+14

It baffles you how there are people who can be so cold and indifferent towards refugee issues. Amirite?

fuzalas avatar People & Celebrities
2 82
The voters have decided that fuzala is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Anyone who is a parent and has a heart has to feel for this father. And this is just one man's story. There might be hundreds or thousands of equally heart wrenching stories we will never know.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/03/e...turkey-canada/

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge Yeah You Are +5Reply

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +4Reply
@fuzala

You could easily exchange "If you don't like refugees coming into your country" for "If you think 'all life' is sacred" and that too makes perfect sense.

ForkNdaRoads avatar ForkNdaRoad Yeah You Are +6Reply
@2085473

I'm talking about bombing countries for their oil and hindering any progress they made, and daring to ask "why can't you be advanced like us?"

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +1Reply
@2085770

I'm not middle eastern

Nice assumption, though

Good thing not all of us Americans are that hateful

You don't care about innocent people
That is a problem

With globalization, the world gets smaller and smaller. Your mentality is harmful socially and economically

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply
@2086139

You're the one dehumanizing victims
and you're saying I don't understand

Seems to me that that's all you

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are -1Reply
@2086185

You disagree with the post meaning you don't find it baffling that people are cold and indifferent to refugees

In that case, I don't expect you to see what I'm saying or understand their reasons

Just because we don't know the reasons does not mean there aren't good ones

And it's not in the direct line of vision

you don't see this happening in front of you

You see it through edited footage

@2086203

Yeah, you can both keep assuming what I think and acting like I'm not right here un smilie

@2086207

You keep saying it's the last comment

I could say the same about you

@2086274

I'm not being paranoid

There you go again

I'm stating what I saw here where you teamed up and acted like you knew what I'm saying

" oh she doesn't know. She's so ignorant." "She thinks such and such"

No I don't

Apparently I can't comprehend, but you can't see your own faults roll smilie

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are -2Reply
@2086194

Just because I recognize the issue doesn't mean have the solutions

@2086276

Uh no

Making stuff up again

When you called refugees ANIMALISTIC, that's dehumanizing them in order to feel more comfortable neglecting them

Yeah I rail against inhumanity. Sue me

@2087414

Wow even an animal has empathy

You can't even rationalize what people do when they're beyond freaked and upset

@2087560

you're on MY post bothering me
I should be telling you to leave me alone and stop harassing me every time you comment on my posts

I can't even say happy Eid and celebrate a holiday without your bullying

You started this and telling me to leave you alone? Don't comment if you don't want

Anyways, block me. I don't care
I still see all comments and posts in order to moderate the site

@2087575

You're complaining about being left alone and I'm playing victim?

I didn't say you CANT comment on my post

You're the one saying "leave me alone before I block you" on MY post
Makes no sense because YOURE choosing to reply and acting like that requires being "left alone" so you can say whatever you want and I shouldn't reply? Doesn't work like that

So people should not publicly celebrate Christmas if a Christian guy shoots some people down? That's called prejudice and saying that would be ridiculous

@2086115

Are those the facts or are they just made up details so the oppressors can inflict more harm?

@2086142

Because footage cannot be manipulated to show only one point of view?

@2086181

Are you?

You seem to accept what you see no questions

@2086087

Actually Saudi Arabia has the most immigrants in the world

And YOU said "I don't care if YOUR people kill each other off until none are left" after listing middle eastern countries

Sounds like cold hatred to pretty much anyone and an assumption of who my people are

My people are all people. I don't show care for one group, and then act cold to another

yeah, I don't mind. I live a charmed life compared to most of the world with a cushie room and food whenever I want. If my hard work can ease suffering so be it

I wonder if you can even sympathize what it's like, but all you see is animalistic. Dehumanizing victims tells me you don't get it all

And one country treats its citizens bad so other countries should treat them poorly, too?

And the fact that you're the only person on amirite who protested me celebrating a fixed holiday is actually eye opening and disturbing. If it was a holiday celebrated by the majority, and a Christian committed a horrendous act, you would not have protested that holiday as this has happened many times

@2086110

Did I say you care about what I think?

Because I wouldn't make that assumption

The oppressor blames the oppressed for oppression

We are the oppressors telling victims to suck it up and do things we ourselves wouldn't do

Indifferent to whatever suffering we can't see directly and dehumanizing victims to take away what little guilt there is

@2086137

I know the history. There was exploitation of the natives. TO THIS DAY, their reservations are being stripped and taken advantage of

No, colonist didn't have food stamps. The natives shared food with them out of their kindness and were stabbed in the back for it and they're still being stabbed

@2085989

Approval voting...

ForkNdaRoads avatar ForkNdaRoad Yeah You Are 0Reply
@2085824

Well, the alternative is to risk new leadership that nearly 2/3 of the country doesn't want.

@fuzala

Damn it! Did we bomb Mexico?

@Budwick Damn it! Did we bomb Mexico?

U.S. involvement in Latin America has been pretty shitty for Latin America

Even beyond war refugees, just generally speaking, I do not agree with the notion that one individual has the right to restrict the movement of another individual.

The only exception to this is private property, one cannot intrude on the private property of another.

But this planet belongs to us all. No govt., person or group of persons has the inherent authority to restrict the movement of nonviolent peoples. That's the beginning and end of it for me.

