0

If Obama really wanted to stop mass shootings why would he push for more gun laws? Is it simply a "feel good" thing to pass new laws that admittedly will not have any impact on these tragedies.

Is there rather some progressive plot to disarm Americans? Or is it all simply a lefty talking point to push at each oppertunity.
Given that Obama is not stupid, why does he ignore the actual problem?

Image for post If Obama really wanted to stop mass shootings why would he push for more gun laws? Is it simply a "feel good" thing to pass new laws that admittedly will not have any impact on these tragedies.
Davers avatar News & Current Events
1 10

I'm not certain, but it might simple be a talking point. Mass shootings are horrific, and it's hard not to empathize with the victims and survivors. We voters respond to such emotional things.

Daver, what is the "actual problem"? I don't support gun control, but firearms do provide a mentally ill person an efficient way to kill people.

I just love the "only criminals will have guns" if background checks are required. It makes perfect nonsense.
conservative ignorance is at an all time high as evidenced by their 3 presidential front runners.

That is bullshit
All the data says it would stop the killings

The real question is why would he want to stop the killings?

@VicZinc That is bullshit All the data says it would stop the killings The real question is why would he want to stop the...

how would preventing law abiding citizens from owning guns prevent non law abiding criminals from killing? pray tell how!

@Anonymousmouse how would preventing law abiding citizens from owning guns prevent non law abiding criminals from killing? pray...

No clue
and I don't want to stop people from owning guns
yet the evidence is incontrovertible

I am not interested in giving up the 2nd amendment
and I openly recognize that
countries that do not have that right
(with only 5 exceptions)
have far less per capita gun death
and mass shootings than
those that allow (rightfully) citizen to carry firearms.

sadly true

it will have an impact on these tragedies, the impact will be that there will be more of them