-1

This is murder ! amirite?

On Wednesday, the House Judiciary Committee held the first in a series of congressional hearings into allegations that Planned Parenthood is illegally selling body parts from aborted babies, a claim first launched by the pro-life Center for Medical Progress in its recently published undercover videos. In the tapes, Planned Parenthood officials discuss compensation for fetal tissue harvested from aborted babies and handed over to researchers.

During the hearing, Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) referenced the dissenting opinion of Justice Anthony Kennedy following the 2000 Supreme Court case Stenberg v. Carhart, which struck down a Nebraska law banning some late-term abortions. Afterward, Goodlatte asked witness Priscilla Smith, a director and senior fellow at the Program for the Study of Reproductive Justice at Yale Law School, a very simple question regarding a particularly gruesome form of abortion. After a little verbal wiggling, Smith answers pretty directly.

Goodlatte quoted from Justice Anthony Kennedy’s dissenting opinion:

“The fetus can be alive at the beginning of the dismemberment process and can survive for at time while its limbs are being torn off.

Dr. Carhart agreed that ‘when you pull out a piece of the fetus, let’s say an arm or a leg, and remove that, at the time just prior to the removal of a portion of the fetus, the fetus is alive.’ Carhart also has observed fetal heartbeat in ultrasound with extensive parts of the fetus removed, and testified that near dismemberment of a limb does not always cause death, because he knows of a physician who removed the arm of a fetus only to have the fetus go on to be born as a living child with one arm.

At the conclusion of a [dilation and evacuation] abortion, no intact fetus remains. In Dr. Carhart’s words, the abortionist is left with ‘a tray full of pieces.’”

Goodlatte continued, in his own words:

Justice Kennedy said, "The fetus, in many cases, dies just as a human adult or child would. It bleeds to death as it is torn limb from limb."

Ms. Smith, do you believe this practice represents a humane way to die?

Smith responded:

Let me separate which is something that keeps getting confused here in this hearing again and again, which is procedures performed on pre-viable fetuses and procedures that were performed on viable fetuses. Both the women here on this panel are here today because they were both viable at the time when their procedures were performed. What you’re talking about is pre-viability procedures performed on a fetus that cannot survive outside –

Goodlatte interrupted:

Maybe, maybe not. Justice Kennedy was talking about a procedure that was performed on a child that was born alive with only one arm, because the other had been pulled off already during the abortion procedure. My question to you is – are you going to answer it – is this a humane way to die? Video may be seen here : http://www.mrctv.org/blog/abort...g-fetus-humane

Abortion Supporter: Dismembering a LIVE Fetus Is 'Humane'During a congressional hearing Wednesday, one abortion supporter told members of Congress that this gruesome form of late-term abortion is "humane."http://www.mrctv.org/blog/abortion-supporter-tells-congress-dismembering-fetus-humane
buccsoldbats avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
0 48
The people are still deciding if buccsoldbat is right or wrong. Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Why are these pieces of babies used for human medical research if in fact they are not yet human. There are pigs and monkeys available right?

Yes, it iis murder - clear and simple. In fact, it's even worse than that! It's torture. Calling it anything else, to me is inexplicable.

I don't know who PP is suppose to be, but take a time machine back five decades ago, and you will the truth. Before Roe v Wade, there were only about five states offered legal abortion.

@Budwick PP is planned Parenthood. And welcome back to the present day!

Really? With this mentality about abortion, I would have sworn I was still in the 50's.

@dru18 Really? With this mentality about abortion, I would have sworn I was still in the 50's.

So, 65 years pass and now it's OK to kill unborn children?

Taking the life of an unborn child is never cool, hip or modern - I'm sorry, your position is indefensible no matter what date it is.

@Budwick So, 65 years pass and now it's OK to kill unborn children? Taking the life of an unborn child is never cool, hip...

I never used those adjectives like "cool" or "hip", and you know it. Abortion is ugly, but at times, very necessary.

@dru18 I never used those adjectives like "cool" or "hip", and you know it. Abortion is ugly, but at times, very necessary.

Necessary? To save the mothers life perhaps? I'm open to discuss those situations. They represent less than 1% of all pregnancies.

@dru18 "To save the mother's life......?" Yeah, something like that.

I'm open to discuss those situations. They represent less than 1% of all pregnancies.

@Budwick I'm open to discuss those situations. They represent less than 1% of all pregnancies.

Of course it does, and late term abortions also exist in the 1% numbers.