ForkNdaRoads avatar ForkNdaRoad Yeah You Are +2Reply
@2086186

We don't. That isn't something we know now or can ever really know ahead of someone exhibiting violent behavior. Even if we could be certain who is violent and who is not, there is no guarantee that violent individuals won't make their way into this country.

We live in a world of risk, no system of governance or particular policy will change that.

ForkNdaRoads avatar ForkNdaRoad Yeah You Are +1Reply
@2087556

One of my good friends from childhood, his parents immigrated here from South Africa, they didn't want to let his mother in because she had no finger prints. A freak accident led to it, but she was eventually able to stay.

Hardly a criminal, she's a productive member of society, they've been Americans, officially, for around 40 years now.

I just don't think blanket policies like that are entirely fair to all nor do I think they prevent violent people from gaining entry into America.

Fact is, our citizens commit more violence against one another than immigrants against Americans.

@2087697

Yeah, it isn't really a new problem, it's a classic technique and like I said, they're already pretty heavily scrutinized.

Even so, it isn't as if it's difficult to gain entry into the country. Even having govt. allow them entry is a check and balance above people simply walking over the southern border.

The broader point being, if someone with ill-intent is determined enough to get in and commit violence, there is no guarantee they won't. As we've seen in recent history, many needn't even do that when it's more efficient to convince Americans to do the deed themselves. And it bears repeating that Americans, not foreigners, are the primary source of violence in America.

@2085972

Are you referring to roadways or just generally speaking?

@2085988

Generally, a person may move into or through the private property of another with the owners consent; roadways not withstanding as they're not private per se.

This type of consent doesn't extend throughout the entirety of the land though, not as it respects the citizenry or even the govt. and for two reasons.

a) The govt. isn't a private entity, but a public one exerting only those powers the people grant to it.

b) Not even the whole citizenry owns all of the land within the US, therefore they cannot consent to govt. exerting control over such even if they wanted.

Otherwise there could be no private property as everyone would have a stake in everyones property.

Despite the fact we grant powers to our govt. to protect our rights, we cannot grant it a power that even we don't have. And an individual alone does not have the power to dictate the movement of another person throughout land that they do not even own.

Now, I'll concede that my take on this subject is not the majority pov in my country, or probably anywhere, but it is consistent with the concept of natural rights.

I hope this makes more sense.

@ForkNdaRoad Even beyond war refugees, just generally speaking, I do not agree with the notion that one individual has the right...

Not into national sovereignty or private property, eh?

Hey, by the way, I'm coming over tonight to pick up our big screen TV - you've kinda been hoggin it since you bought it. I want to use it now. Please, clean it up before I get there.

@Budwick Not into national sovereignty or private property, eh? Hey, by the way, I'm coming over tonight to pick up our...

More into the right to travel.

Your inability to read my distinction between private and public property isn't my problem.

ForkNdaRoads avatar ForkNdaRoad Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Budwick I see. The right to travel - got it. So, I'll come by after dinner time for the TV, OK?

You need some new material, ignoring plain word is getting kinda old.

It's interesting that you believe taking my tv would infringe on my personal property, yet you don't realize how you telling another person who they may or may not invite into their home, rent their homes to or employ is equally intrusive.

@ForkNdaRoad You need some new material, ignoring plain word is getting kinda old. It's interesting that you believe taking my...

So, I can come over without an invitation? Is that what you are suggesting?

I should rent a home to someone in the country illegally? That wouldn't be very prudent. Who knows what other crimes the person might think is OK? Who knows if he'll be fired from his job for being illegal?

@Budwick So, I can come over without an invitation? Is that what you are suggesting? I should rent a home to someone in...

If I want to rent my home to a foreigner, supply them with a job at my business and offer them permanent residency in my home that is my right, is it not?

Or am I not allowed to use my own private property as I wish?

@Budwick Sure, as long as you, the foreigner and the job are all legal.

So no, I can't use my own private property as I see fit.

So it's you that wants to limit the use of private property not I, thanks for acknowledging that... and even if you didn't mean to.

@Budwick That's what you think private property rights are? Wow, that's really stupid.

That's the difference between you and I Budwick, you think freedoms must be "legal," I think they're inherent and self-evident.

What you call stupid, I call consistent.

ForkNdaRoads avatar ForkNdaRoad Yeah You Are +4Reply
@ForkNdaRoad That's the difference between you and I Budwick, you think freedoms must be "legal," I think they're inherent and...

Yeah, I think it's more like - 'That's the difference between you and everyone else.' Even libertarians wouldn't stand for harboring criminals based on your private property rights.

What else do you think you can get away with on your own property?

@Budwick Yeah, I think it's more like - 'That's the difference between you and everyone else.' Even libertarians wouldn't...

I'm content being set at variance to others based on my principles, really doesn't bother me at all.

I'm a voluntaryist, I know many other libertarians who share this opinion. Many don't. That's their right. I also disagree with most libertarians on states rights issues.

Only when you realize that simply moving doesn't make you a criminal will you also see this in no way constitutes "harboring criminals."

If I have an foreign, "undocumented" in-law and I want to move them here and employ them permanently, who are you to tell me I cannot use my property to provide them a home or a job? Who are you to even vote on such a thing.

Suggesting this alone constitutes "harboring a criminal" is as absurd as if I were to compare your demand that immigrants be "legal and documented" to the "papers please" nazis. Ridiculous, but about all you're left to work with after being outed as supporting the restriction of private property rights. So...