Do you ever unblock someone who you've made a mistake about?

I admit my mistakes, so I have unblocked people who I thought was causing me grief only to find out they were innocent of any wrongdoing.

Image for post Do you ever unblock someone who you've made a mistake about?
StarzAboves avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
13 205
@2126072

Likewise, I don't waste my time on those who only want to pick a fight....block and be done with them.

@2126088

Excellent comment, when you find the answer let me know. I guess they are obsessed with you and think by bringing it up on every poll it will resolve something. lol I guess they like stirring the pot. I just don't know why my stalker is so obsessed with me. This morning, posting anonymously as usual, told me to put my picture so everyone could see what I look like. lol lol He hasn't figured it out yet that smart people don't put their real pics out there...lol

@2126091

You got that right. lol

@2126088

Desperate fools need enemies,to create "friends".

@2126252

It "phucking" boggles the mind.

@2126252

Indeed it is..

@DandyDon Desperate fools need enemies,to create...

They enjoy stirring the pot, and causing trouble.

@StarzAbove They enjoy stirring the pot, and causing trouble.

Sadly,some people fall for their crap,just because they spew it over and over..

Couple times, but I don't block much anyway.

@2131603

That's great. My stalker and hater posts right to me, so I see every nasty crap he posts....but then I can report her and the mods have been very good about deleting her comments.

@2131641

I agree, I have to laugh every time she posts that crap about me living in a pig sty. I'm one of the best housekeepers ever, I can't stand messes or dirt. lol And then that comment about rats, wow, I have never seen a rat in my life, but she seems to know a lot about rats, pigstys, and dirty homes. I'm thinking she's talking about herself and her trashy box that she lives in under that bridge. lol

@2131657

OMG, you can have your rats....but not me....lol

@2131457

I usually forget about who has blocked me...out of sight, out of mind.

@2131501

That's tough when people are demeaning someone and there's nothing that can be done....but I'm sure your friends will take care of it for you. MY friends on SH always watched my back and they reported anyone who was giving me trouble. Good friends are a blessing to have.

@2126241

Wow you must have the patience of Job. lol

@2126307

I remember Awesomesauce....lol lol...

@2130980

She took getting used to...fortunately she wasn't on my Polls all that much...really difficult responding to her....

@2130988

Ha ha...she (or he) could snap...

@2126307

I'm slow to anger but when they start badmouthing my family, then the war is on.

I've never blocked anyone but there's always a first time.

Wow, you must be a saint....lol Congratulations!!!!

I just joined this site so I haven't had to block anyone yet. But on SH, I don't recall ever unblocking anyone. Everyone I've ever blocked there has either blocked me first or harassed me. And I never see a reason to unblock those kinds of people. Unless they apologize and truly regret it....but that's super rare.

So, I would unblock someone if I was in the wrong. But that's never been the case so far.

On a side note, I've heard that the block feature here is much better. That the user "disappears" once you block them. Just another reason I'm starting to like this site more than SH...

@Milena I just joined this site so I haven't had to block anyone yet. But on SH, I don't recall ever unblocking anyone...

The block feature is useless, because those that are blocked can create another account and post anonymously. And it's ruining this site.

@StarzAbove The block feature is useless, because those that are blocked can create another account and post anonymously. And...

Yeah, I'm not too fond of the "anonymous" feature either. Since that mostly attracts the wussies who don't like owning up to their shit, from what I've seen. But at least with this block feature you don't have to see the stuff they're posting with their main account (or their main account, even), unlike SH where you can click on a post you wanna answer and then find out it's by someone you have blocked, and are able to see the bullshit they post that you're tired of seeing.

Just get rid of that "anonymous" feature and it'd be perf.

@Milena Yeah, I'm not too fond of the "anonymous" feature either. Since that mostly attracts the wussies who don't like...

I agree. A lot of people feel the same and have asked the staff about doing away with it, but they won't, so I guess we're stuck with it.

@2129729

People should let bygones be bygones. This is a new site, but some have brought their old grudges right along with them from SH. And I've noticed the ones that have bragged they just want to have fun are the ones causing the problems. I had a few people blocked on SH that I've become friendly with on this site. I don't want to fight with anyone, just have some fun.

@2129748

I hope things get better for you. I've only been bothered by an anonymous stalker....and that's tough because I can't block.

@2130197

I know you reported my stalker, it was really bad there for awhile, I just ignored her and she wouldn't go away, then I called her out by name, and things have been pretty quiet. I hope they stay that way.

@2129726

I have never posted anonymously, although I was accused of it, and I never will. But something needs to be done about the anon posters....if we had the option to read or not read their comments that would be great.

I've been stalked and harassed on this site for just being me....some old haters from SH that can't let things go, so they hide behind the anon and tell lies and try to demean me. I've been ignoring them, mostly but last week I tore into her, and she's been quiet since then.

@2129742

It doesn't look like it's gonna change either. If the fighting keeps up, this site will go down, just like SH did. The troublemakers should wake up and stop this nonsense.

After I block someone I notice I get a lot of downraves. I guess they think that will bother me, but it doesn't. Downraves mean nothing to me.

@2129747

That's rather funny, when people worry about down raves. I don't usually down rave, I see no point in it, but I would use my screen name if I decided to.

@2129733

I've always said that bullies run in packs, usually in threes, at least that's what they did on SH....but I speak only from my own experience.

@2129745

People tried their hardest to bully me on SH....but they couldn't get the job done. I just ignored them and that seemed to make them very mad....lol

@2130191

I just kept on reporting....

@2133517

Blind Mist was on the other day and she took down two nasty comments to me by that jerk, the stalker.