@dru18 Of course it does, and late term abortions also exist in the 1% numbers.

Cool, so you agree on preventing some abortions. That just leaves the other 98% to nails down.

@Budwick Cool, so you agree on preventing some abortions. That just leaves the other 98% to nails down.

No I don't agree to preventing any abortions. Only education and good birth control can cut down the numbers.

@dru18 No I don't agree to preventing any abortions. Only education and good birth control can cut down the numbers.

Then whats up with the nit picking on this kind of abortion situation or another. Just say it - you are in favor of infanticide - killing babies. It's gross, disgusting, immoral and hideous - but that's what you think is proper. All that other crap is just deflection. Maybe to keep your mind off of what you are trying to defend. (That may be your conscience - listen to it.)

@Budwick Then whats up with the nit picking on this kind of abortion situation or another. Just say it - you are in favor...

The only people who were in favor of infanticide, were the Nazi's. Don't even go there. I just love the adjectives you are putting in my mouth, like "proper,cool, and hip."

You would no more control this "infanticide" as you put it, than the man in the moon. Women will still find ways to abort a baby.

Does this ring any bells?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic....m1tbtxr8YVOatg

@dru18 The only people who were in favor of infanticide, were the Nazi's. Don't even go there. I just love the adjectives...

People kill people every day. They do it over and over for all kinds of reasons, and most often we can't see it coming; they just whack the victim one day. Other than making penalties very for murder very severe, there's not much that can be done to stop it. (Thankfully, violent crime stats have dropped dramatically - ironically even more as gun sales skyrocketed over the past seven years).

Abortion is a special kind of murder. The victim is helpless - there's not a thing the victim can or could do to save itself from it's own mother. Making matters worse the death of the unborn child is sanctioned by law. Mom has the power of life or death over her child. But, we can see it coming. It takes planning, setting appointments etc. (No lengthy appeals process as afforded to convicted murderers though)

But, defunding Planned Parenthood wouldn't put an end to abortions. You can rest est DD_Dixon - Mom's across the land can lay waste to their progeny with gay abandon - just not on the tax payers dime. So, no need to worry about dum ass women ramming coat hangers in themselves. (This must come as such a relief to you! You're welcome)

@Budwick People kill people every day. They do it over and over for all kinds of reasons, and most often we can't see it...

"But, defunding Planned Parenthood wouldn't put an end to abortions. You can rest est DD_Dixon - Mom's across the land can lay waste to their progeny with gay abandon - just not on the tax payers dime. So, no need to worry about dum **** women ramming coat hangers in themselves. (This must come as such a relief to you! You're welcome)"
0 R

Then what is your point? Do you hate abortions or just government funded ones?

@dru18 "But, defunding Planned Parenthood wouldn't put an end to abortions. You can rest est DD_Dixon - Mom's across the...

My point is that there should be no issue about defunding Planned Parenthood.

What's your point?

@Budwick My point is that there should be no issue about defunding Planned Parenthood. What's your point?

Actually I made your point. You are okay with abortions, just not ones from the tax payer's dollar. And that is where "Right to Life" always falls on it's butt.

@dru18 Actually I made your point. You are okay with abortions, just not ones from the tax payer's dollar. And that is...

I think I've made myself clear that I'm against abortion. As typical pro-abortionists do, you start whining about special circumstances. When I wouldn't bite on your bait - you made assumptions.

While you are playing word games, 3,000 - 4,000 babies are destroyed everyday. Screw you and your agenda. You are sick and immoral.

If you were really against abortions you would be pushing more sex education, and more birth control. That is the only way you will get the abortion numbers down, not "Pro-CONTROL.

@dru18 If you were really against abortions you would be pushing more sex education, and more birth control. That is the...

More Sex Education? Really? If they don't know how to prevent getting pregnant with all the programs and education already available - maybe it's the mothers that should be aborted.

Oh yes, but the older one gets, the more they realize they are still a student.

@dru18 Oh yes, but the older one gets, the more they realize they are still a student.

I appreciate the open mind. Please, learn compassion for the unborn.

Did you know everything at 16? I sure didn't.

I don't have to learn, it is part of my DNA and part of my upbringing. I feel compassion for every living thing. This life is very hard on ones who are living it, and even hard on those who haven't entered it yet.

It's not about Mom??

And there lies the problem.

@dru18 It's not about Mom?? And there lies the problem.

