Being drunk or stoned is absolutely NO excuse for bad behaviour.

Image for post Being drunk or stoned is absolutely NO excuse for bad behaviour.
LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar People & Celebrities
4 39
@2132715

Oh baloney....... roll smilie

So many people commit crimes or just do awful things then say-Iwas drunk, like that makes it OK. In my opinion if you get drunk enough to do something awful, you are to blame for having no control over yourself. Can't behave when frunk-DON'T DRINK!

It is an excuse, but it is not a defense to criminal obligations. It's called responsibility, and drunk/stoned or sober, you're still responsible for your actions

It's not an excuse at all, just the reason for it sometimes.

Drugs, including alcohol, can cripple judgements entirely. However, part of the responsibility of using such substances is the accepting of any positive or negative consequences of their effects.

Yes, you need to take responsebility for your actions no matter what the circumstance. I know I have. People can be hurting. Some behave badly because they are ill or have trauma for example, but they can choose to be honest about it. To apologize and try harder to change in future. Because it is possible to change bad behaviour if you keep trying and have people who forgive you when you stumble.

If I say it's an excuse well, then it's my excuse.

Folks that drink and change into loud obnoxious drunks I avoid. I can't stand the exscuse, I was drunk I don't remember. If you know it brings out the worst in you don't do it.

Yes I agree

Does the same apply for consentual sex? Can a person consent while intoxicated? It does afterall take two to have sex. If both are drunk and one regrets it the next day, is it rape?

@StickCaveman Does the same apply for consentual sex? Can a person consent while intoxicated? It does afterall take two to have...

If both participate freely of cource it is not rape, but say she is so drunk she doesn't know where she is and he simply has his way with her without her participating. Pethaps she passes out, that's more like rape than a regretful hangover after a one night stand... but even in either of these situations Yes she has a responsebility for getting that intoxicated, but even so that gives no one a right to touch her without her consent.

agree, if you get drunk or high and do something stupid, you have no on eto blame but yourself, no one forced you to do it