For people living in Canada and the (most) northern United States, are you prepared for a possible 'brown' or/and 'green' Christmas instead of a white Christmas, due to El Niño (aka Climate Change)?

Image for post For people living in Canada and the (most) northern United States, are you prepared for a possible 'brown' or/and 'green' Christmas instead of a white Christmas, due to El Niño (aka Climate Change)?
62% Yes 15% No 23% Other
EternalSailorSols avatar Holidays & Birthdays
4 19

The elbow tendinitis I got from all the snow shoveling last winter still hasn't fully healed. I hope it does soon, because I doubt this El Nino will be strong enough to prevent lake effect snowsqualls off the Great Lakes.

@2135157

I agree. I often enjoy the feeling of battling the elements. Just don't hurt your your elbow.wink smilie

I wouldn't mind having a green/brown chirstmas

I lived with one in 1997.

We rarely have snow in Kentucky for Christmas. Sometimes it's 65-70F degrees in December. Sometimes the low can be 10F. It's typically in Jan and Feb that we have our coldest weather/snow. Sometimes it goes on up into March for a week or two. Last winter was great.... it got below 0 a few times and we got a very good helping of snow without any of that shitass ice.

It's been like this as long as I can remember. But it's important to keep in mind that Climate Change isn't proven nor dis-proven from remembering how much it snowed in the past couple of years. That's what historic records are for.

Kind of irks me how every year people around here pipe up, "can ya believe it's 64 degrees this time of year??" Yes. Yes, I can.

It's a crap shoot every year. El Nino is NOT climate change - El Nino and La Nina are normal occilations of warm 'bands' of water in the ocean. We've experienced the phenomena probably as long as there has been weather. They've claimed finding evidence of El N ino events as far back as 10,000 years ago. Christmas will be fine Virginia, with or without snow.

last i heard we where suposed to get a record snow fall this year. if that is changed it could very well be because of chemtrails.