I'm making lasagne this weekend. What do you chose to have on your lasagne?

Sukiesnows avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
8 20

I'm thinking spinach is common, cheese and some kind of tomato sauce? I'm dreading it. Lasagne is like marathon cooking.

My one consolation is that I might be able to freeze some of it for later....

@Sukiesnow I'm thinking spinach is common, cheese and some kind of tomato sauce? I'm dreading it. Lasagne is like marathon...

Nah, it's not hard or complicated. Use those noodles you just slap into the pan uncooked. I make my own spicy spaghetti sauce with lots of good hamburger meat (not that cheap fatty stuff). And, then start layerying (is that a word?) with whatever you like - spinach, mozzarella cheese, ricotta if you want. Just end up with sauce on top and then finish off with Romano cheese. And, it's always better the next day, so leftovers are yummy, and it does freeze well.

Save some for me!

Marinara sauce with lots of mozzarella and ricotta, mushrooms, and some Italian sausage.

Parmesan cheese...and string cheese.

Actually, this carnivore actually loves a good veggie lasagne with spinach, zucchini, mushrooms, carrots and onion...just pile it on!

Homemade sauce, hamburger, pepperoni, onion, mushrooms, Mozzerella and Parmesan cheese.

I am pretty basic. Noodles, beef, sauce, cheese

@Sukiesnow Simple good...complex not good?

I don't want anything else in it. I will not eat it. I also do the no boil recipe as well. Just make your layers, add a little water. Cover with aluminum foil.

Just cheese & pasta sause. I don't need anything else. :)