Are human beings inherently hypocritical?

Sukiesnows avatar
6 18
@2120229

One reason why I could never work in an Animal Shelter...

@Sukiesnow One reason why I could never work in an Animal Shelter...

Another hypocrisy is about people who take pets in and then turn them out when they're not cute anymore...

@2120255

And, it's a human frailty...but yes, good to note if it goes out of bounds...

Let's see the contradictions that run through the human race: you vote liberal one year and the next you vote conservative...you eat meat but have a love for animals...you hate animals but tell people you love them...you recycle but then clean your toilet with Lysol, thereby killing water creatures...you are environmentally concerned but hell would freeze over before catching you taking a bus...the list goes on...

@2120223

I know it might be digging into a different realm, but what about hypocrisy stands out for you? People going to church but then drinking and cavorting all week used to be a big one for me...plus I've included some examples above... Oh and another is people who kiss up to their boss but later confide to you "I can't stand that b*tch."

@2120633

Once we all left work but I had to go back for some reason...it was just before the Christmas vacation for some people...I walked past my supervisors office and saw several gifts left by some staff who were good at sucking up... What a laugh...

@2120651

Now that would've been great...lol

To some extent, yes probably. There are varying degrees of hypocrisy, of course, and I agree with "Dries" that the accusation is often in the eye of the beholder.

@Piper2 To some extent, yes probably. There are varying degrees of hypocrisy, of course, and I agree with "Dries" that...

But the more one notices hypocrisy...or it's relative, contradictions, in someone, the more it begins to irritate the heck out of you.

@2120107

Thank you. Did I word it right...I meant people are full of hypocrisy...

@2120116

Thank you. So far I haven't got much right here on Amirite.