone who might encounter them on the road. Or both, amirite?

I say idiots because if they think blowing more smoke means more power, it doesn't. It's just a waste of fuel and is nothing but a cry for attention. Just like racing strips and spoilers on Honda Civics.
I say nobody wants to be their friend because anyone who's attitude is, "fuck yall even if i don't know ya... could be a sweet old lady.. who cares?? Eat muh smoke!! Yee haw!" is not a desirable quality of a friend. Even with the benefit of the doubt that maybe they just don't realize they're creating a hazardous smoke screen on the road behind them, they're still oblivious idiots.

StickCavemans avatar Cars & Transportation
0 15
The voters have decided that StickCaveman is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@2080787

Look up "Coal Rollers". They're the ones who do this (mostly teens with rich parents). Coal rollers are only hurting the diesel industry, speaking of which is a much more efficient fuel than gasoline. Those are the people I'm referring to.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +1Reply
@2081252

I think it's mostly with after market add-ons.

Come to find out, some do it as a form of protest against "Obama and all those Prius lovin hippies". It's a spite thing. Except it's only going to create a platform for further legislation regarding diesels.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are 0Reply

I did not know you could even do that...I need to get out more.

Hopss avatar Hops Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Hops I did not know you could even do that...I need to get out more.

It's actually a neat trick in a sciency sort of way, but there's no real logical reason to do it.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +2Reply
@2080905

Exactly.

It's probably about drawing attention to one's self. Sure, it sounds stupid if you aren't about that, but it's not such a foreign concept.

@2081894

That's especially what I hate about it. Admittedly, blowing smoke is pretty cool but not when it's on other people; especially those who didn't do anything to "deserve" it. It's like a lot of them just assume people who drive "rice burners" are hippies or environmentalists who deserve some payback.