You're having a really bad day. After getting fired from your job you total your vehicle. You arrive home early to find your fiancé in bed with the pastor. So, where was your God that day?

Sukiesnows avatar Jokes & Humour
8 81
@2136425

Quiz: so quick to support but yet so shunning at standing up for yourself.

@2136577

Yeah well you say you won't argue or debate your beliefs or values, which I understand, but then as a contradiction you come out of left field to support those who do...

Just don't enter the fray, then unless you're planning to debate.

@2136583

Nah...I don't wish to argue.

I just wanted to express how I felt...

@2136418

Other religions also purport that "everything happens for a reason''.

@2141361

Actually I was thinking of Bhuddism.

But, yeah...maybe a bit.

@2141375

No...I'm Canadian and was involved with Bhuddism for a fraction of time...we don't think about the Muslim religion much....

Good quote but sometimes it is better to speak than remain silent...some people are afraid to speak...and really what do others matter...

I should say good night...my heart's not in this convo but thank you...

In Heaven, you can't blame God for what us sinners do, we have free choice.

@2136268

For those who believe in God, shouldnt He at least be consoling you? Giving you some Strength with which to continue your life?:-)

@2136423

Can't someone post a Question while sitting on the fence?

@2136296

Exactly. Something an atheist doesn't understand.

@2136307

Most Christians don't attack the atheist, I know I don't but a lot of them are always making snide comments about a Christian and our beliefs.

@2136314

I agree.... there are a lot of people who profess to be Christians and then act like the Devil himself.

@StarzAbove He's always there to provide strength and help, all one has to do is ask for it.

There's a point where a person has to take responsibility for their own life.

@Sukiesnow There's a point where a person has to take responsibility for their own life.

That's true, but God is always there if we need Him. And that's very comforting.

@2136325

Exactly, and we don't always get what we ask for, He knows what's best for us.

@2136328

That's why I didn't reply to that post. Things like that make me sick to my stomach. And I wonder what kind of miserable life that person has.

@2136322

It seems that Christians are all too willing to make excuses when bad things happen.

@2136333

Christians do. When someone dies they all say stuff like it was their time...we mustn't question the wisdom of God. You forget I've lived on that side of the fence, once...

@2136519

What do you mean by that...in this case?

@2136539

Au contraire...in this case it means I can more readily argue both sides of the fence....

@2136546

Gun...My pov is:
One goes thru life subjecting your own values, beliefs and principles to your own scrutiny. When I say ''argue'' you first learn to argue with yourself: not to argue with yourself means you are accepting of what has been passed down to you, without evaluating it. The phrase "follow like sheep" comes to mind.

@2136557

Fine.

No, I don't remember why we may or may not have gotten along on SH.

I can see your POV, too, and I wasn't v. outspoken on SH.

MAN creates his/her own problems. And unfortuantely, problems for everything else.

@2136517

Probably in Vegas.

@2136540

Why be everywhere if you can be in Vegas?

@2136547

True. Been there done that. God got bored? Maybe he's in Canada...:-)

@2136551

Your description defys understanding.

You can't speak for anyone but yourself. And if this is bad it was worse on SodaHead.

@2136564

I don't know how asking about someone's religious beliefs can be disrespectful.

I tend to stay away from these Atheist/Christian questions since I don't feel they are v. serious.

@2136572

See? Was that so hard?

@2136627

I prefer to hear others' feedback.

@2136826

In Canada they call that listening to another POV.

@2136927

I recommend you move here.

@2137030

Well, just don't swagger through town with it...:-)

@2137036

After a while you will feel so safe here that you will probably not bother to wear it anymore....

Sounds like an annoying car insurance commercial. biggrin smilie

@Sukiesnow What does.

The first sentence of the question. Where a person's "God" is when they feel forsaken, is not something I feel free or wish to mock.

In Heaven. Man chose the dark side, and as long as there’s enough “dark matter” to go around, situations like these will arise.

Well, there is always something...

At work getting fired.

Well then, let it be a Question you ponder over with yourself. :-)

This Question is based on a true story of a neighbour who was always down on his luck, even though he and his family were as good Christians as the rest of us.

God is credited with all the good stuff that happens, but none of the "really bad day" stuff. In those cases God was occupied elsewhere, or simply giving us another test of faith. If God knows all and sees all, why the need to be somewhere else when we're getting fired. Why test our faith if God already knows everything.
Some of religion is filled with contradictions.

@2136407

So then why praise God when something happens thas considered a miracle?

@2136500

So not a miracle then...just something good.

@2136518

The good is generally attributed to God...rather vocally...

@2136533

That is true, and it makes it easier to debate both sides of the fence.

@2136811

This is why understanding other religions is important as a precursor to defending both sides. My family is religious and think they know about other religions (what they've been told by their pastor)...but understanding about other religions is only as effective...What i'm trying to say is that if I understood the Muslim religion...one way of expressing that would be to pretend to be a Muslim and defend their religion....

Of course as you more or less said...who would do that?

My God was definitely not with the pastor; he was hangin out with me.

Laughing at your presumption that He Gives A Damn about your petty life.

@2713218

I think the actual history of the world shows there are only 2 likely choices:

1 - There is NO god.
2 - If there is an ("all knowing" and "all powerful") god ... He left His Creation completely on its own.

Sure, there are other choices - but they are not likely, given the actual history of this world and the state it is in.

@2713745

WHY do you "Christians" try to force your beliefs on everybody else?

Why do I fight back against belief in a deity? Because people believing in god has led to violence on a scale so vast it is mind-boggling. Billions of people murdered. Billions more oppressed and persecuted. Not to mention the attached belief that "the devil made me do it", and lack of personal responsibility for one's own actions.

I see no irony in trying to explain to people that there is no evidence of a deity. Just like there is none explaining that there is no evidence for Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, leprechauns, unicorns, Sharknados, etc, etc, etc.

As the saying goes: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

@2714032

I laugh at you.

I was merely responding to the original question, and you obviously felt like starting an argument. And then you feel somehow qualified to attempt to psychoanalyze someone you've never met. And then go into a rant which has nothing to do with the original question.

I'm done.

The same place he's always been..

I won't mope,i'll call Jerry Springer,make me some money with all that drama..