+28

Not everyone needs to go to college, amirite?

In school, I remember being taught that the only way to be successful is to get a college degree. Now I'm seeing that's definitely not true.

Image for post Not everyone //needs// to go to college, amirite?
StickCavemans avatar People & Celebrities
3 17
The voters have decided that StickCaveman is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yes, I agree. There are many fine trade schools where you can learn a certain trade and make a good salary when you finish. They are not nearly as expensive as college. I know a young man who went to a trade school and learned to use heavy equipment and he makes a very good salary.

Mogals avatar Mogal Yeah You Are +3Reply
@2132405

I'm conflicted with my own college experience. I piddled around and took 6.5 years getting a 4 year degree. I am glad I went. I do feel like if I hadn't went I wouldn't be as intelligent as I am with my degree. But at the same time, I almost feel like I didn't really get anywhere. Granted, perhaps if I had been a little more open to other opportunities than chasing after what my current job has, I'd be putting my degree to better use.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +1Reply

I personally don't like/couldnt handle going to college in my experience.

BuddyCakess avatar BuddyCakes Yeah You Are +2Reply
@2132284

Lol... No shit though.. you can get your Commercial Driver's License and make more than a lot of people with college degrees start out making.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +2Reply

They are some people that are college dropouts that do well in getting a job or creating their own job.

It's a bit harder to get a good job without it. At least do some kind of training even trade school or internships just dont sit around on your ass and then go oh huh huh time to get a job ayep! and then go omg why cant I??

@TomboyJanet It's a bit harder to get a good job without it. At least do some kind of training even trade school or internships...

Trade schools or technical schools of course, but I'm specifically talking about college.

I've got a Bachelor's degree but it'd love to go take some auto mechanic's courses.

@StickCaveman Trade schools or technical schools of course, but I'm specifically talking about college. I've got a Bachelor's...

Well you don't need it for every job. You can make a decent living in some trades, I know people do, including a few fellow tomboy friends of mine. I just wouldn't expect to get a job as like a consultant for a major firm or ceo of whatever conglomo

but that doesnt mean everyone shouldnt have the chance to

WilliamZichkos avatar WilliamZichko Yeah You Are 0Reply
@WilliamZichko but that doesnt mean everyone shouldnt have the chance to

I kind of agree. But when you say everyone should have a chance to go to college, what do you mean? Everyone technically does have a chance. It's just that for some, depending on their individual circumstances, takes harder work to get started.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are 0Reply
@StickCaveman I kind of agree. But when you say everyone should have a chance to go to college, what do you mean? Everyone...

i think answering the question any more specifically than that would be intensely long given all the nuance of society ethics and economy involved.

WilliamZichkos avatar WilliamZichko Yeah You Are +1Reply
Anonymous