-43

I agree with Ben Carson that a Muslim should not be president because of certain odious tenants of Sharia law. Amirite?

Under Sharia law gays are to be executed, women are to be subservient. And un believers are to be inslaved or killed. Islam and Sharia are inexorably bound together. Until this changes no Muslim should be our leader. Amirite?

Davers avatar People & Celebrities
2 140
The voters have decided that Daver is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Wow. Just fucking wow.

They said the same thing about Catholics and Kennedy.

Just because someone says they are Muslim does make them a jihadist.

No "Mormons" because they have sex with underage girls
No "Christians" because they are forbidden to fight for lower taxes
No "Jews" because they are required to sit home on the Sabbath
No Davers, because they get all there ideas from FOX news

@2102331

So, you agree. Carson has every right to not advocate for a Muslim.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Yeah You Are 0Reply
@2103472

Then back off comments claiming Muslim bashing and intolerance.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Yeah You Are -1Reply
@2102331

You may be able to see into the hearts of men. I am not so blessed.
And "Death to America" isn't really what it sounds like --- right 😎

Davers avatar Daver Yeah You Are -1Reply
@2102425

You appear to have Obama block. The fear of saying Muslim terrorist.
Good luck to you.

Davers avatar Daver Yeah You Are -2Reply
@2103762

What sect do you and the homos in Saudi Arabia belong to? Or, is just the gays?

@2102476

Your missing the part where Islam an Sharia are bound together.
Google Sharia law and get some know

Davers avatar Daver Yeah You Are -3Reply
@2102331

@2102331

Budwicks avatar Budwick Yeah You Are -2Reply
@2102331

Budwicks avatar Budwick Yeah You Are -3Reply
@2102399

Yep it's more relevant than the other junk that's posted by all these people without anything to think about.

@2102430

About 1985
Or 30 years ago. Yeah I know I'm slow but at least I'm doin it. 😎

@2102553

I do agree with what you say. If a Muslim denounces sharia law, then cool. But in the absence of such denial, not cool.

@Daver I do agree with what you say. If a Muslim denounces sharia law, then cool. But in the absence of such denial, not cool.

Hey Dave - Not disagreeing exactly - but were you aware of this?

It is impossible to understand Islam and Muslims by listening to their protestations against terror and their proclamations of patriotism for America. Usually, it is wise and fair to give people the benefit of the doubt but when it comes to national safety and the future of America, we had better look twice, even thrice at Muslim patriotism. Why? Because Islam permits lying! It is called β€œAl-taqiyya.” One Muslim said that Al-taqiyya means dissimulation then he expanded it to diplomacy but he should have gone further to deception. Now some Muslims who do not follow the Koran are as faithful Americans as any of us, but the problem is, we cannot know.

@Budwick Hey Dave - Not disagreeing exactly - but were you aware of this? It is impossible to understand Islam and Muslims...

100% correct. As I said earlier we cannot look into the hearts of men we have only their outward appearance and the things that we know are facts about them in order to judge. Ben Carson and myself have the same idea if people vehemently denounce sharia law then I have no problem with them being Muslim

@Daver 100% correct. As I said earlier we cannot look into the hearts of men we have only their outward appearance and...

You and Ben are better men than I. Knowing that their doctrine allows / prescribes lying to advance Islam to me just means they can't be trusted.

I'll work on my tolerance.

@2103218

You can be what ever religion you want - I still get to choose to advocate for you or not.

@2103615

No, according to this poll, he is saying that's what Carson said - and that's not true.

@2103633

Except, that's not what Carson said. It's what the OP said.

@2103731

No Semp - theocracy is a Muslim thing.

From your linked article - "Ben Carson said Monday that he "absolutely" stood by his comments about not supporting a Muslim president, while also clarifying that he was referring to Muslims who had not rejected Islamic Sharia law."

Do you remember our conversation last week? How it's cool to respect an honest adversary? Don't go dishonest on me Semple.

