Drues avatar Religion
5 98

The point is not if they
will go to haven
the point is
atheists can and do
have morality

The point is people
don't need to believe
that Jesus was a god
before they can follow
his moral compass

I don't think it's anyone's place to assess who does or does not make it to Heaven. No human can possibly know this.

@2105041

Now you ask me

@2105289

I don't call it lying
I call it hoping

@2105052

OP. I only asked because you asked me to ask. Tit-for-tat and all that.

@2105052

I really don't want to go to heaven if the chief entertainment is watching others burn in hell.

@2105495

And there is absolutely no evidence that it DOESN'T exist either.

@2105495

We shall see and time will ultimately tell. . . . . .

Yes, I think they do. If the afterlife is real, then it exists for all of us.

I would never presume to know the answer to such a question. It is my understanding from reading the Bible, that people are going to hell if they just don't get it, just right.

I find the words of Pope Francis to be thoughtful, and far more inspiring than those who actually wish eternal suffering on those they consider "sinners".

@2105286

It's been quite a long time since I've listened to any preacher's interpretation of the Bible, but thank you for the friendly suggestion.

4) “If I’m wrong let me know. Sometimes I get things completely wrong. And I’m always happy …” He corrects himself: “Not happy, but very prepared to be wrong about everything.” ~Roger Rogers

@Piper2 I would never presume to know the answer to such a question. It is my understanding from reading the Bible, that...

the guy is an illuminati evil puppet, he never once spread the word of God when he cam to the states. all he cares about is the NWO

@2105189

like the prodigal son, it is up top the son to come back, God is like the father, even though the son is not worthy, God will have open arms always to accept his son or daughter, but it is up to the son or daughter to make that first step. God will often lead them to him but he will never make someone follow him.

@2105963

if the prodigal son nevers returned he woul dhave remained in the fire of torment, despite his fathers eternal love

God will not make you go to heaven if you do not wish to go.

@2105971

why believe in God or be right or moral in anything you do if you can live the dirtiest life and still make it into heaven?

the only way you can make it into heaven is through repentance and acceptance of God's word, and through his Grace. the bible says that you cannot make it into heaven if you reject him

I don't know. There is no way to know for sure. People stray from their faith all the time. I know I have. But as a Protestant, I believe salvation is forever so even those who claim to be atheist, may in fact, at one time in their youth, become a Christian and then moved in another direction.

@2105266

Sorry for your loss.
It sounds like both you and he achieved the peace of mind you were looking for.

@2105300

So he rejected his upbringing?
I don't know what to say to that other than everyone has their own path and everyone has free will.

@2105309

I see, my mistake. Thanks for clarifying and again, glad you and he are at peace. hug smilie

@2105328

Peace of mind is simply doing what's right. Making the right choices in your day to day life.

@2105319

I agree. I finally stopped praying for specific things. I just ask God to give me the wisdom to make the right choices so I can get a good nights sleep. But since I'm up at all hours of the night, I'm not so sure doing so hot in the choice department. Unfortunately, I have a very rebellious streak. sad smilie

@2105392

Hate to interrupt, but that thing about the Cardinal. A very similar thing happened to my sister in law after she had a series of unfortunate deaths around her. And one of those people who passed loved Cardinals. We don't see them too often in our state so when the one lone Cardinal showed up at her window one morning after burying her last friend (her dog) it was a bit mysterious. I was so taken by the story that I gave her a picture frame and a trinket box with a Cardinal-looking bird on each of them. BTW, it's really hard to find a picture frame and a trinket box with an actual cardinal on it. I also had no idea it was a Christian symbol. That's a nice piece of information to have. smile smilie

@2106225

Interesting. I don't speak fluent Catholic, but I believe you. wink smilie

@2105281

where in the bible can you back up your claims? or are you making stuff up

@2106402

yeah well, you "opinion is based on HUMAN opinion, not biblical

@2104976

You don't know that. Nobody does.

@2105034

Hope not (shudder)

@2105034

No, your not!

@2105449

You poor little thing. . . . . .

@2104997

Once again NOBODY knows!

Well sure. I think whatever options there are for after death can happen and I also think that they can't. Who really knows?

Atheists don't believe in heaven...not the same as Christians do, anyway.

Supposing there is such a place as Heaven......why not? A good human, loving and kind, is the criteria.

@Drue Actually that is not the criteria!

Maybe not in your faith base.....but the question was what my opinion was. And I am not a Christian, per se.

no one is going to heaven according to the bible. it states that the earth will be re-created in the future when the resurrection happens.

they know about God and still reject him. God has open arms and will take anyone who comes to him, atheists can get all made and say "why would a loving God send anyone to hell" what they do not realize is everyone in hell did it to themselves! God wishes hell on NOBODY! but he has left the choice to us.

@2106426

God mae us with free will, we choose heaven or hell

pagan origin? excuse me? its biblical too. many places in the bible it says that not everyone will make it into heaven