Are you good at speaking in front of crowds or do you get nervous?

17% I have no issues with it 39% I get really nervous 44% Other
Lil_Princesss avatar Jokes & Humour
6 49
@2114482

I was actually supposed to sing in front of a crowd this morning but skipped out on it.

@2114515

It was for a local talent contest for our town festival.

@2114522

Oh I didn't chicken out. I did it last year & won. I just didn't give shit about anything this morning.

@2114529

I tend not to let it be known. Oh I sing every morning on the way to work.

@2114551

Yea I have some that I am sure no one wants to hear because some songs just shouldn't be sung with a southern accent...it sounds all kinds of wrong.

@2114561

Oh its ok, I know my limitations on what I can sing & what I cannot.

@2114572

Linkin Park Numb

@2114591

HaHa...

I am pretty sure I signed some document stating to never do that again...Kinda like that agreement I have with not using fire that I signed with the fire department.

@2114606

Oh tell me about. Its ok I figured I would just stick to playing with fire in the woods...I said I wouldn't do it "in town"

@2114547

Nope Exes & Ohs.

I did get a bar full of people to sing YMCA once. Southern Charms makes people do silly things that or it was all the alcohol.

@2114676

Ya might be on to something there.

I've always managed to get through it, but it's really nerve wracking until I settle into it.

JanHaskells avatar JanHaskell I get really nervous +3Reply
@2115177

I have to do it in front of the CEO, 2 VPs, & other upper management, I would gladly trade ya, lol

@2115266

Sometimes I have to also do it, in front of 150 people at a time. I get a little nervous for like 2 seconds then, it is a piece of cake after that.

@2114473

Oh I have to do that stuff now & ya I still get a slight bit nervous because these are all high corporate officials. I take about 20 hours to prepare myself.

@2114484

I try to do that sometimes but haven't go in the habit of doing it every time yet.

I worry about it, but once I get started I'm OK.

It depends largely on what I'm speaking about and what kind of crowd I'm speaking to.

@2114511

Oh you are absolutely right they will. Sometimes though continuing to push on gets a little tiring.

@2114552

Oh I always try my best to be polite. Sadly though my two working brain cells don't always get along. So that never works for me.

@2114571

Oh I don't think your an irritation. Pay no mind to silly people who say you are.

I never did but I'm a bit out of practise.

I'm not as nervous about it as I used to be. It gets easier with experience with it. But I always have thoughts later on about other things I could have said (or said a little differently), and this is in spite of all the preparation I may have done prior to the speech.