@2103989

Honest? You think "they're in favor of turning this country into a theocracy. Isn't that a large part of the GOP platform?" is honest? Or more like talking head bullshit?

@2104422

No, it's not part of the platform. Carson was emphasizing that even if a Christian wanted to attempt to make America into a theocracy, he wouldn't advocate for that person either - just as he wouldn't for a Muslim.

And, you have not pointed out why you think that becoming a theocracy is part of the GOP platform. Maybe you misunderstood that too.

Isn't this cool? Maybe you're actually a conservative, and didn't even know it!

@2104984

Socialistic conservatism? What fun at the spin factory you must have!

Why don't you give me an example of one these "Christian Evangelical laws", cuz, I really don't know where you're going on this.

@2106994

Let's stick with the original issue first. I asked - "Why don't you give me an example of one these "Christian Evangelical laws", cuz, I really don't know where you're going on this."

And you have replaced it with - "Second, when it comes to Biblical laws.... ask yourself this: How often does YOUR God come into play when you take a stance on social issues? How often do you think YOUR laws should be enforced onto other people, even if they don't share the same God? "

Again - can you give me an example of what you're complaining about?

@2108966

When the discussion began, it was illegal, and I wanted to keep it that way. Your team had to change the law or at least get some liberal to reinterpret it.

I can list all kinds of reasons gay couples shouldn't adopt - none of which have anything to do with the Bible.

Tell me what Biblical laws are being imposed upon you.

@2110319

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

@2110319

OK - so you agree that "There aren't any Biblical laws being imposed on me. "

So, you crying and bitching over nothing. - Got it.

Your discussion of gay marriage is hilariolus - " the decision to recognize gay marriage could have been left up to each state -- where it belonged. When states started banning it...." So, the states appropriately were handling it and the SCOTUS steps in to over ride the states. You see nothing wrong here?

@2116114

You're a few weeks late to the discussion. What Semple said was - "The part I think is funny is that he wouldn't support a Christian President, either, if they're in favor of turning this country into a theocracy. Isn't that a large part of the GOP platform?"

He hasn't offered any evidence to support his claim. I'm guessing you can't either which might explain why you are trying to change the topic.

PS - Muslims have imposed Sharia where ever they get a toehold. I would think that might bother you a bit,I mean, they don't like mouthy, independent women.

@2116169

If you had followed the discussion, you would know what we were talking about.

OMG! - Now you're trying to tell me what I said and didn't say? What a control freak!

@2116115

Of course you're bitching.

You said - "The part I think is funny is that he wouldn't support a Christian President, either, if they're in favor of turning this country into a theocracy. Isn't that a large part of the GOP platform?" And, it's not part of the platform, never has been.

You've been ducking into unrelated rabbit holes ever since. You're trying to start at square one again - not with any evidence to support your lame position, just rhetoric.

@2116834

What team is winning? What are you winning?

Please, I'm asking you yet again, what is your evidence that religion is part of the GOP platform? Just saying it is doesn't make it so.

@2117450

No Semple - You've not offered examples of GOP Platform documentation. You've offered myths and stories and your personal thoughts.

Example [not part of GOP platform] - "If it were up to evangelicals we WOULD be a theocracy. We would be teaching the Bible in history and science classes. Gays would be openly persecuted and discriminated against. Atheists and Muslims, too. Eventually, even other Christians would be because just being Christian won't be enough. I've said this before but history has proven that, sooner or later, you'll also have to be the right kind of Christian. Look at how well Muslims get along with other Muslims."

Or - "And yeah, religion IS part of the platform. In fact? It's been the foundation since before I started paying attention to politics. To claim otherwise is almost laughable." Saying it's part of the platform does not make it so.

@2117838

Actually what the 2012 platform says (cuz there is none for 2016 as yet) is that they support public display of the Ten Commandments. And, it says that they affirm the right of students to engage in prayer in public schools. That doesn't sound so scary.