Mom isn't the one that is going to die.

Now, in cases where she is at risk, obviously the answer isn't so clear cut.

Leave it to the right not to get all the facts and take something and run with it.

@dru18 Leave it to the right not to get all the facts and take something and run with it.

Leave it to the left to complain about the facts being incomplete or wrong and not bother to explain.

@Budwick Leave it to the left to complain about the facts being incomplete or wrong and not bother to explain.

Explain what?

You want abortion to become illegal again, and it is not going to happen. So the right is desperately jumping on anything they can get.

@dru18 Explain what? You want abortion to become illegal again, and it is not going to happen. So the right is...

The right is not advocating for illegal abortions but how about some truth on the subject? PP does do some good but it is known for abortions. It's the lying and complete disregard for the life of a baby. A woman
would have plenty of time in the first trimester to decide if she was qualified to be a mother. Why wait until the child is fully developed and then decide to kill it.
How do you discount the sales talk in the videos and the lamborghini comment? I guess all that was "taken out of context" amirite?

@ozzyboy The right is not advocating for illegal abortions but how about some truth on the subject? PP does do some good but...

Late term abortions have already been outlawed in most states. So once again, the right is beating a dead horse.

Why have one? If the mother's life is at stake. That does happen.

@dru18 Late term abortions have already been outlawed in most states. So once again, the right is beating a dead horse...

Of course, if the mother's life is at stake she should have the option. The lefties have said many times that women should be able to abort right up to delivery. How barbaric! Late term abortions are still allowed in places. The ugly Whatshername, head of the DNC, had a very hard time ducking the question because she is in favor of late term abortion.

Why choose the extraordinary case in which the mothers life is at stake? Obviously, that's an incredibly difficult factor. Fortunately, it comes up in only a small percentage of all abortions.

Were you aware that there have been some children born after they started dismembering the fetus? Yep, kids born missing arms, etc.

No, were not beating a dead horse, that seems to more of a progressive thing. We're talking about removing public funding for Planned Parenthood - period.

@Budwick Why choose the extraordinary case in which the mothers life is at stake? Obviously, that's an incredibly difficult...

And late term abortions also come "up in only a small percentage of all abortions."

Public funding stays. You will only hurt poor women by removing it, and you will not stop abortions.

@dru18 And late term abortions also come "up in only a small percentage of all abortions." Public funding stays. You will...

Percentage wise, you might be right. But, late term abortions are still performed at a rate greater than one per hour.

By the way - you only recognized that late term abortions exist - never said a word indicating what should be done about it. Oversight? Don't really care? Hoped I wouldn't notice?

We'll have to see if government is willing to over ride the people once again and continue funding of PP. As I pointed out earlier, PP has plenty of private funding to murder children.

@Budwick Percentage wise, you might be right. But, late term abortions are still performed at a rate greater than one...

Of course public funding will be allowed. Do you also realize that PP helps poor women with early detection of cancers?

@dru18 Of course public funding will be allowed. Do you also realize that PP helps poor women with early detection of cancers?

Don't count on that public funding. The ghoulish behavior of PP as exposed with those recent videos has a lot of public attention. Not everyone is so comfortable with dissecting a living baby as you. And, there are hundreds / thousands of clinics already established that can and do provide the same services to women.

@Budwick Don't count on that public funding. The ghoulish behavior of PP as exposed with those recent videos has a lot of...

I will be counting on the public funding. I live in one of the reddest states there is, Missouri, run by a Republican Legislation. They have tried to stop the funding to no avail.

Suppose we look at everyone at least paying for their own abortion? We'll see how it goes from there.

PS - You have no idea what I want - until I tell you what I want.

@Budwick Suppose we look at everyone at least paying for their own abortion? We'll see how it goes from there. PS - You...

And what you will get is the rich women flying over to Europe to get an abortion and the poor ones going to the butchers in the alley.

@dru18 And what you will get is the rich women flying over to Europe to get an abortion and the poor ones going to the...

You realize that about 60% of Planned Parenthood funding is from private resources. There will be plenty of money to murder lot's of children for free. And the rich women could go to Europe if they want, or PP might let them pay right here so their kids can get torn apart by American doctors.

It is what it is. Don't like abortions? Then don't have one.

@dru18 It is what it is. Don't like abortions? Then don't have one.

How clever. But, it's not about you and me or even Mom for that matter - it's about the little one, the unborn child. And, he/she doesn't have a voice in the matter.