+20

Jeb Bush's statement that his brother kept us safe is further evidence of just how divorced from reality some republican candidates truly are, amirite?

And his comment garnered applause... wow. How do you take credit for keeping Americans safe when almost 3,000 people died on your watch? He may as well have said: "9/11 didn't count." imho What do you think about this? Did W. Bush "keep us safe?"

Governor Jeb Bush: My brother kept us safeGovernor Jeb Bush fires back at Donald Trump's criticisms of the George W. Bush administration during the Republican debate.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUoegbfdkdc
ForkNdaRoads avatar
5 88
The voters have decided that ForkNdaRoad is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@2097005

Exactly, even more frightening than the statement is that the room erupted with applause! no smilie

ForkNdaRoads avatar ForkNdaRoad Yeah You Are +3Reply
@2097016

Well said!

@2097025

EVERYONE needs to get out and vote..IMO,if
you don't vote,you're right to bitch about who's in office is revoked!

@2097007

You're not alone, this makes no sense to me either.

ForkNdaRoads avatar ForkNdaRoad Yeah You Are +2Reply
@2097023

You poor thing, I couldn't endure that. lol I only caught the bigger points while reading the news this morning.

I'm a libertarian, but I actually like Sanders. He seems like the only person with a grip on reality. I wouldn't vote for a single one of the current repub crop, I would sooner vote for Saunders and that's saying something...

@2097116

That's exactly what I like about him, he's open about what he really supports and he most undoubtedly sticks to the principles he espouses.

That's more than can be said for 95% of the GOP. Just right out of the gate, he's surpassed them by walking his talk.

I'm not a socialist, but I have more respect for one who flies the title proudly than some neocon who rants about liberty yet doesn't realize they're a corporativist, you know?

When I've told a few con friends that I like Saunders, that's the first thing they say: "He's a socialist." It's always fun to point out that by their own definition of "socialist" our system of govt. is a "socialist" system ;)

ForkNdaRoads avatar ForkNdaRoad Yeah You Are +1Reply
@2097023

I have one HUGE complaint about Fiorina..
her LIE...she said this..
“a fully formed fetus on the table, its heart beating, its legs kicking, while someone says, ‘We have to keep it alive to harvest its brain.’”,and she refuses to admit it!
Fox news Chris Wallace told her to her face,
“Do you acknowledge what every fact checker has found…that it was only described on the video…there is no actual footage that you just mentioned?”She still
says SHE saw it..!
This is no longer about Planned Parenthood’s character – it’s about hers.

@2101805

I agree,up to that point,then anything else she said didn't matter.

@2101813

omg smilie I didn't see it,so I'm not convinced..and
BTW..STFU! LOL

@2097023

Sanders --really 😳
He was on the morning shows today wondering why there was no attention given to climate change, or income inequality, or taxing those bad rich people more. Exactly what are you supporting out of that list of foolishness and socialist rhetoric.

@2097048

No doubt, truly pitiful...

@2097724

Barring the inconsistencies surrounding 9/11, even within the confines of our govt.'s own "official" narrative a statement like this is absurd. And that's granting them far more credibility than they deserve.

@2097724

reasoning from and Obama voter, they have BDS still.

@2099195

so your a fence sitting libertarian.

@2099272

I reserve my right too, but the losers that are running for president republican and democrats all suck, except for maybe two Cruz and Trump. Can't take the party out of the politics it's just the way some people think.

Actually George Bush DID prevent another attack and please be aware that there were certainly many more attacks planned.

@2097046

Don't be petty Juice -
You're ready to hang the whole thing from 9/11 on GW and you know that's not true either.

@2097109

I understood perfectly. Don't write things you don't mean - good lesson for ya!

@2097954

I don't even know what you mean by Top Billing - so, I guess you can count me as "I don't care".

@2097109

You BDS people forget that congress mainly democrats voted for the war in Iraq, and his decisions were based on information from his own intel which now you say is false, but Obama has bad intel and you say nothing. Little hypocrisy, you have no leg to stand on.

@2097109

Obl would not have been an issue if Clinton would have taken him out when he had him in his sight. So give us a break.

@Budwick Don't be petty Juice - You're ready to hang the whole thing from 9/11 on GW and you know that's not true either.

If he's ready to take credit for what happened after 9/11 then he should take blame for what happened on 9/11.

@2097798

Exactly, that's not how his supporters see it though.

This is the crowd that thinks the PATRIOT Act was a response to 9/11 and that W. outsourced a war that would have otherwise taken place here... even though neither of those things is true.