It seems your stupid little game continues to put words where there were none and distort meaning for political gain. More dishonesty. Tsk, tsk.

As far as I know the RFRA laws were used in support of Hobby Lobby who was willing to pay for some but not all contraceptives for their employees. What kind of distortion of truth are you trying to sell now?

More people today than ever are objecting to the exclusive teaching of evolution in the public schools. Strong pressures are developing aimed at opening the schools to the teaching of special creation as a viable alternative to evolution.

Resistance to teaching creationism is still very strong, however. Opposition usually centers around two related arguments. First, evolution is widely claimed to be the only acceptable scientific theory of origins. Second, creation is assumed to be strictly a religious concept, which on that account has no place in a public school curriculum.

Both of these arguments are wrong and invalid. Creation can be shown to be a more effective scientific model of origins than evolution, and evolution can be shown to require a higher degree of credulous faith than creation. It is the purpose of this paper, however, to encourage a careful and objective study of both concepts of origins, on a scientific level only, in the public schools. Don't worry Semple, they will always teach both theories, and you're not required to subscribe to either one.

And if they try to scrap the Bill of Rights and make Christianity national religion - I'll be right there with you fighting against it. It's a stupid idea.

Oh, I know what's going on. What's going on is there are nimrods making false claims and propping up straw men in attempts to discredit conservative thought. You might want to spend more time trying to convince people that it will a good thing when they have to give up all their stuff so it can be redistributed - you know, for the good of the many, the few can phuck off.

@2103672

Glad you are paying attention to what I've said. You should do as well in paying attention to what Ben Carson and the OP said.

Plus, my opinion regarding Islam doesn't mean squat if the rest of the world accepts Islam as a religion.

If I had my druthers, Islam wouldn't be recognized as a religion - cuz it's not.

@2103721

Take your disappointment to the Oval Office.

Not a thing I said is conflict with the Constitution - My words are my opinion. And as I'm sure you know, opinions are like assholes - everyone has one and you stink (or something like that)

@2103797

Actually, my opinion is in perfect alignment with the Constitution. If the person is a Muslim, he/she has already sworn allegiance to Sharia and he/she could not honestly take the presidential inauguration vow which requires allegiance to the Constitution.

Have a lovely day.

@2104625

You've not responded to the issue Boz - the conflict a Muslim would have - honoring his 'religious' vow to Sharia vs. u0pholding the Constitution.

Christians, Buddhists, Mormons, even atheists don't have such a conflict.

What comes first religion or constitution might be a valid question to some one whose religion is in conflict with the constitution. Mine is not, neither is Carsons.

Carson actually DID mention that he wouldn't advocate for a Christian that wanted to make America a theocracy. Neither would I.

I think you have a problem with Christians in general. Maybe you should work on that. It's a very unattractive feature Bozette - very unattractive.

@2104827

Carson answered completely. His answer doesn't paint himself into a corner as you might have liked better - but it's a complete answer. It wasn't a complete question.

Kim Davis has nothing to do with with this topic, but since you've dragged it in from the other room, let's address it. I applaud Kim Davis for what she did - to bring the issue of religious liberty to the forefront again. But, of course her position in a government office disallows here from doing exactly what she did. In other words, she was properly chastised by the court. Frankly, I was surprised that they let her keep her job AND allow her to not personally issue the licenses. I think it's an accommodation that's going to cause more trouble down the line. Why can SHE be specially accommodated and not employee X or Y?

I'm not sure how you think this POV fails some apparently secret test of yours.

I agree with every word of what you expressed as ugly. Unfortunately for you, you my dear are a model subject for your own criticism.

@2105510

Your assertions are illogical and incorrect.

@2106959

Well now, that is just stupid. Carson did answer the question - you just didn't like the answer.

You are rapidly becoming the least influential person on this site. Hint: Say things that are true, that you believe in and are provable.

