+14

Hoping for a great view of the super blood moon eclipse tonight Sept 28 2015.

VicZincs avatar Animals & Nature
7 13

10:22 pm so totally awesome right now. Never seen anything like it. Next chance in 2033.

And so it begins. 9:08 pm clouds partially obscure my view.

Went for a short drive to get a better vantage point. It's foggy and misty. I couldn't spot it anywhere. frown smilie

@BoredCollieDog Went for a short drive to get a better vantage point. It's foggy and misty. I couldn't spot it anywhere.

Boo. It is still out there. It is getting bright again now at 11:40 PM

Here it has been a dull orange/brown for the last hour.

@VicZinc Boo. It is still out there. It is getting bright again now at 11:40 PM Here it has been a dull orange/brown for...

I think I'm SOL. They're doing construction and have the area lit up like a Christmas tree w/all the massive flood lamps and cops flashing all their lights. The glare from the mist/fog is just making it worse. I just didn't drive out far enough.

@BoredCollieDog I think I'm SOL. They're doing construction and have the area lit up like a Christmas tree w/all the massive flood...

I am sorry you missed it. It was spectacular, and I am sure you will see other amazing things in your lifetime so it's not the end of the world.

@VicZinc I am sorry you missed it. It was spectacular, and I am sure you will see other amazing things in your lifetime so...

I saw a pretty amazing super blood moon before, but no eclipse. At least I think that's what it was? Not sure really. It was very cool. Low to the ground so it looked massive. On a side note, I'd really love to see the Northern Lights. I imagine that's got to be spectacular!

Almost looked like a penny.

I was really hoping to see it too, but the cloud cover was way too heavy. :(

I missed it though

Oh I sure amsmile smilie