@2133538

I agree, I hope everyone reports when a stalker is on the loose. But last week when I was being harassed, I reported it to all moderators, lol, and to Contact Us. His comments went down immediately. lol

@2129831

Too bad the bullies had to follow people over here. They should let bygones, be bygones, and enjoy this site. It can be a good site, if people would stop with their crap. It does no one any good at all.

@2127385

We need more good guys like you, my friend....even though you've been harassed, you just take it with a grain of salt.

@2127663

Aww thanks, I know you are watching my back. And I appreciate it very much.

@2127663

I know, and I appreciate your watching my back. Thanks a million.

If I found I'd made a mistake, yes. But that hasn't happened yet.

@StarzAbove You're lucky.

Someone who gets a block from me has really earned it. A simple disagreement doesn't qualify.

@SugarSkul Someone who gets a block from me has really earned it. A simple disagreement doesn't qualify.

I agree with you, but I was being stalked and harassed so if I thought someone was doing it, I would block, and if the harassment continued I would unblock.... one of the moderators suggested I block a certain person, which I did, he is still blocked.

Yes. Well. On SodaHead. It wasn't making a mistake it's just that once can't hold grudges forever.

@Why not?

Holding grudges is a great mental exercise when you're young...but after a while it gets old...and useless... you...

@arithmetic is a mental exercise. Holding a grudge is moral choice

Morality becomes an exercise when it serves a baseless purpose.

@Sukiesnow Morality becomes an exercise when it serves a baseless purpose.

purpose implies intent. Intent implies premeditation.
Premeditation implies effort. Holding a grudge is effortless. Forgiveness is an excersize

@what is the second step?

Time and thinking fond thoughts or sending kind energy toward the one you have a grudge against.

@2129305

I don't blame you, that's happened to me before, so they will stay blocked forever.

But what is troubling and confusing to me is I was talking to a good friend the other day, we were having a nice conversation, and the next thing I know she blocked me. Wow....I have no idea why. No explanation....nothing.

@2129722

I block when I'm being harassed or stalked. But if someone disagrees with me, that's fine with me, but just to block someone for no reason should not happen.

@2133513

Good for you, she's dumb as a rock, and just likes to fight. I blocked the GirlyMan today, I discovered he is the Welder....from PA, Rogue_Loner

@2133526

I know she tried to pick a couple of fights with me....I just shook my head at how really stupid he/she is.

@2133551

There's another one posting on a poll that I just came off of...what a jerk, he just told the poster ahead of him that he had her blocked. lol What a moron.

@2129749

I've been blocking if I think the person is an imposter, but when disagreeing with someone, I won't block them. I'll just leave the conversation and forget about it.

@2127710

Good for you. I'm not block happy either....

@2130113

Jealousy comes to mind....you think?

@2130131

How sad....when a social web site is all they have to occupy their time....

@2130140

From their comments, I think I know. lol

i dont think i block people

I have put a few on Time out when they wouldnt shut up.. and unblock them later..

Never needed to block anyone.

@cali93 Never needed to block anyone.

That's great. Evidently you haven't been stalked, demeaned or lied about.....lucky you.

On SodaHead, I did

I don't think that I blocked other people (not knowingly), and I think that in most cases, people deserve another chance, all the more if they apologise.

There were, though, cases of evident abuse, resp. fraud attempts and identity thefts on FB and in professional e-mail sites, which I had to report about.

On SH, I was blocked without a real reason several times by people whom I did not know. To be honest, I was far too busy to lose time with finding out about their reasons or reporting, and some of them had their account closed down.

@Marianne I don't think that I blocked other people (not knowingly), and I think that in most cases, people deserve another...

Thanks for sharing, some people block for no reason whatsoever, not me, when I block someone I have a darn good reason, and it's not because someone disagrees with me.

I have been blocked by people I have never met, I have been blocked by a guy who I was having a pleasant conversation with and the next thing I knew he blocked me. I've been blocked by women who thought I was flirting with their boyfriends, evidently they blamed me instead of the real culprit. Geez....but we deal with some very nutty people on this site...so I guess we just consider the source and move on.

This comment was deleted.
@2224795

Thanks John, another troll who has nothing better to do than to try and cause trouble. It just shows how ignorant they really are.

@StarzAbove Thanks for sharing, some people block for no reason whatsoever, not me, when I block someone I have a darn good...

You're very welcome, StarzAbove.

It looks often like some of us are simply at the wrong place at the wrong time:

@StarzAbove For sure. lol

Lol - this picture found on-line was too tempting; I had to share it. You got everything, the wrong place, the wrong time, the wrong "person", the wrong sound or instrument, the wrong hemisphere ... smile smilie

@2224140

lol From now on when I get blamed for flirting, I'll show them what flirting is all about, you think? lol

@2224157

lol Who me? lol

@2224168

hahah that sounds like something you would do. lol I wish I could have seen it. lol

@2224224

You lead an exciting, fun filled life. lol

@2126956

I've had that happen too, so I blocked them again. And there are a few people that I will never unblock.

I don't block as a rule. But I think cleaning house is a good idea. Every now and then I find common ground between myself and others I've treated as adversaries. I gotta tell you, it's really cool when that happens.

@2225075

Don't you dare leave us.

I have..

@2131467

There's one,once in a blue moon..

@2224169

You're lucky then, I've been back stabbed by those who I thought was my friend, then blocked for no reason. But I just consider the source, and move on, it's their loss, not mine.

@2224218

Thanks hon, yes it is their loss, I'm a very loyal friend and I don't stab my friends or anyone in the back.