Lil_Princesss avatar Holidays & Birthdays
5 29

A 42 x 42 functioning wall clock made entirely of handmade pressed paper. The only non paper parts were the frame, the hands and the mechanism.

BoredCollieDogs avatar BoredCollieDog Yes, it was this +3Reply
@Lil_Princess Oh that sounds really nice.

Thank you. I hate to say it, but it was.
It was a final project in college. I did like the way it came out and thought twice about giving it away.

BoredCollieDogs avatar BoredCollieDog Yes, it was this +2Reply
@BoredCollieDog Thank you. I hate to say it, but it was. It was a final project in college. I did like the way it came out and...

Your welcome. Hey nothing wrong with being proud of what ya made. Yea the very little handmade things I can make I sometimes don't wanna give away either.

@Lil_Princess Your welcome. Hey nothing wrong with being proud of what ya made. Yea the very little handmade things I can make I...

Any time I make something I want to keep, someone else wants it too. No one wants my crappy stuff. un smilie

@BoredCollieDog Any time I make something I want to keep, someone else wants it too. No one wants my crappy stuff.

Oh same here. I get the "Oh that is pretty but I have no use for it"...Whatever even I know its crappy.hehe smilie

@Lil_Princess Oh same here. I get the "Oh that is pretty but I have no use for it"...Whatever even I know its crappy.

Yep! They can spot the crappy stuff a mile away!
"Oh no, I can see how hard you must have worked on that. You should keep it and enjoy it". And I'm thinking "Well thanks. I'll be sure to use it for kindling next winter." hehe smiliehehe smilie

BoredCollieDogs avatar BoredCollieDog Yes, it was this +1Reply

Other than baked goods, I've made everything from throw pillows to Christmas ornaments to jewelry. I'm very crafty. Still trying to finish the quilt I started making for my daughter.

Puck_PHAETs avatar Puck_PHAET Yes, it was this +3Reply
@Puck_PHAET Other than baked goods, I've made everything from throw pillows to Christmas ornaments to jewelry. I'm very crafty...

Quilting is awesome! I love it! But I can't do it. sad smilie
Too much math and geometry. I'd screw it up royally. But I love the idea of it. Good luck getting that finished! And post a pic when you're done. I love to see it.

@BoredCollieDog Quilting is awesome! I love it! But I can't do it. Too much math and geometry. I'd screw it up royally. But I...

I suck at math myself, so it's just a very simple (and crooked) block pattern, but sure, I'll share when I finish it.

Puck_PHAETs avatar Puck_PHAET Yes, it was this +1Reply
@Puck_PHAET I suck at math myself, so it's just a very simple (and crooked) block pattern, but sure, I'll share when I finish it.

Excellent! I watch the quilting shows on PBS. The Fons and Porter show makes my head explode.

I use to help my grandma make quilts, they can be very time consuming. I do a lot bake goods for gifts myself.

@Lil_Princess I use to help my grandma make quilts, they can be very time consuming. I do a lot bake goods for gifts myself.

They are. This is the first one I've attempted. I started it about five months before she was born. lol, she's just about five months old, and it's still not finished. Finding time to work on it has been the main issue. I was still working nearly every day until she was born (was actually scheduled to work on that day), and finding free time to concentrate on hand-stitching with a newborn is just impossible.

Puck_PHAETs avatar Puck_PHAET Yes, it was this +2Reply
@2115212

My mama use to make afghans for my siblings & I for for Christmas. Gifts made from the heart mean more to me than something that comes off the shelf.

No since I was 12.

@2115270

Aww that was nice of you to do.

I made my ex boyfriend a keychain once

BuddyCakess avatar BuddyCakes Yes, it was this +1Reply