whats your favorite deep fried food?

Image for post whats your favorite deep fried food?
WilliamZichkos avatar Food & Drink
3 24

Bob Evans Broasted Chicken!

@WilliamZichko broasted?

Yup! It's kind of unique. Deep frying under pressure. You can't really do it at home, a pressure cooker would be unsafe. There is a special machine called a broaster that does it. A company in Wisconsin owns the patent rights to it. It you buy broasted chicken, it's from their machine using their recipe.

@Budwick Yup! It's kind of unique. Deep frying under pressure. You can't really do it at home, a pressure cooker would be...

cool i love cooking with science. have you ever heard of liquid nitrogen frying? it makes the best burger ive ever tasted.

@WilliamZichko cool i love cooking with science. have you ever heard of liquid nitrogen frying? it makes the best burger ive ever...

No, haven't heard of that. Liquid nitrogen, Hmmmm, frying at −320.4°F? Why, .. Dr. Zichko, ...have you gone mad?

@Budwick No, haven't heard of that. Liquid nitrogen, Hmmmm, frying at −320.4°F? Why, .. Dr. Zichko, ...have you gone mad?

well actually you cool the meat then push it into boiling oil flash frying it.

if you have ever seen freezer burned meat and tried to cook it youll notice it cooks much faster than regular and it has an amazing crunch if you fry it. the problem with it though is that it doesnt taste as fresh because the cell walls break down in the meat but if the process is done quickly the cellular structure stays intact an produces an amazing taste.

oh look i found a vid on it. ^-^

@WilliamZichko well actually you cool the meat then push it into boiling oil flash frying it. if you have ever seen freezer...

Interesting. Alton Brown used to have a show on Food Network that explained the science behind cooking. I really enjoyed it. It seems to be gone now.

@Budwick Interesting. Alton Brown used to have a show on Food Network that explained the science behind cooking. I really...

oooh i bet i know a site you would love. it has movies on the science of food. its called modernist cuisine. also if you want to start implementing some cheep and fun science into your cooking heres a cool site with starter kits. http://www.molecularrecipes.com...ar-gastronomy/

@Budwick Bob Evans Broasted Chicken!

I haven't had broasted chicken in years. I love it, but our favorite local place closed.

@JanHaskell I haven't had broasted chicken in years. I love it, but our favorite local place closed.

Before Bob Evans started selling broasted chicken, it had been years since I has enjoyed it too. Check it out next time you're near Bob Evans - it's yummy! (A little pricey though)

@JanHaskell Well, I'm jealous .... seems like Bob Evans hasn't ventured into California yet

Re these places near by?
Suria Broasted Chicken & Fish & Chips
123 W California Blvd, Pasadena, CA

Chicken BOX-Broasted
202 S Glendora Ave, West Covina, CA

I like tempura, especially the shrimp and zucchini.

Oh I love fried chicken.