Baseball players keep hitting into the stands. That's dangerous. Why don't they just make the field bigger?

Sukiesnows avatar Sports
5 21
@2134200

I can see the part about slowing the game down,,,and missing the excitement about the homers.

The fly balls I watched were not foul balls.

Wouldn't people use binaculars?

@Sukiesnow I can see the part about slowing the game down,,,and missing the excitement about the homers. The fly balls I...

Binoculars to watch a baseball in flight? I don't think so. Especially if it's headed your way. Seems like a good way to get beaned. Watching the players on the field is more likely I think - again, unless the ball is headed your way.

@2134200

Now, there's someone that knows about the game! Let's go to Wrigley Field (Chicago Cubs). It's got to be the oldest and smallest and always so fun!

@2134227

I'm excited for Cub this year too. The atmosphere in Wrigleyville is electric no matter how the Cubs are doing. It's got to be nuts these days. Too bad Harry Cary didn't live long enough for this season.

You just need to pay attention, which admittedly could be challenging, and you'll be alright. The fans themselves are the real hazard.

@PhilboydStudge You just need to pay attention, which admittedly could be challenging, and you'll be alright. The fans themselves...

The fun part of baseball is like golf...the not-paying-attention part...where you can gab with your friends for the most part...but yeah...i hear ya...the part where fans start throwing beer cans like holigans is hazardous...

@Sukiesnow The fun part of baseball is like golf...the not-paying-attention part...where you can gab with your friends for the...

I went to Shea Stadium years ago. The Mets fans actually cheered when their own pitcher was hit by a pitch. I guess his performance didn't meet their expectations. I remember thinking.. these people are f#ing crazy!

I'd hate to be in the stands with one of those balls coming at me... And it happens so often...why don't they simply make the field bigger?

Fans catching a fly ball is one of the thrills of going to a game. Real estate near stadiums is outrageously expensive. Consider not going to the game if you are afraid of getting hit. Let the other fans take their chances the same way. We can't protect everyone from everything. Chill.

@Budwick Not following you.

I've switched topics. Didn't I read on a Post that you had a baby...?

@Sukiesnow I've switched topics. Didn't I read on a Post that you had a baby...?

Oh my goodness no! I'm 65, my wife is younger but so much younger as to have a baby! Can you imagine a couple having a baby in their 60's? \

Now, I call our pups my babies some times. My daughter had a baby about a year and a half ago. But there are no little Budwick's running around.

But, thanks for asking.

@Sukiesnow lol...! Now I had the idea that you were a young female...how about that...!

Oh, that's funny! I do pride myself in being in touch with my sensitive / feminine side.

@Budwick Oh, that's funny! I do pride myself in being in touch with my sensitive / feminine side.

...And here I was also thinking how intellectual you were for your age... I mean, I don't check profiles much and your Av name isn't a dead giveaway...