What does it mean when someone follows you? Do they want to be friends? Are they just keeping an eye on you? Are they stalking you? I don't want to be rude. What does it mean?

I have 3 people following me and I don't know who they are.

STDzAboves avatar Jokes & Humour
4 21

I would think they want to be friends and get notifications on your posts.

All of the above in no particular order depending on the person

I follow people because I enjoy their posts and would like to be notified when they add new ones. I like staying in touch with fun people.

Good question I've wanted to ask it as well. I still don't know what it means...like is it a popularity contest and I'm also thinking about following people that follow me...is that like standard operating procedure... And I like lots of people so should I begin following all of them?

@Sukiesnow Good question I've wanted to ask it as well. I still don't know what it means...like is it a popularity contest and...

I don't get notifications of people I'm following...I just get notifications from Posts where I left a comment.

@2109206

I hear ya. Good points. And ya...why receive piles of notifications when all you do is hit delete...delete...

@2109268

Well there is the occasional one that I click on in order to give my valuable 2ยข worth of opinion on...

@STDzAbove I think it's the word "follow". It just sounds very creepy :)

Yes...I don't see the point of following if they are already friends with you...

Also I'd like to know the procedure...even a good thing can go unnoticed if one doesn't know what to do with it.... For example are you supposed automatically follow people who follow you? What if you forget? Will they be hurt?

I take it as a good thing.

They want to be friends, at least everyone on my follow list is.

It's a polite way of saying they want to borrow $20.

Please ย  login ย  or signup ย  to leave a comment.