@2108750

He couldn't with out specifics - that was his answer.

@2108761

Apparently it wasn't.

@2108781

No, it wasn't a yes or no question. The questioner said it was to simply set the trap.

Examples - Yes or no answer only -
While you were robbing the bank, did the alarm go off?

Does urine taste bad?

@2110161

Yes a trap.

Bozette - Do you walk to work? Or carry your lunch?

@2110194

There is no discussion with you Bozette. It's more like sitting in on a series of boring lectures.

And yes, it was a trap.

I agree, I wouldn't vote for a Muslim, but I wouldn't vote for a moron like Donald Trump either.

No. You are not right. And not all Muslims follow Sharia Law.

@SugarSkul No. You are not right. And not all Muslims follow Sharia Law.

In as much as not knowing could cost me my life, how do you suggest we deal with that?

@SugarSkul Not knowing something is damn easy to rectify. Read.

I did read. According to Sharia a Muslim can / should lie to me to advance Islam. So, they are untrustworthy.

@Budwick I did read. According to Sharia a Muslim can / should lie to me to advance Islam. So, they are untrustworthy.

Did you also catch that it adhered to only by Wahabi (a sect so extreme they scared all the other Muslim sects way back pre this current brouhaha) and Shi'ites. Not Sunnis or Sufis or any of the others. You ain't done reading by far if that one gem <debatable even still> us the best you got.

@SugarSkul Did you also catch that it adhered to only by Wahabi (a sect so extreme they scared all the other Muslim sects way...

And exactly how is anyone to know the difference? What a stupid "religion" - broken up into sects that even hate each other, all living in the 13th century - and it's my fault, my problem, my bigotry because I don't trust them.

Sorry Spark, living peacefully in a civilized world does not require me to learn how to adapt to a crazy phucked up philosophy / government like Islam. Islam can bite me and assimilate to the civilized world. Options? Sure, you always have choices. The world will be delighted to minimize Islam, eradicate it - just as it's been done before.

@Budwick And exactly how is anyone to know the difference? What a stupid "religion" - broken up into sects that even hate...

"What a stupid "religion" - broken up into sects that even hate each other, all living in the 13th century - and it's my fault, my problem, my bigotry because I don't trust them."

Careful...Christianity resembles that remark and we are, more and more, being maneuvered into "require me to learn how to adapt to a crazy phucked up philosophy / government..." And that is why the separation of church and state here- to protect us from both 'faiths'.

And who is Spark?

@SugarSkul "What a stupid "religion" - broken up into sects that even hate each other, all living in the 13th century - and...

Yeah, except Christians are not required to coerce everyone to convert under threat of death. And, Christianity has had its reformation. Not on the horizon for Islam.

Nice try though, Spark.

@Budwick Yeah, except Christians are not required to coerce everyone to convert under threat of death. And, Christianity...

Dude, WTF with the spark crap?

Christianity is older than Islam, it's had it's chance to have it's reformation. And may (at least here in the US) be in need of another. And Muslims are not required to coerce everyone to convert under threat of death....

Can't get anything right on this Budwick...see, I can read at least enough to get YOUR name right. Annnd I'm done with you, you can't even do that much.

Bye. Have a nice day.

@SugarSkul Dude, WTF with the spark crap? Christianity is older than Islam, it's had it's chance to have it's reformation...

If Muslims follow their religion they are required to convert others. Certainly you know that. Why bother denying it?

And Spark? Hey, you have your style of condescension, I have mine.

@2120181

Thanks for the hot tip Semple. Of course, that's never true, so your hot tip is useless.

I totally agree.

Islam is a total system of life and contains within itself a particular social system, judicial system, and political system which includes geo-political aspirations - the conquest and administration of territory.

It's totally in conflict with our Constitution - it's a deal breaker.

It's not even a religion! And so it's practice in America should be disallowed.

thats silly

Please Β  login Β  or signup Β  to leave a comment.