How many virgin births are in the Christian Bible?

Matthew references the birth of Immanuel in Isaiah, does this mean that there were two people, in the bible, born of a virgin? And the Catholics believe Mary was immaculately conceived, was she as well born of a virgin?

Image for post How many virgin births are in the Christian Bible?
Seedy3s avatar Religion
2 27
@2137405

That is the short list.. I can list over a thousands contradictions in the bable...

@2137840

Interesting, I frequent this website That is going through the contradictions and explaining why they are there. You might find it interesting

http://contradictionsinthebible.com/

@Seedy3 Interesting, I frequent this website That is going through the contradictions and explaining why they are there...

Christian apologists will say anything to get you off the track.. crap like "that is not what it means" or "you don't understand" I have read most explanations as to why things are not as they seem in the bible and it is all Babble, nonsense, and lame excuses....

@clayslayer Christian apologists will say anything to get you off the track.. crap like "that is not what it means" or "you...

That site is not a Christian apologetics website. And it does not try to make excuses for the contradictions.

@Seedy3 That site is not a Christian apologetics website. And it does not try to make excuses for the contradictions.

yes it does,, read it... they are trying to cover their butts and really not explaining a damn thing.. just making statements that are not true....

@2137840

I know,, but 6ooo would be a lot to list,, and I thought 1000 would be enough..

@clayslayer That is the short list.. I can list over a thousands contradictions in the bable...

Yes that is a "short" list, there are actually somewhere around 3,000 contradictions. Some pretty much benign, some major.

@2137405

I'm kind of partial to verses 18-20, if read in the right context, Adam might have been... well read it for yourself:

18 Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper as his partner.” 19 So out of the ground the Lord God formed every animal of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called every living creature, that was its name. 20 The man gave names to all cattle, and to the birds of the air, and to every animal of the field; but for the man there was not found a helper as his partner.

In the Babylonian Talmud, the rabbis seem to feel that Adam was trying out some of the animals for a mate.

This is an obvious troll post by an obvious sock account.

@KristenGuruLynn This is an obvious troll post by an obvious sock account.

No troll posting, I'm interested to see what others have to say about the topic. and why they say what they do.

@Seedy3 No troll posting, I'm interested to see what others have to say about the topic. and why they say what they do.

In reality escaping fantasy.. there has never been a VIRGIN birth,, jut a story of one.. there is no proof anywhere outside the bible that that event actually took place.. and common sense tells one that it is impossible.. and that crap that "Everything is Possible with god " is just that Crap...

@KristenGuruLynn What rock did you just crawl out from under?

reality is not your forte is it? any one that believes a woman knocked up by a voice, needs to seek mental help..

In the bible myth only one clearly stated
In other religious myths at least a dozen
In non religious myths, scores

Only one that matters.

Only one, Jesus Christ, any other reference is to the Christ Child.

Isaiah 7:14 was a promise to King Ahaz about the outcome of the fight between Israel/Syria and Judah along with Assyria. and the "sign" given to Ahaz is a "virgin" birth. So it would seem that there might have been 2. Perhaps the first one was prophetic of the second, as Matthew indicated, but it appears that Jesus was not the first one born of a virgin.

@Seedy3 Isaiah 7:14 was a promise to King Ahaz about the outcome of the fight between Israel/Syria and Judah along with...

He is the only virgin birth mentioned in the bible. Anything else was a reference to His coming.

@StarzAbove He is the only virgin birth mentioned in the bible. Anything else was a reference to His coming.

How would a virgin birth 500 years after Ahaz died be a sign to him?

Isaiah 7:10 Once again the Lord God spoke to King Ahaz. This time he said, 11 “Ask me for proof that my promise will come true... 14 But the Lord will still give you proof. A virgin is pregnant; she will have a son and will name him Immanuel.

Notice it does not say "will" be pregnant, it says "is" pregnant.

Much of the mythology in the bible is taken from astrology... One can compare the Zodiac with Jesus and the 12 disciples and the seasons... The sun, and the 12 signs of the Zodiac have been translated into Jesus the SON, and the 12 signs of the Zodiac are the Disciples....LOL some imagination them goat herders had...