KITCHEN CRISIS: Some of you may remember my kitchen crisises(?) from SH and just because SH is gone doesn't mean my cooking is any better. So, for some ridiculous reason I decided to make Broccoli and Cheese soup despite the fact it's still 100 degrees out. Anyhow, I've got the roux, adding the milk, reach for the broccoli and low and behold...[Show All] it is SPINACH. So now I have Spinach soup. That's fine. But how do I finish it? This is what I have on hand: Cheddar, Cream Cheese, Whipping Cream and Sour Cream. Your thoughts please! Thank you! [Show Less]

BoredCollieDogs avatar Food & Drink
2 23

Here is what Martha Stewart would do: http://www.marthastewart.com/97...ach-cream-soup

Sounds like it would taste good.

Believe it or not you're still a better cook than me

@TomboyJanet Believe it or not you're still a better cook than me

I used to really suck. Once I had a little more free time, I got better mostly from watching Americas Test Kitchen! And this isn't the first time I completely forgotten the MAIN ingredient. Sheesh! sad smilie

Thanks Will. I love Martha Stewart! She's awesome. I did add some leftover bacon bits and leftover cream cheese. It's much better now but still missing something so the croutons sound like a yummy idea. biggrin smilie

Hello! Yes, I love Halloween. I have a Halloween tree and everything! 6 smilie
Thanks!

@Qazzie Hello! Yes, I love Halloween. I have a Halloween tree and everything! Thanks!

Me too. I have way more Halloween decorations than Christmas. Still need a fog machine though.

Just follow the same recipe. It's just a different vegetable. Hope it turns out good! yum smilie

@Qazzie Just follow the same recipe. It's just a different vegetable. Hope it turns out good!

Well, it's basically the same, but spinach and cheddar? I guess that's my sticking point. I'm just not sure about that.

And hello btw! Happy Halloween! I see you are already in the spirit. l smilie Loving those avatars...

Wow! That beats me! Enjoy!

Ad some cream cheese, blend, and sprinkle some strong grated cheddar cheese on it to serve. Keep it simple.

@Sukiesnow Ad some cream cheese, blend, and sprinkle some strong grated cheddar cheese on it to serve. Keep it simple.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking exactly. I did add some cream cheese and it was good, but I think tomorrow I will top it off with a little cheddar. It will probably taste better tomorrow too once the flavors have come together. I put cayenne in my roux for the broccoli cheese soup, but for the spinach, it needs to mellow a little bit.

I just reread your question. Spinach. I love spinach. Popeye could eat as can by itself so cancel the strong grated cheese on it to serve. Spinach stands alone. But add some cream cheese and blend well.

@Sukiesnow I just reread your question. Spinach. I love spinach. Popeye could eat as can by itself so cancel the strong grated...

Yeah, it was supposed to be Broccoli Cheese, but I didn't have Broccoli. The poor recipe group on SH became littered with recipe crisises (?) once I joined. lol! Too salty this, too spicy that, too much butter, not enough this or that...it was always something. hehe smilie

Sounds like it will taste good.

@Wolfcave Sounds like it will taste good.

Thanks. It really did come out better than I expected.

@Wolfcave Ain't seemed like a kitchen crisis to my stomach.

Well, the idea of cooking overwhelms me so it doesn't take much to make me crazy. sad smilie