Is Chocolate bad for your skin?

15% Yes 73% No 12% Other
EternalSailorSols avatar Life
8 44

not that I know of

@2173656

Oz I never see a snake unless I am digging in the dirt. I don't mind them a bit - seems the more you hate something the more you see it. I bet you can out run any snake you happen to see think smilie

@2172333

Mine too but nobody ever got mad at me.

I think Dermatologists would disagree, but I feel certain foods, including chocolate, were bad for my completion (acne).

No, I don't believe it is. Dark chocolate is the most healthiest of all of the chocolates.

It's the other ingredients in some chocolate bar recipes that can be harmful .... but I still can't resist :)

Too many oily and high acid foods are bad for the skin.

dark chocolate is good for you in moderation

Nope. Anything eaten in excess can be bad for you, but the idea that chocolate causes acne has been debunked long ago.

My skin looks fine and I eat it every other day

Not for me... makes a good skin mask

@LilithReborn Not for me... makes a good skin mask

chocolate mask, gosh I Would die wishing I was eating it not wearing it. Oh boy I am out of chocolate chips so I am going to make brownies, yum micro brownies are fine one by one.

Depends on the type?

It's one of the biggest myth's

@tyedie95 It's one of the biggest myth's

That is what I was wondering about, being confused about it. Because in the 90's and early 2000's. I was told to stay away from chocolate because of acne I had at the time. Today, you hear both sides or more about it.

@EternalSailorSol That is what I was wondering about, being confused about it. Because in the 90's and early 2000's. I was told to...

Oh acne that may be true, I never had that thank goodness - because I eat chocolate chips by the handful and always have. Now it is a chocolate chip and a bran flake or a fresh cherry or apple slice . I have learned the cleanest people in the world drink a lot of tea no sugar. I think that would help anyone trying to fight acne as the tea kills many germs from within. But no sugar or milk, you get used to it pretty fast. Good luck with you chocolate struggles!!

It is not recommended to apply chocolate to your skin. Some cosmetics use cocoa butter, and that seems to be ok, but chocolate attracts bugs that can damage the skin.

Chocolate is very good for you the darker the better, too much could be bad for you just like anything else.

No...sugar is.