Could you handle the job of auctioneer?

I've always admired the way they talked; their assertiveness and glib repartee, especially when I was a little girl going to the markets with my dad.

Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
5 8

It took me some time to learn how to bargain for stuff...but to learn how to talk like an auctioneer? I dunno...not a typical lady's job...

@Sukiesnow It took me some time to learn how to bargain for stuff...but to learn how to talk like an auctioneer? I dunno...not...

here are a lot of lady auctioneers... Auctioneers talk is called Chant..This method of rapid-fire talking is called the auctioneer's chant. I owned my own auction business for a a number of years... it takes a bit of practice but is not hard..tarts out slow and ya build up speed as ya go..

No way! They speak their own special language that's for sure. I know an auctioneer but I can't get him to do his "thing" for me. He's really a very quiet person by nature so it's hard to imagine him speaking that way.

I'm a fast talkwe

Wish I could ... I love to hear them. But I'm way too slow paced to pull it off myself.