Our govt. created every bit of this shit and one need look no further than their attempt to assassinate Qasim for confirmation of that...

@Budwick Fork - That's crazy right on the surface! No parsing required.

Scarcely crazy, it's the SOP of most presidents, all the glory, none of the blame.

I simply think 9/11 counts, it's evidence of, at bare minimum, his gross mismanagement as potus. And that's being kind.

@2098247

Thank you! If you have it in copy paste form already and can simply send it, I'd love the chronology, would be quite efficient and I'd def attribute!

If not, no worries :)

I guess you are unable to fill in any blanks at all, so let me help.

What Jeb meant was that there were no more terrorist attacks in the USA while he was president. Does that help? Or are you too divorced from reality to understand?

@Budwick I guess you are unable to fill in any blanks at all, so let me help. What Jeb meant was that there were no more...

Nice of you to translate for him. lol

Thanks for reaffirming my point though, he's basically suggesting that 9/11 didn't count.

@ForkNdaRoad Nice of you to translate for him. lol Thanks for reaffirming my point though, he's basically suggesting that 9/11...

Actually, I was translating for you!

And, I see you still choose to find your own meaning. No sense in talking with you.

@Budwick Actually, I was translating for you! And, I see you still choose to find your own meaning. No sense in...

That's unnecessary, I have a dictionary.

Merriam Webster's
Safe:
1: free from harm or risk : unhurt
2: secure from threat of danger, harm, or loss

Ar you sure it's me choosing my own meanings? lol

@2097950

You can stick the CCA comment where the Sun don't shine, but otherwise I need to give credit where credit is due.

I think after 911 the country came together and George W did protect us from further harm he took the fight to their shores not ours.

@2097731

There is one way that Iraq connects to 9/11, but conservatives will never admit to it.

Our CIA used the Ba'ath in Iraq party to take out Qasim, and indirectly install Hussein, who they promptly armed with chemical weapons / nerve gas, in hopes he'd finish the job they started in Iran; i.e. ousting the democrat govt. and reinstalling the royals.

When Hussein started using the gas, the CIA went into hysterics, trying to figure out how they could deny their involvement in his acquisition of the gas.

Enter, the Gulf War. But that didn't get the job done, it only leveled the country. We followed up with crippling sanctions, those sanctions inevitably led to the deaths of some 500k innocent Iraqis, mostly children, who couldn't even receive medicine in their war torn state.

This figure was cited directly by OBL on several occasions and was the most notable of several alleged catalysts for 9/11.

These are easily verified facts, our own unclassified documents evidence ever bit of it.

This is the only way that Iraq connects to 9/11 and it is part and parcel in the CIA's own theory on blowback.

@2097909

The simple fact that this information is unclassified now is odd in itself by our CIA's standards. They usually don't declassify this type of information until the parties directly involved are dead and gone.

A great example is Operation AJAX, they waited over 50 years to finally declassify the information, just a couple of years ago. And yet most of the above relatively recent, as recent as the late 90's on.

Another fun fact is who sat atop the CIA as director while much of this was playing out... None other than H.W. himself.

@2097927

lol---Sorry.

@2097923

Oh I know you're up on this information! I was just throwing it out there for those who may pass by that don't know the real connections.

Thanks for the video, I don't have that one, I only had the one of her on 60 minutes.

@2097947

Nice, thanks for passing it on. I found a video awhile back where she was asked if she regretted that statement and she responded: "Of course I regretted saying it!"

Funny thing is, she never said: "I didn't mean it," or "I was wrong," only that she regretted it.

@2097959

You're too kind, I don't think she meant to tell the truth there. :)

@2099168

That too is becoming more common with those in power. Secrecy doesn't seem as urgent as it once was with our govt., now they just shove it in our faces. Troublesome, that.

@2101245

Exactly...

So none of this is Obama's fault, but GW fault after 8 years of Obama, that is classic leftist for ya, blame and deflect and still nothing gets done.

the only decent candidate running for 2O16 election is rand paul, very on else on democrat side or republican side is a joke and will continue the destructive status quo america is on

Anonymousmouses avatar Anonymousmouse Yeah You Are -1Reply
@sunshineofthesoul Rand Paul has no voters, he is childish and juvenille.

wow. more lies and hatred to make sure a constitutionalist stays out of governm,ent. enjoy total anhilation of your country. thats where your country is headed. sad to see idiots hating on the candidates who will reverse the path to something better

Anonymousmouses avatar Anonymousmouse Yeah You Are -2Reply