-20

A down-rave is a lack of the courage to confront.

Sukiesnows avatar People & Celebrities
7 29

Why get all confrontational if you just merely disagree? WAY too much angry confrontation going on as it is....

SugarSkuls avatar SugarSkul Disagree +7Reply
@SugarSkul Why get all confrontational if you just merely disagree? WAY too much angry confrontation going on as it is....

This is supposed to be an opinion/discussion site...if you disagree...why down-vote...why not open up a discussion about it...that's the purpose of this site...to share different ideas...

I rarely down rave unless someone is just being an asshole. If I do down rave I do it under my own name, so it has nothing to do with courage.

If you are talking about unregistered down raves, you may have a point.

I down rave the comments I dont agree with

Inc_Ones avatar Inc_One Disagree +5Reply
@2125167

Rejection hurts?

Inc_Ones avatar Inc_One Disagree +2Reply
@Inc_One I down rave the comments I dont agree with

As I mentioned to Lozen below...why not take the time to share your different ideas...instead of down-raving. That's what this site is for...

Now if someone is being an azz and using rude language...well that's a good reason for a down-rave....

@2125074

You are one of the few that thinks that way. But I agree with you on the Love.

@2125621

Well if a down vote is to disagree and an up vote is to agree...is that the case really? I give an up vote just because I like what a person said or how they said it...not necessarily that I agree... Agree...disagree...who cares? I give a down vote to someone who is being obnoxious... otherwise I'd be busy all day....

It just means that your answer is not liked.

@EternalSailorSol It just means that your answer is not liked.

Or, it could also mean (on here) that you are not liked...;-)

@2124987

It's more than disagreeing. I disagree with many people but I don't liberally minus-rave just anyone. It's hostile.

Down raves don't mean a thing to me because they are all coming from unregistered voters. But if I disagree with someone I will down rave using my online name....and not be ashamed of doing it.

If you say so...

Sometimes. Other times is just a way to call a person an a-hole without actually doing it.

@Budwick Which kind of exactly what the OP said - a lack of courage.

What courage is there in any online reply at all? It's not like any of us are in danger of a butt whoopin. Maybe a little danger of intellectual embarrassment? It just doesn't matter.

@JerryHendrickson What courage is there in any online reply at all? It's not like any of us are in danger of a butt whoopin. Maybe...

Very true. It's a fine point, not looking for a fight, but if they call a person an a-hole without actually doing it by down voting - whatever. Again, not looking for a fight.

@Budwick Very true. It's a fine point, not looking for a fight, but if they call a person an a-hole without actually doing...

I realize that and debate never has to be hostile. Just stating my opinion. No two people truly agree on absolutely everything right?

I hit the wrong button. I have no issues down voting someone if I don't like their comment. If I do it, I am going to do it as me, sure the heck ain't going to do it unregistered. I want someone to know I don't like what they said.

Also if I get it...my world does not stop revolving. My life continues & the sun is still shinning.

Down raves are likely from cowardly unregistered users - totally meaningless [the down rave AND the unregistered user)