Do you think it's beneficial to get a flu shot?

Image for post Do you think it's beneficial to get a flu shot?
40% Yes 40% No 20% Other
Mogals avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
4 16

Yes, I get a flu shot every year and haven't had the flu since I have been doing that.

Eh, not really. I get the flu shot and sometimes still get sick.

I don't normally bother to get one, but then my immune system functions pretty well, and I rarely ever get the flu. The one time I got a flu shot, I got the flu anyway. I can understand it for children, the elderly, and others with weak or compromised immune systems, but I don't believe it's useful for everyone.

@2123405

I tend to agree.

For me, no. I had one when I was a kid and it made me really, really sick so I haven't gotten one since. I can only recall getting the flu once after that, after the whole swine flu freak out.

@2123702

I'm prone to bacterial infections though, so I wouldn't say that I have a healthy immune system.

No. Many people have told me they aren't v. effective... 'They' don't know what viruses or bacteria are coming down the chute...they are only basing the flu shot on the past.

Yes, it works for me. I haven't had the flu since I began getting the shots. and I got my shot last Wednesday.

I haven't had a flu shot in about 5 years. Haven't gotten the flu since. Not sure if it's really beneficial... (There's a simple solution to not getting the flu: Wash your friggin hands!)

MsTss avatar MsTs Other +1Reply
@MsTs I haven't had a flu shot in about 5 years. Haven't gotten the flu since. Not sure if it's really beneficial...

Not really, flus are viral not bacterial so hand washing wouldn't really help prevent it.

@ItsATrap Not really, flus are viral not bacterial so hand washing wouldn't really help prevent it.

Huh. Well it's been working for me. Maybe the real solution is that you don't touch your eyes or pick your nose. :D

MsTss avatar MsTs Other +1Reply